Ray's Outdoors
See the Best Camping Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Ray's Outdoors? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.2

Tagged on shelf special for hiking boots at 114 then scanned at 225. Sales assistant then virtually

Very very poor customer service. Accused of changing special tags. And she still had the nerve to sell me the boots. Btw tag was for the product I wished to purchase. It is not the customers fault if products are not tagged correctly

Giving up on getting refunded for faulty product

It's been months emailing backwards and forwards asking for a post paid bag to be sent so I can return a faulty camping light that failed me on the first use. It cost me lots of money as I lost market sales due to my gazeebo being in darkness and still it's not resolved.
    Won't buy from them again

Other Camping Shops

Mark M.
    Mark M.AU

RaysOutDoors review

I got an air mattress from RaysOutDoors online and when I got it and inflated it had a defect with the air mattress not happy. Not going to buy from there again and delivery was slow.

Camping Shops

Find out how Ray's Outdoors compares to other Camping Shops

Bill R
    Bill RGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

An example of a poor Aussie retail service standard

Tom
    TomGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unhelpful staff

Went into Ray's Ballarat on 16/5/16 to purchase a 20 metre, 15 amp extension lead for my caravan. Had what I wanted however it was $16.00 dollars dearer than Bunnings. Guess where I purchased it.

darl
    darl

Won't go there again

We went to Mandurah Rays Outdoor store whilst visiting from the country. We were treated rudely when we queried ticketed discounted prices to the actual total of purchases at the checkout. He snatched the discount tickets off the shelf and said they shouldn't be on there. He begrudgingly honoured it and made us feel he was doing us a favour! Rude service and very condescending. You lost our custom. We always buy camping and hiking gear clothes etc when visiting the city.

misterbee
    misterbeePeel, WA

Online Order Debacle.

Lisaho
    LisahoBallarat

Very poor customer service

I went into the Ballarat store for the first time on Saturday in the hope of buying some shoes and travel clothing to take overseas. I spent 40 minutes in the store waiting for assistance as I was unable to find what I was looking for but was totally ignored by the staff. I went to approach an older female staff member who clearly saw that I needed assistance and she ducked into a room out the back (near the shoes) and never returned! I like to support local businesses but eventually gave up waiting and bought my gear elsewhere... Very poor service..

Other Camping Shops

Peter
    PeterBendigo Vic

Gift cards

My son purchased gift cards for us & 2 sisters as presents for Christmas ($400 total). Went to use on Boxing day sales, could not get any discount. It appears by supporting the store & using gift cards, recipients are to pay full price for goods. Sent a message of complaint to their on line customer service to receive a very bland reply about how we had helped them give better service in the future ([censored word removed]). Will use cards and not go back, Anaconda have a much more varied range. Cash supplied 2 days before Christmas (in exchange for cards) is not as good as cash supplied as a present to be used wherever you like. Company policy does not encourage return business.

Camping Shops