Real Funeral Insurance
See the Best Funeral Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Real Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (0) · No (1)
Amanda Raiti
Amanda Raiti

SAVE YOUR MONEY

My Uncle paid for funeral insurance and 3 weeks after his death I am still waiting, don't believe the ads on tv. You have to provide a "certified copies" of a million documents before they will process your claim. The only nice thing I can say is that they sent me a small bunch of flowers when he passed. Otherwise they have made the whole process extremely painful.

Rodney GALE
Rodney GALEPerth, WA

Don't ever have an ongoing illness, even if everything else is OK

I was refused a policy because of an illness (Diabetes) which is a very common one to have with age. I was deemed to be too much of a risk.

debra callaghan
debra callaghanSydney, NSW

Monies owed

I am still waiting for two months of insurance payments incorrectly debited from my bank account to be repaid!!!!
Please correct this error ASAP as promised by Robin at Real insurance

Hi Debra,
I am sorry to hear about the experience you had with us and I would like the opportunity to look into this further for you. I have sent you a private message requesting some additional information to assist with this.
Sharon

BobRPerth, WA

No value if you live

I just recently cancelled my Real Insurance Funeral policy after 10 years. Reason lack of value. I have paid in more than the benefit over that period and the benefit was not to change and It could only be received if I died or lived to be 90 years of age by which time I would have paid more than twice what I was to receive. Wasn't explained well at time of taking out policy and although slightly better policies are available. As is normal with life policies you are betting you die and insurance company is betting you live and in this case they won. The only real benefit I received.

BobR

I am now too old and the company should have tried earlier to do something instead of just taking the money.

Funeral Insurance

Find out how Real Funeral Insurance compares to other Funeral Insurance

Raelene K.
Raelene K.asked

Hi, I would like to know how much a policy would be for a couple. (aged 65 and 67) How much would it be a fortnight to cover,and how long do we have to be paying insurance to receive the benefit in case of unexpected death to either? Thanks for your help Raelene

Louise
Louise

No idea you'd have to contact them direct great prices tho

Hi Raelene,
Thank you for reaching out to us with your query. The quote will vary depending on the benefit amount that you choose, which can be from $3,000 up to $15,000. Upon taking out a policy, cover is for accidental death only in the first 12 months, then death by any cause thereafter. Further information is available on our website; https://www.realinsurance.com.au/funeral-insurance or alternatively, I can arrange for one of our lovely team members to give you a call and provide you with a quote. I have sent you a private message, if you would like to proceed with a call.
Jessica

Zeron
Zeronasked

How long after you log the form and the berial certificate do you get payed out

Bernadette
Bernadette

Not sure

Hi Zeron,
Thank you for raising your question. Claims are generally paid within 1–2 business days on receipt of the completed claim form and supporting documents. Sometimes this may take longer if the documentation is inconclusive. Where this is the case we will seek additional information to process the claim as promptly as possible. We will call you as soon as there is an update and every 10 business days to keep you informed of how your claim is progressing. If your claim is approved, payment will be made promptly.
Jessica

Thecurlasked

Does Real Insurance do Funeral Cover for people with Part 9 debt Agreements

Hi Thecurl,
Thank you for reaching out to us. If you are an Australian resident aged between 18 and 79 you can apply for cover. However, Real Insurance does have a duty of care to ensure that any potential customer has the financial means to service their policy on going.
If you would like to learn more, please send a private message with your best contact number and I will arrange for a team member to contact you. Alternatively, you can call 1300 367 325.
Tess

Hi
I already have insurance with you but have heard you do not cover people on a Part 9 agreement and my husband has one I do not

Hi Thecurl,
Thank you for your response. As you are already insured with us, I would like to escalate your question to our customer support team. If you are open to this, can you please send a private message with your policy number and best contact number and I will arrange for someone to contact you to discuss this further.
Tess