Real Pet Insurance Premium Accident & Illness Cover

Real Pet Insurance Premium Accident & Illness Cover

Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If your dog or cat becomes sick, pet insurance can help get the treatment they deserve. For a better idea of how pet insurance works, continue reading so you can make an informed choice.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

4.5

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (22)
    • 1-2 weeks (8)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (32) · No (3)
Katrina S

Katrina SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wouldn’t be without it!

Have used my Pet Insurance recently for my beloved pet and used the online claims service to to be quite honest it literally took two minutes to put the claim in! I received notification within a few hours acknowledging that they received my claim and are working on it. Two days later received the rebate! What better service could I ask for! Thank you Real Insurance, it’s a relief knowing my beloved dog will be looked after when he needs it!

Alicia

AliciaIllawarra, NSW

They Live up to their name "REAL"

SuzanneSydney, NSW

Excellent! Claims made easy!

I’ve been with Real Pet Insurance for approx 8 yrs now. I’ve never had any issues with a claim and they make the process easy and quick with refunds within a few days of the claims being submitted. Highly recommended!

Suzanne

Real insurance always makes difficult situations with our pet family members so much easier. I have always highly recommended Real Insurance to many friends.

Hi Suzanne,
Thank you for your reply. I am glad to hear that we have been able to assist you and your pets in times of need. Thanks again for your kind words.
Kind regards,
Alisa

Pet Insurance

Find out how Real Pet Insurance Premium Accident & Illness Cover compares to other Pet Insurance

Xuehua

XuehuaSydney, NSW

Claim

Yes it covered 75-80% of the money.
The insurance was easy to set up.
It took less than a week to resolve my claim.
I joined Real Insurance for more than one year.

JUDITH HALL

JUDITH HALLAustralian Capital Territory

So glad we have this.

We have had Real Insurance for our staffie since he was 10 months old. He is now 10 and a half. In this time he has had cruciate surgery and a few other minor things. Recently he slipped a disk and in the end had to have spinal surgery. I am so happy that we had the insurance to cover this. Claims were paid quickly and it is so good that the claim is sent straight from the vet, no paperwork to complete. Highly recommend it.

OMER S

OMER SSydney, NSW

Highly recommended Real Pet Insurance to anyone who loves their pets and wants to ensure they get the best care possible

Real insurance has been an absolute blessing for us over the last 6 years. We have had pet insurance since our pug was 8 weeks old (now 6yrs old) and it has been worth every single cent. Unfortunately he has had a number of costly medical issue and it’s been so comforting to know he could get the best treatment without having to worry about the cost. Real Insurance has been a pleasure to deal with on every occasion and has always been very prompt in paying claims and now offering Gap only I only pay the gap in the bill.. so easy and convenient! I highly recommend Real Insurance to anyone looking for peace of mind and a friendly reliable company who care about our fur babies!

Simone

SimoneGippsland, VIC

I'm glad that I was able to claim on insurance for my pet's vet treatment.

No, not a good policy for value as unable to insure for dental which I feel is a very important part of pets health, as peridontal is vital to maintaining the best health for your pet, and pets deterioration in health is primarily due to dental, and therefore, as I have a premium policy, I feel that dental should be included. Myself I have private health cover and dental is covered as it is important, so why not the pets. My pet has his teeth cleaned but I am out of pocket for this because REAL do not cover it. And yes, I am a responsible pet owner.
yes easy to set up, .
Good time frame for resolving claim
pet insured for 2 years

Jasmine

JasmineSydney, NSW

Best decision ever

Our dog is two years old and was diagnosed with cataracts, which is unusual because he is so young. To us he is much more than just a dog, he’s family. We decided we want to give him the best life possible and get him surgery to fix his eyes and restore his vision. He spent three days with the amazing team at SASH vets. Real pet insurance covered 80% of his surgery, and were super quick to approve it (no hassles). I would also like to add that we didn’t have to pay the money outright as real pet insurance paid the vets directly, saving us having to fork out $8k and then claim the money back. We are so grateful for real pet insurance. Could not recommend them enough!

Prompt reinbursment

Was impressed at the prompt return after submitting invoice . Recieved a great amount back. Have recommended this insurance to others. We are glad we took out this insurance as it has been worth it .

Claim MadeYes

Caroline

CarolineSydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent Pet Insurance!!!

Very easy to set up today, very informative consultant, I have been with Real for over 10yrs with another form of Policy so I am very happy insuring my new Pet with Real Insurance.

Customer RelationsReal Insurance

Not value for money at all

This company is an absolute rip off. Do yourself a favour and go elsewhere!!!! Always a reason they can't pay a rebate and absolutely not worth the money!!!
I tried to cancel my policy today only to be told I needed to keep paying it for the duration of the policy period. I pay $80 per month and I have only been able to claim for $120 during policy period. My dog had a $1400 dental operation. I got $21 back. Dental is a general exclusion apparently. Super unhappy!

Karen

KarenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No fuss, no questions easy claim

Was very happy!
The claim was easy, no stress and payment was promptly transferred into my account. During these times it takes the worry out as it’s stressful dealing with a sick animal. Thank you for your great customer care

Outstanding customer service

Best value I’ve seen, any claims (no matter big or small) were dealt with and paid within 2-3 business days, outstanding customer service and will be using real insurance for a long time to come

Teresa

always great service and communication

I'm so glad I have real pet insurance especially now with my two dogs getting older. I am claiming more with great help when needed and claim process quick and easy

Teresa

It's amazing how we forget to thank for great service or just in general. I greatly appreciate the service you provide and thanks can go a long way.

Hi Teresa,
Thank you again, we really appreciate the kind words that you have shared with us and that we are also able to share this with our teams.
Kind regards,
Alisa

I could not recommend Real Pet Insurance more highly!

Natalie

NatalieSydney Surrounds, NSW

Best decision I've ever made

Policy is great value. Very easy to set up. Once claims lodged its resolved in 2 to 3 working days. 3 years with this insurance company. Great friendly service when you ring and talk to a customer service representative.

Patricia

PatriciaNorth Queensland, QLD

Great

I have just purchased another policy for my new puppy, Converse as Real Insurance were great to work with and claim for my previous dog, Reebok. I would recommend them for pet insurance.

Katherine

KatherineSydney, NSW

Easy to claim

This is my first time buying pet insurance and my claim was processed within a couple of days of the hospital submitting it. I didn’t even have to do anything! Very happy with Real Insurance.

Karen

KarenSydney, NSW

Great!

I have had a good relationship with Real insurance for many years. It means that helping my pets is much easier & those difficult decisions that have to made because of cost can often be avoided.. the claims are processed quickly & I find them compassionate when I need to call for assistance. Happy with my Choice. Would recommend..

Kelly

KellySouth East Queensland, QLD

Impressed with the ease of claiming

The policy for my pooch was all done over the phone many years ago and i have received regular updates of price rises etc. direct debit works for me. I have been a customer for 10 years now and recently my dog broke his knee from a fall and after consults, drugs, x-rays and surgery any claim s i made were paid out within 2 days. Very fast and simple online claiming with drag and drop files. No hassles, no disputes. Well done Real pet insurance.