Real Pet Insurance Premium Accident & Illness Cover

Real Pet Insurance Premium Accident & Illness Cover

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (5) · 1-2 weeks (4) · 2-4 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (9) · No (2)

Adam M.

Adam M.Sydney, NSW

Garbage, doing everything possible to avoid claims! avoid!

Horrible first experience with a pet insurance company.
detailing false information regarding a claim, advising a condition was pre existing when it clearly wasn't, won't respond to emails and now they will take 10-15 days to get back to be involving a review, ONLY, only after I pushed back many times, what an absolute joke.
REAL will be paying my claim, I will be pushing with the ombudsman and further, so they better get back to me asap, will never go back.

Claim ApprovedNo

Susan Webster

Susan WebsterSydney, NSW

Fantastic cover for my fur baby

So easy making a claim, my vet sends the claim through on line for me, only takes a few days to get payment into my account, would not be with out pet insurance for my dog, you just don't know what can happen,

broadybob

broadybobGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Gratitude of Claims Service

Brilliant online claims service. It is so simple to Lodge and then to receive payment within a few days was sensational. I am an ex insurance employee. Great service indeed .

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
magpy

magpyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Customer Service

Today I spoke to Rafael with regard to a claim I had submitted. Not only did she take the time to check my claim but she also rang me back to advise me she had expedited my claim and it was in the final stages of being settled. To me this was going over and beyond any service I could have expected and I would recommend this customer service officer to everyone.

Jody Robertson

Jody RobertsonHolt 2615, ACT

Excellent and reliable

I have had this policy for about 5 years and have never had a complaint. Claims are reviewed and finalised promptly. Very happy and have just covered a second pet under the same policy

Claim DateNovember 2019

WillroCentral West, NSW

Claims are always paid promptly within 10 days which is a lot faster than RSPCA pet insurance

Have found staff to be friendly and professional. No problems with the phone service. I found that my claims were always paid promptly and the service is much better than with my last insurance company.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat

Hi Willro,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am thrilled to hear of the great service that you have received from our team and that we can assist with your claims.

Willro

Since I am a pensioner Real Pet Insurace has given me peace of mind knowing that I can always afford vet treatment for my much loved pet.

Lorraine P

Lorraine PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fast easy claims service

With the high costs of Vet Bills and things that go wrong with animals these days I wouldn't be without it. The fact that you can lodge claims electronically and money comes through within a couple of days is excellent. I have never had any issues with lodging claims its simple and easy as long as you have all the correct paperwork from the Vet.

Claim DateOctober 2019

Jeanette

JeanetteWheatbelt, WA

Perfect I have piece of mind now

Policy was perfect. I have life and funeral cover with Real insurance and wouldn’t go anywhere else. Staff were amazing in explaining information and giving me plenty of options. Amazing

Don’t pay claims

Have been with them for about four years. Pay premiums fortnightly - about $75 per fortnight for two small dogs. Lodged a claim for a vet bill of $80 and it was refused because the vet notes stated that my dog MAY have scratched her eye after being groomed two days before. Claim refused due to complications following grooming. A) may or may not have been complication following grooming and B) why should it matter. It could have been caused by windy weather too, which had been experiencing around the same time. Been paying them about $75 per fortnight, and this vet bill was for $80.

Number of Pets2 pets
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Hi David,
Thank you for providing us with the opportunity to look into this. Your feedback has been passed on for coaching purposes.

Best thing for our Pet!!

Good value policy. Quick response to approvals and claims. Good system for protection of your pet/s. Peace of mind that our pet is covered.
Easy to communicate with and Real Life Insurance pleasure!

Tyson

TysonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great policy. Too many phone calls.

Policy is great and the best I could find however while I was exploring other options and doing some homework I received 4 phone calls in 12 hours asking me to complete the sign up process. Didn’t need or want 1.

Great cover!

Great with my current pet so my new pet is now covered with Real as well. I have been with Real for 11 years and they have looked after me

Number of Pets2 pets

Glenn

GlennPerth, WA

Brilliant service

Great policy , great value and good time management on funds to be returned. We have been with Real before we collected our puppy 4 and a half years ago. Great focus on customer care.

Claim DateSeptember 2019

Hi Glenn,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we really appreciate it. I am delighted to hear that we have been able to assist with your claims and provide support, where needed for your grown puppy.

ExcellentThe Mallee, VIC

Think you should cover more for pulling out animals teeth.

I was sending it to you by email. Now my My Vet sends it to you .it makes it easy when the vet sends it to you.would be better if the coverd animals teeth more sometimes animals has 2 or 3 teeth out

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateAugust 2019

Hi Excellent,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are always looking for ways to improve the service we provide to our customers and your feedback will assist with this.
Sharon

Very happy with policy

Very happy with Oz who explain it thoroughly to me , easy set up and peace of mind for my girl and me. I am pleased I have good cover for her.