Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If you're a pet owner, you probably agree there’s nothing worse than your dog or cat getting sick or hurt. But what happens when vet bills are sky high? Pet insurance can grant you peace of mind, helping your pet get the treatment they deserve, without sending you broke.

Read now

3.6

Clemence

ClemenceMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

the best insurance there is.

The policy was very easy to set up, I have not lodged a claim yet. I have been with Real pet Insurance for 2 years, with my cat. I have confidence that lodging a claim will be just as easy.

nikki.zantiotis

nikki.zantiotisSouth West, QLD

Quick response to claims

As always, claim was attended within a couple of days and text message sent acknowledging same a day or so before. Absolutely no complaints in all the 9 years. Would highly recommend your service

Josie

JosieSouth East Queensland, QLD

My policy is in line with what I had signed up for no hidden get outs I got what I signed up for Great Insurance no regrets all claims were met

Find out how Real Pet Insurance compares to other Pet Insurance

very good response to claim

With the slow mail by post i did not realize i could claim online for my Belgian Shepherd cross rough collie called SOLO. Much quicker to settle claim online which i will use in future claims,I have been with Real Pet insurance for 10 years

Advance

No, real insurance is more expensive compares to others. We made claim for our dog Kya which was deny And one wasnt paid. As the vet diagnose herv with the wrong was diagnoses. And we weren' t very happy either.

Review collected in partnership with Real Insurance

Lalline

LallinePerth, WA

Claiming for having my dog put down

I think my policy was good. I do think thou that if I do get another dog I will be going with RSPCA as their price is a little cheaper than you and you get up $20,000. But this is nothing against you I have been with you for a long time. And I thank you

Hi Lalline,
I am sorry to hear of the passing of your pet and wish to extend my sympathy to you and your family. I am pleased to hear that we were able to assist in providing support for you and your pet, when needed.

JessicaSydney, NSW

Instant policy quote with minimal info (Breed and DOB only)

Quote process was online and super fast. Only required the pup’s breed and DOB. Quick process to set up reoccurring credit card payment. Found the premium to be competitive. (Don’t be fooled by insurers offering free months upfront when the overall cost will be more over the life of the pup!)

Kailing

Kailing

Simple and Easy

We have had most of our dog's claims out through our vet and it is a fast and efficient process whereby claims were paid into our nominated bank account. I could not be more thankful for the seamless process, thank you Real Pet Insurance!

Hi Kailing,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that your claims have been seamless and that we can provide you with cover that is suitable to your needs.

Patrick

PatrickSouth East Queensland, QLD

Vets are expensive

In my opinion vets have started charging a lot more since pet insurance. So it's a must have. I was once charged 700 dollars to keep my dog overnight. He was just sitting in a cage.

Hi Patrick,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and I am pleased that we can provide you cover that is suitable to your needs.

ReeseSydney, NSW

Real Pet Insurance allowed us to give our Big Boy the best care possible!

Taylor

TaylorMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Service you can rely upon!

During a stressful time you shouldn’t have to worry about vet bills, and with Real Pet Insurance, you don’t! Sorted quickly and easily with no stress or hassle, and 75% of the costs were covered. Thank you Real Pet Insurance!

Excellent Experience

Our beautiful boy Rumble was laid to rest over the weekend.. he was 7 yrs old..
Over that time we have been with real pet insurance, they have always been professional and stress free when dealing with claims and after his passing they have shown us support... When the time comes for us to get another fur baby we will be choosing Real Pet Insurance Again..

Thankyou To The ‘Real Team For All Your Support Over The Years...

Bronwyn

BronwynSydney, NSW

This is my second policy with Real Pet Insurance. It is expensive but the $12,000 limit with two kittens is worth it. On my old policy I nearly reached the $12000 limit for my burmese cat and as it wasn't a pre-existing condition, no claim was denied. Was amazing.

Hi Bronwyn,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that we can provide you with suitable cover for your two kittens and that we were able to assist with your previous claims.

tania feveyear

tania feveyearReedy Creek

No excess on claim and competitive rates

Exceptional value for money . New to real insurance but would recommend to anyone because of the competitive rates and zero excess on claiming. Its also very easy to set up online .

Ingrid

IngridCanberra 2600, ACT

Applying for Pet policy online, you should be able to assess if Private health insurance will provide a policy discount.

I took out a pet policy online during COVID19 crisis. Will Real now assess if my Private Health insurance can access a discount on my pet insurance and apply it?

Hi Ingrid,
Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry that you were unable to reach us and I have sent you a private message to obtain further information, to assist with looking into this for you.

Hi Ingrid,
Thank you for the opportunity to look into this for you. I understand that our team have been in contact to assist with your query.

plumbossPerth, WA

Easy Claim Pet Insurance

Hi Plumboss,
I'm really to sorry to hear of your loss and humbled that we have been able to assist in difficult times. We really appreciate you sharing your experience with us and wish you and your family all the best.
Alisa

Got Real and it’s real easy

Was easy to apply for and the Real team as so helpful.
I have recommended Real to family and friends and work colleagues.
I haven’t claimed anything as I have just registered.

Hi Bronwyn,
It's wonderful to hear our helpful team member was able to set your policy up with ease and that you're happy with your cover. Thank you for taking the time to share your recommendations, we really appreciate it.
Alisa

Alana

AlanaPerth, WA

Better value than my current insurer

Good value. Easy to set up. Fast, efficient, friendly, polite, helpful customer service. I just joined Real Inside today. Better than current insurer. Amount paid is more than current insurer.

Denise

DeniseCentral Queensland, QLD

My dogs have been insured with Real for 8 years . Excellent service over this time

my only complaint is recently it has taken months to get my refund back, Maybe the vet is slow to submit them, A claim from October was paid in February

Hi Denise,
Thank you for providing us with your details. I understand that one of our team has reached out to discuss your concerns and will be looking into the feedback you have provided.

Kathleen

KathleenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fantastic Service!

Great value for money! We lodged a claim and it was so easy to claim and fast return for payments, overall a fantastic service and I'm so glad that we have real insurance

Hi Kathleen,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear of the ease in which you were able to submit your claim and that we could efficiently finalise this for you.

Kevasked

Real Pet Insurance

No pet insurance has great reviews but yours is the worst . Are you happy about this ? What are you doing to win back the customers you have lost due to your unreal actions . Are you incompertant or just uncareing ? Why and how are you still in business selling this useless insurance policy?
I pray you go down very soon and stop the Hurt and heart ache you cause the most needy in society

Benedict G.Real Insurance

Hi there, we have responded to your original post and have asked for you to provide us with your policy and contact number so we can contact you to assist you with your claim.

Kev

Once again this just shows how disconnected you are with your customer base . This is NOT an answer to my question . I have supplied you with the details you are asking for but it didnt help me or my Pet . I no longer have a policy with you and will NEVER again . You have allready KILLED my beloved pet . I am asking this to help others make an informed decision and your uncareing responce should be enough for most ?

Helen

Helenasked

Real Pet Insurance

please send me your email as I need to email a clients history to you.

Greenstone F.Real Insurance

Hi Helen, thanks for your enquiry. Please email real@petsure.com.au, thank you.

Gaz

Gazasked

Real Pet Insurance

Can a supervisor contact me,if you can?

Customer RelationsReal Insurance

Hi, Can you please private message me your policy details here: www.facebook.com/RSPCAPetInsurance and I can arrange for a Service Manager to contact you. Thank you

Get an answer from our members and Real Insurance representatives