Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If you're a pet owner, you probably agree there’s nothing worse than your dog or cat getting sick or hurt. But what happens when vet bills are sky high? Pet insurance can grant you peace of mind, helping your pet get the treatment they deserve, without sending you broke.

Read now

3.6

VirginiaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Highly recommended - easy to use and friendly service

I have just signed up for my fourth doggie insurance policy with Real Pet Insurance. Experience has demonstrated that the insurance is worth every cent in premiums to provide adequate care for my dogs often at short notice when the unexpected happens. Real Pet Insurance are very friendly and easy to deal with. They answer all of my questions clearly and the online claim facility is so easy to use. I am very happy with this service, and recommend it to people who are looking to insure their pets.

Virginia

Going with RPI was the biggest mistake I ever made for my pet care!

Policy is of next to no value. Discussions leading up to me taking out the policy with RPI were total nonsense! They've not covered what I needed & what I was supposed to be covered for and I pay well in excess of $100 per month for one pet. Pet insurance (with this provider anyway) is totally not worth it - total scam!

Hi Natasha,
I am sorry to hear about your experience. We would appreciate the opportunity to look into the service that you have received. I have sent you a private message to obtain further information.
Jessica

Kimberley W.

Kimberley W.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Always a terrible service

Terrible communications between people I speak to, messed around so many times. If my dog was younger I’d change insurers but they started stuffing me around with claims 3 years ago when he was already getting too old to change. After being with them and paying a hefty premium for 7 years!

ChristineSydney Surrounds, NSW

I am very impressed with Real Pet Insurance very helpful and accommodating. Would recommend your organisation to anyone.

I lodged a claim for my dog Billy and real pet Insurance responded promptly. I have been with real pet insurance for the past 8 years and have never had a complaint. Staff have always been very helpful and polite. I love your organisation.

Christine

Thank you as I said how impressed I have been with your staff and their concern when dealing with them. Well Done.

emma6910

emma6910SYDNEY

Terrible company, complete rip off.

I paid this company $90/month to insure my dog for about two years. During that time she had various minor incidents, as dogs do. They rejected all my claims but one very small claim for a eye ulcer. I realised that I am getting nothing from them at all. So I contacted them to try and cancel and they told me I am obligated to pay them till the end of the claim period. So because they gave me like $200 in a 2 year period (during which time I have paid them like $2000) I now have to pay them another $300 for the privilege of being allowed to cancel. I wonder how things like this can be legal.

Easy and straightforward

Called to add my puppy to my pre existing plan, everything was explained well, information given well. Have been with Real insurance for years, always great with claims, never had an issue at all.

Hi Caroline,
I’m glad to hear this was such a simple and informative experience for you and I appreciate you taking the time to share this with us.
Alisa

Paulrussel

PaulrusselPeel, WA

it makes pt ownership a bit easier

each time my cats have had injuries the claims have been successfuly repaid in a reasonable time frame. Our oldest cat Mc cavity is now 10 years old an d we have had im covered from a kitten

Hi Paulrussel,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review, we really appreciate it. We are pleased to hear that we have been able to assist with your claim and provide you with peace of mind, knowing your cat is covered.
Alisa

Jill

JillGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent Service & staff.

I have been with Real Insurance for over 6 years now. I have never had an issue with payments. Always fast to respond. Staff are so obliging. I have a Toy poodle & German Shepard. Fantastic Support.

great

I didn,t at first but I do now. I Have claimed twice and both times did the claim not take long.I have been with you for about 8 years now.

Hi Edith,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that we have been able to assist with your claims and assist in providing support for your pet, when needed.
Jessica

Andrea

AndreaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Sad time, compassionate and caring service

We recently lost our beautiful little furbaby after he was attacked by another dog who escaped his muzzle. 2 surgeries and we had to make the decision to put our boy to sleep. Our vet hospital put the claim into Real on our behalf. Within a very short period of time we were reimbursed 80% of all our costs, no questions, no fuss. I did have a couple of conversations with Real at which time they were compassionate and caring. Can't recommend them highly enough. We adopted Russo at 9 and insured his straight away but due to age he could only have limited cover.

Adam M.

Adam M.Sydney, NSW

Garbage, doing everything possible to avoid claims! avoid!

Horrible first experience with a pet insurance company.
detailing false information regarding a claim, advising a condition was pre existing when it clearly wasn't, won't respond to emails and now they will take 10-15 days to get back to be involving a review, ONLY, only after I pushed back many times, what an absolute joke.
REAL will be paying my claim, I will be pushing with the ombudsman and further, so they better get back to me asap, will never go back.

Susan Webster

Susan WebsterSydney, NSW

Fantastic cover for my fur baby

So easy making a claim, my vet sends the claim through on line for me, only takes a few days to get payment into my account, would not be with out pet insurance for my dog, you just don't know what can happen,

2 dogs always perfect service

the policy is great for us. 5 to 6 days for the claim to be resolved.we have been with real insurance with 2 dogs for over 6 or 7 years. 1 of our dogs had extensive procedures done at the animal Hospital and died of cancer 4 days after the first visit cost well over $3600 they paid us 75% of this with in 24 hrs .

Hira
Hira

Fantastic Cover!

Claims process was simple and initiated by our vet. Process was handled efficiently by Real Pet Insurance and process banked in terms of arrangements! I was pleasantly surprised by the experience!

Anna

AnnaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible experience. Had to lodge a complaint with the ombudsman due to non payment

The claim was lodged early December and have had to go through stress to even get a response. So disgusting ! Customer service were rude and I received 7 different responses to my request. Poor customer service

Libby

LibbySouth East Queensland, QLD

Very happy

We are very happy with the policy, our vet puts in the claim for us and we get our refund back very quickly!! We have been with Real pet insurance for a few years now and will continue with this policy.....

Hi Libby,
What a wonderful review. I am delighted to hear the ease in which you find it to claim through your vet, and thrilled you receive your payment quickly. Thank you for your support and for sharing your experience.
Sharon

Patricia

PatriciaNorth Queensland, QLD

Great. It helps us make a good choice for our loved one, Reebok.

I believe the cover was good value. As Reebok gets older she needs more medication. We have been with Real for 10 years and are now seeing the real value of having pet insurance. Reebok has just turned 14.

Kerry

KerryPerth, WA

Would not be without Pet Insurance now. Real has been so helpful and understanding with my dog. Thank you.

Have an Epileptic Dog and they have been amazing, in enabling me to have MRI and ongoing medication. I am able to simply ask my vet to send the receipt through without filling out forms.

broadybob

broadybobGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Gratitude of Claims Service

Brilliant online claims service. It is so simple to Lodge and then to receive payment within a few days was sensational. I am an ex insurance employee. Great service indeed .

magpy

magpyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Customer Service

Today I spoke to Rafael with regard to a claim I had submitted. Not only did she take the time to check my claim but she also rang me back to advise me she had expedited my claim and it was in the final stages of being settled. To me this was going over and beyond any service I could have expected and I would recommend this customer service officer to everyone.

Kevasked

Real Pet Insurance

No pet insurance has great reviews but yours is the worst . Are you happy about this ? What are you doing to win back the customers you have lost due to your unreal actions . Are you incompertant or just uncareing ? Why and how are you still in business selling this useless insurance policy?
I pray you go down very soon and stop the Hurt and heart ache you cause the most needy in society

Benedict G.Real Insurance

Hi there, we have responded to your original post and have asked for you to provide us with your policy and contact number so we can contact you to assist you with your claim.

Kev

Once again this just shows how disconnected you are with your customer base . This is NOT an answer to my question . I have supplied you with the details you are asking for but it didnt help me or my Pet . I no longer have a policy with you and will NEVER again . You have allready KILLED my beloved pet . I am asking this to help others make an informed decision and your uncareing responce should be enough for most ?

Helen

Helenasked

Real Pet Insurance

please send me your email as I need to email a clients history to you.

Greenstone F.Real Insurance

Hi Helen, thanks for your enquiry. Please email real@petsure.com.au, thank you.

Gaz

Gazasked

Real Pet Insurance

Can a supervisor contact me,if you can?

Customer RelationsReal Insurance

Hi, Can you please private message me your policy details here: www.facebook.com/RSPCAPetInsurance and I can arrange for a Service Manager to contact you. Thank you

Get an answer from our members and Real Insurance representatives