Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If your dog or cat becomes sick, pet insurance can help get the treatment they deserve. For a better idea of how pet insurance works, continue reading so you can make an informed choice.

Read now

• Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks (1), 2-4 weeks (2) and 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (4) · No (0)
Patrick

PatrickSouth East Queensland, QLD

Vets are expensive

In my opinion vets have started charging a lot more since pet insurance. So it's a must have. I was once charged 700 dollars to keep my dog overnight. He was just sitting in a cage.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat

Hi Patrick,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and I am pleased that we can provide you cover that is suitable to your needs.

Ingrid

IngridCanberra 2600, ACT

Applying for Pet policy online, you should be able to assess if Private health insurance will provide a policy discount.

I took out a pet policy online during COVID19 crisis. Will Real now assess if my Private Health insurance can access a discount on my pet insurance and apply it?

Hi Ingrid,
Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry that you were unable to reach us and I have sent you a private message to obtain further information, to assist with looking into this for you.

Hi Ingrid,
Thank you for the opportunity to look into this for you. I understand that our team have been in contact to assist with your query.

Hugo

Hugo

Difficult on line process.

Clunky claim process.
Should have a process similar to Hicaps as for private medical insurance.
All else was also cumbersome.Have been a member for 3 years.
Don’t want to say any more now

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019

Hi Hugo,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, we really appreciate it. We are always looking for ways to improve the services that we provide to our customers and your feedback will assist with this.

Pet Insurance

Find out how Real Pet Insurance compares to other Pet Insurance

DeborahSydney, NSW

Disappointing

Been with real for 11 years. Had to chase this claim three times. Very upsetting considering I had to have my little cat euthanised. Made a very sad time more difficult.

Number of Pets2 pets
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJuly 2019

ExcellentThe Mallee, VIC

Think you should cover more for pulling out animals teeth.

I was sending it to you by email. Now my My Vet sends it to you .it makes it easy when the vet sends it to you.would be better if the coverd animals teeth more sometimes animals has 2 or 3 teeth out

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateAugust 2019

Hi Excellent,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are always looking for ways to improve the service we provide to our customers and your feedback will assist with this.
Sharon

Katy M.

Katy M.

Great insurance but online claims could be improved

Overall great insurance but I find it frustrating that they introduced online claims but if they require additional information they revert back to paper communication and this defeats the purpose. My vet only provides a receipt after the visit and real always write back asking for full medical history. This delays the whole claim process. Other than that I have been with real pet insurance for 8 years and have never had a claim refused and like the fact that you get a % back rather than paying an excess.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateMay 2019
ChristineL

ChristineLPerth, WA

Disappointed with the call centre knowledge

Surprised that when I called in to enquire my Real Reward, the call centre officer wasn't very clear on the annual rewards policy. She claimed that I am not eligible despite I have completed my 1st year with Real Pet Insurance. Fortunately, [name removed] from the customer service helped me to resolved the issue.

Gman

Not a great experience when its time to claim

After paying $5000 in premiums they refused to pay a claim I was told would be fine over the phone. They make it difficult and everyone you speak to tells you something different until you give up! A REAL waste of money and time should be their slogan. Save yourself the heartache and put away your own nest egg or use someone else who will look after you. Insurance should take away the burden not create one! A REAL shame I wasted so many years and so much money to be shown zero loyalty from this company.

Kevasked

Real Pet Insurance

No pet insurance has great reviews but yours is the worst . Are you happy about this ? What are you doing to win back the customers you have lost due to your unreal actions . Are you incompertant or just uncareing ? Why and how are you still in business selling this useless insurance policy?
I pray you go down very soon and stop the Hurt and heart ache you cause the most needy in society

Benedict G.Real Insurance

Hi there, we have responded to your original post and have asked for you to provide us with your policy and contact number so we can contact you to assist you with your claim.

Kev

Once again this just shows how disconnected you are with your customer base . This is NOT an answer to my question . I have supplied you with the details you are asking for but it didnt help me or my Pet . I no longer have a policy with you and will NEVER again . You have allready KILLED my beloved pet . I am asking this to help others make an informed decision and your uncareing responce should be enough for most ?

Helen

Helenasked

Real Pet Insurance

please send me your email as I need to email a clients history to you.

Greenstone F.Real Insurance

Hi Helen, thanks for your enquiry. Please email real@petsure.com.au, thank you.

Gaz

Gazasked

Real Pet Insurance

Can a supervisor contact me,if you can?

Customer RelationsReal Insurance

Hi, Can you please private message me your policy details here: www.facebook.com/RSPCAPetInsurance and I can arrange for a Service Manager to contact you. Thank you

Get an answer from our members and Real Insurance representatives

Accidental Injury CoverIncludedIncludedIncluded
Illness CoverIncludedIncludedIncluded
Routine Care CoverOptional ExtraNot IncludedNot Included
Tick Paralysis$1,200$1,000Included
Emergency Boarding Fees$1,000 (you must the the sole carer and hospitalised for over 5 days in a row)$1,000 (you must the the sole carer and hospitalised for over 5 days in a row)$500
Lifetime Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded
Cooling Off Period30 Days30 Days30 Days
Consultation Fees$300$300$300
Cruciate Ligament Conditions$2,600$2,600Included
Waiting Period for Illness 30 Days30 Days30 Days
Condition Limit$2,000 per condition (Classic Accident & Illness Cover only)
Compare all 3 Real Pet Insurance