1.4

Fraud, dodgy business!

YYC

YYCkingsford

Insurance for additional selling with very long waiting.

I've got a battery flat problem and called assistance. I called, and I was told it would take an around hour(?, not exactly remember), but it takes around 3 hours even though I live in the Sydney Kingsford.
    When arrived, they addressed the problem very nice.
    However, even though car is starting already, assistance recommended to change the battery.
    With saying "as an expert", I felt it is compulsory. I was very hard to be patient on that problem.
    Finally, the problem was not the battery, but the generator. So if I changed battery, I would pay what I did not have to.

Dan S.Real Roadside Assistance

I would also advise you contact your roadside provider and dispute it before jumping on a forum used for ranting and complaints

Bad Company And Service

This company is the worst ever. They left me and my child stranded. They did not answer when needed. I had to pay someone else to tow me. Tried several times to ring. When complained to Fair Trading Real i got a phone call from Real Roadside who said they would refund me my money. They never did. They also rang Fair Trading who were dealing with my complaint and abused them over the phone.

Roadside Assistance Providers

Find out how Real Roadside Assistance compares to other Roadside Assistance Providers

Long

LongGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good example of a dodgy business

Not sure why they are still around.
    Got millions of complaints under the name of Real Roadside Assistance.
    Quietly changed to "Stranded No More" without a single notice to customers, no email, no phone calls, no SMS at all. Wish they could inform me about the change just as fast as they remind me to renew my cover 2 months ago.

My car broke down couple hours before. Tried to ring both numbers they provide in the welcome email, only to realised they have been disconnected. Stranded, frustrated and annoyed. Paid for the tow myself.

Not sure what to write more. But a good lesson for consumers. Stick with good brands.

Vinnie

VinnieGeelong

Just Plain Fraud - No service, left stranded for hours!!

Dan S.Real Roadside Assistance

Vinnie, that does not seem right. can you please email admin@realroadside.com.au and I will have someone call you to fix this issue

harry_nguyenSydney Surrounds, NSW

Scammer

Got my money and no service. No contact available from them. Will report to the DFT NSW. How to get money back from them.

Dan S.Real Roadside Assistance

Harry please email admin@realroadside.com.au and we'll get someone to call you

Faisal Fareed

Faisal FareedMelbourne

Terrible and fraud

I will give -ve start if there is any for feedback.

Worst Road Side Assistance company. I have been calling them since last three days with no response to my calls and not responding to my emails too. My car's battery was flat out and I was in real need, this is why I and everyone have road side assistance and pay these companies so they come and respond to our calls.

Now I called RACV paid extra money to replace my car's battery.

They also have deducted $69 twice from my account where the annual fee is only $69. I have also been calling them since last 10 days to return my money but every time there is an auto voice message to email.

Hersh

HershMelbourne

Massive disclaimer

Manny

If I can give a negative star I would!!! Recommend to report to fair trading.

Hannah

HannahGreenacre

No assistance when needed

Rung for assistance this afternoon while car breakdown on the road, no one answer the call but ask to leave the message, left message but no one ring back for 2.5 hours now. One off life time experience, won't renew the service again. Thinking to pay for the peace of mind but once things happen, never be able to use the service then it is such of waste money only.

Jack S.

Jack S.Rochester

Complete lack of service

Matt

MattStroud, NSW

No Assistance - Unable To Contact

Tried for more than 1 hour on 15/05/17 to contact them for roadside assistance. Continually given recorded messages that staff were busy with other customers and to leave a message. No return call, no roadside assistance, no customer service!!
    My advice - stay well clear of Real Roadside Assist - they aren't real and they don't assist!!!

Mike

MikeQueensland, 4067

Is there worse than it?

On Saturday 29/04/2017, I called them ten times to request for a help for my car to jump start. After more than one hour (unanswered) tried to chat with someone on their website. I was told that first you must wait more cuz e are busy! and second whereas you are at home, our service will charge you! If you needed the help while you are more than 10 km further away from your home, then the service would be free! Its against the logical terms and also there is no written clause in this regard. I'm not happy at all with this company that I don't know whether exists really or just a name!!?? Because when I said that wanna cancel the membership, I was told "Ok we cancel it!!"

Still waiting for help.

We have been trying to contact this roadside assistance company for 2hr No customer service what so ever. Their phone numbers ring out or ask to leave a message and they don't call back. car is broken down and we need a tow. What a waste of money! Do not sign up with this company!!

jen

Update: still waiting nearly 3 weeks have past. Tried every number listed. Have lodged a formal complaint with Fair Traiding. I want every cent back from this so called company and they need to be shut down before more people fall in to their trap.

jen

Finally received a call after 3 weeks. Sales guy was extremely defensive and shifting blame, but in the end said he'd refund my membership. Waiting 3 weeks for roadside assistance is just laughable. Still waiting for the money to be refunded.

jen

Update: 2 weeks later, still no refund as was promised.

Tim

TimSydney

Not even able to call you

So....i needed a jump start. Called the number on the card provided. The automated voice stated.
    "The person you have called is not available. Account balance low. Called the mumber on the website, same message. Which makes no sense. I dont like leaving negitive reviews. However this was a strange experiance. Ive called the number 20 times over the last 3 hours, still the same outcome. I have recorded the calls if there is a dispute over the matter.

Shane

ShaneSydney

Verbally misleading plus failure to give roadside assistance when it was needed! Case concluded

Prak

PrakGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Would not recommend them in an emergency

I called Roadside at 12:50 on Saturday 29th 2017. No one answered and I left a message. I also emailed them as suggested on their answer machine. I called a further 7 times. I finally received an email at 2:34. It turns out that because I was at home I would not get assistance. That is fine because I should have chosen another plan. My worry is that if my wife or daughter broke down then a response of over an hour and half would not be satisfactory. Being so disappointed I asked for a refund on the unused portion. This was the response by email 'We do not do refunds, and we've not done anything wrong. If you want to leave feedback that's fine. But if it's misleading you will be sued'. I had to reply with 'Haha. Brilliant. Thanks'.

Sinatra

SinatraBallarat

Called 7 times - 2 Voice mails - 4 Emails - NO RESPONSE!

Karen W

Karen W

I have never been treated so badly by a business in my life.

Harpreet

HarpreetSydney, NSW

An Average affair

Car tyre flat . I called them and they said the are finding someone nearby and will get back to you . No call back for next 20min . Again rang them , they still havnt found anyone to fix it up. After more than 1:30 hr , they turned up .took just 10min to replace my car. Luckily I was at my home(Blacktown) otherwise would have struggled more.