Verifiedreckon.com
3.5

366 reviews · Statistics

62% · 228129 · 35%
See the Best Services in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Reset
Web D.
Web D.QLDCentral Queensland, QLD

Dealing with difference- the train to success

I have dealt with Indian Overseas Call centres connected to Reckon. Cultural difference emerges very quickly. More training needs to be given for the staff to support female callers. I have found it is a lucky dip when I deal with males from India. There is a tendency to dismiss me or to minimize my request for support.
Today I was given amazing support from an Indian national. Its too much of a lucky dip for me
Training in this area needs to targeted to manage the gender issues.
hazel
hazelVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Having a problem

I have been using quicken for 0ver 20 years to manage my finances including 3 share portfolios. Unfortunately recently I discovered some unexplained errors in the listing of some of the share holdings. I have not been able to rectify this and also not get any help or advice so reluctantly I am having to research switching to another accounting package.
David M.
David M.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Bugs Bugs Bugs!

I have used this software since 2007. Personally I believe the software can be great,

however

in the past 2 yrs it has gone to the wall.

Its full of little frustrating bugs that cause your staff to continuously contact either the director or Reckons help desk causing a lot of down time from everyday business.

Reckon call to assist to fix the bugs only to find the bug returns the next day session.

Michael J
Michael JNSWSydney, NSW7 posts

Fred
FredNSWHunter Region, NSW3 posts

Great but too slow

Printing invoices etc was way too slow. Emailing statements also very slow and never knew if e-mail had been sent.
Reckon   DM
Peeved
PeevedVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts

Product Sold Renewed online then not supported

Have (had ) Reckon Personal Plus 21 Renewed subscription as requested but as I use it at home had not tried to open it for some months . Now find that I cannot open it and it is not supported . Reckon website is hopeless Just go around in circles Cannot email anyone Too many products Phone help told me to ring the help line!!!
Disgruntled User
Disgruntled User

I am stuck with a poor product called Reckon

There are better products out there but I am stuck with Reckon because there is no way to export MY years data in a format that can be imported into those products. I am trapped.
astaria g
astaria gVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC23 posts

Very clunky

Australian user.

Every employee in Australia is entitled to super. Its a relatively straight forward concept - once you earn over X $ in a month you get super paid. For some ungodly reason, you have to tell Reckon that for every employee you want to pay super. Like its optional. I missed one employee and now I have to undo all the pay runs and re-create them.

Very clunky and not at all intuitive. Honestly id be better doing this on excel but have to have STP to meet government obligations.

Margaret Donoghue
Margaret DonoghueVICWestern District, VIC

Really sorry I subscribed - cheap and nasty

Beware! I chose Reckon One because it appeared to offer what I needed for my small business and to some extent it does. But it's clunky and the user guides are of little assistance, so I spend a lot of time find out what it won't do, rather than actually getting things done. I suspect I would have been better off going to a more expensive system such Xero or Quickbooks.
JW
JWNSWSydney, NSW18 posts

PRICE HIKE VERY DISSAPOINTING

I have been using Reckon (previously Quicken) for my SMSF for the past 20 plus years and always renewed for a 2 year price which was acceptable for share downloads and reports. I now find I can only renew for 1 year and the price as escalated substantially. I am not happy and with this at all and reading the other reviews seems I'm not alone. Shame on you Reckon for the poor service offered.
G. Matheson
G. MathesonTraralgon11 posts

Great if you don't need support

Reckon personal 2020 is a great product IF it works ok. If it doesn't, you're on your own. Program crashes and phone support is totally unhelpful. Must be better around
John K
John KQueensland8 posts

Team G.
Team G.QLDNorth Queensland, QLD2 posts

Easy program, terrible service, slow program

As a small business, they never answer my emails for on going issues, issues have been ongoing for two years. Program is extremely slow to reload each entry. Tax settings calculate incorrect on Australian employees even after trouble shooting with an online help and accountant attempted to fix the problem. Cheap & easy to use, but other than that not much point. If you have a small business bigger than 3-4 employees, value you time or know basic accounting, don't go for this program. Have been told Xero is much better and still not as hard to use as other programs, but a bit more expensive.
CamNSWSydney, NSW3 posts

No Support

We started with Reckon due to STP, things weren't working as per their webinar's videos.

Called support, to be kicked around between departments then after over 70 minutes the line cut out.

The next time someone actually answered my call in 76 minutes, then he took my details asking me to hold while he's checking my issue, but again they just hang up.

Try and look for another provider, they're just hopeless, we highly don't recommend them.

Peter E
Peter ENSWSydney, NSW3 posts

Reckon Accounts Personal Plus: Abandon hope all ye who enter here

This once quite useful software package served me well over the years for my personal finances. However it has slowly morphed into something less friendly with more restrictive licencing, deteriorating performance, elimination of data export functions and largely DIY customer support. I committed a lot of data to this product. It is trapped there and I don't like it. Be careful.

Extra Information