Redback Boots

Listing monitored by Redback Boots

Ray
Ray

These boots are rubbish

These boots are rubbish. See the pics below. This was after three days wear in a paddock. You cannot rely on them at all.

Joel
JoelPilbara, WA

Redback Alpine (UACH) - Comfy bush boot

Sizing Slightly large
Grace
GraceSouth East Queensland, QLD

Comfortable but Wear out quickly

I’ve had two pairs of redback boots, one steel cap and one without. Both are comfortable and easy to wear all day although I did find the steel cap rubbed a a bit. They look nice and begin a bit “tight” but soften the more you wear them as is to be expected. The biggest flaw I found is that they wear out too quickly. Within 2 months of wearing them 5 days a week the stitching had pulled apart from taking them on and off. I would recommend these boots to anyone looking for a nice comfortable pair of boots however would not recommend these to anyone requiring them for their day to day work such as construction.

Tom L.
Tom L.Mid North Coast, NSW

Worst boot sole ever

Soles on my Redback boots disintegrate within minutes of each other. The uppers were still in good condition. Thought it may be a one-off situation until while looking for replacements I came across product reviews showing it to be more the rule than the exception. At the time of my writing there were 60 reviews over the past 5 years (31 one star and 19 five stars). The majority of the one star were indicating the same problem of disintegrating soles. My next thought was "is this a recent problem?" The 2nd oldest review (5 years old) indicated the problem is known, long term and ongoing. Numerous complaints seemingly ignored without being addressed. Not good enough! Now back to Blundstones.

Shaz
Shaz

Redback. Shame on you

I had a pair of redback boots and I wore them for doing the lawns and a bit of hiking. The soles just fell apart. Disintegrated. I complained to the company and they said the boots would last between 5-8 yrs. I’m never buying this product again. So disappointed. I have cheaper boots that I’ve had for 10 yrs and they are still going strong. Redback = Rubbish

Sizing True to size

Won’t last if you don’t wear them

Carly
CarlyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Most comfortable work boot I've had however...

Purchased these work boots, the most comfortable I've ever worn... However, I wear them for an hour in the morning max and to mow the lawn. These didn't even last one winter before a little hole appeared in the sole (picture of said hole now 7 months after).

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement my extremely uncomfortable Kmart ones that I paid $34 lasted forever, these didn't even last a year and not even being worn for a long period of time.

Bad product

Hi got my redback 5 years dont wear them often just for town, and now soles disintegrated, my hitec vlites 12 years old and use more , much better product

Product Appearance Not as advertised
Xy guy
Xy guyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Redback Quality has Nose Dived

Can't believe how Redback boots quality has dropped in recent times. Mine has stitching that disintegrates after just several months use. They are literally falling apart. One I have stitched back using some braid fishing line which is working well. The other is now following suit and ill have to braid that one too.
You can see by the soles in the picture that they are not old worn out boots, which beings me to another issue. The coating on the actual leather wears off in no time making them look years old when they aren't.

JohnG
JohnGVictoria

No caveat was supplied with the boots

I've had the boots for at least 12 years, with the last 10 of those seeing the boots safely stored away. I put them on recently and went for a bit of a walk. The heels both disintegrated within a few hundred metres. I've just done a web search for the issue and came across the Redback FAQ, where they describe the problem, what causes it and how to prevent it. Essentially, you need to keep using them. My guess is that anyone having "new" boots fall apart probably purchased very old stock from a dodgy seller.

Anyway, my key point is that the pair I had came with no warning about this issue, so I fully blame the manufacturer for failure to disclose a very serious problem with their boots.

No_BS_Please
No_BS_PleaseTasmania

Is Redback dead?

Disappointed!

I'm very disappointed. My relatively new Everest boots fit so well and the top is in very good condition, but the soles have just disintegrated. Seems a waste of good leather to throw them away, but that's what I will have to do now,

Find out how Redback Boots compares to other Footwear Shops & Brands

Most comfortable boot I’ve ever worn.

I love these boots so much I went back and bought a second pair. One for work and one for everyday wear. They are a well made boot and super comfortable and supportive.

Sizing Slightly large
Andrew M
Andrew MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Another pair of Redback boots falling apart!

Trevor W
Trevor WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Buying my third pair

I am just about to purchase my third pair of Everest lace up boots
These boots are so comfortable that I wear them at least 4 days a week.
My first pair lasted 5 years and have done 1000’s of km including many multi day bush walks.
Being size 12 they are a bit on the heavy side but are reliable and comfortable
These boots are not cheap but when compared to similar imported boots they are a bargain

Jeff C.
Jeff C.asked

I have a pair of not so old redback boots and the heal on the left boot has disintegrated ,the boot are like new .In ever had this problem before .

Andrew M
Andrew Masked

Hi Redback,
I tried contacting you from your website's contact page about 4 weeks ago without getting a response, and then wrote a review here on productreview.com.au about 2 weeks ago, see above. I would appreciate some acknowledgement of the problem, perhaps with an explanation. Is prolonged storage in dark places the problem? How about including an instruction with the boots on how to use them to minimize this problem?
Andrew M.

Helen
Helen

Hi Andrew, I kept my boots stored under the bed in the dark. I did buy another pair because they are a great fit for my wide feet, relatively good value for money and am wearing them daily for my long walks in Covid times. They are great support walking on the beach. So far no problems so as they say on this forum frequent use is the key.

Matty1981
Matty1981asked

Hi Redback. Has the disintegrating sole issue been resolved?

Georgia
Georgia

I never had that problem with the sole despite it being used in water areas. My pair are 2015,

Serge
Serge

I have a detailed post here that explain why they fall apart and can I clear that many boots are made the same not just Redback, look at Blundstone for example.
So basically you can prevent it very easily: wear them, don’t store in dark places for ages, this is going to be my 5th pair I love them and the 4th pair did fall apart because I hardly wore them being sick for many months.
You can buy other boots with different sole, they will be hard and Tuff and more suitable for worksite. Redback sole are beautiful and soft, it is the only shoe/boot I wear. Once worn out I just go and get another pair. Take care Matty.

Get an answer from our members and Redback Boots representatives