Redback Boots

3.0

garage c.
garage c.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

My boots are great

I have been buying redback boots (crazy horse) for about 20 years, and wear them pretty much every day doing everything except for weddings and funerals. I get two years out of a pair, and have never had bad experience. I wonder if the disintegrating soles issue is a feature of old stock - I have seen this happen with other PU soled shoes, but it took 15 years. Pity that Redback is silent on this - not a good look for a local supplier.

Ray
Ray

These boots are rubbish

These boots are rubbish. See the pics below. This was after three days wear in a paddock. You cannot rely on them at all.

CrankyTank
CrankyTankTasmania

3 Pairs and they've all fell to bits.

Joel
JoelPilbara, WA

Redback Alpine (UACH) - Comfy bush boot

Sizing Slightly large

Grace
GraceSouth East Queensland, QLD

Comfortable but Wear out quickly

I’ve had two pairs of redback boots, one steel cap and one without. Both are comfortable and easy to wear all day although I did find the steel cap rubbed a a bit. They look nice and begin a bit “tight” but soften the more you wear them as is to be expected. The biggest flaw I found is that they wear out too quickly. Within 2 months of wearing them 5 days a week the stitching had pulled apart from taking them on and off. I would recommend these boots to anyone looking for a nice comfortable pair of boots however would not recommend these to anyone requiring them for their day to day work such as construction.

Product Appearance As advertised

Won’t last if you don’t wear them

Carly
CarlyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Most comfortable work boot I've had however...

Purchased these work boots, the most comfortable I've ever worn... However, I wear them for an hour in the morning max and to mow the lawn. These didn't even last one winter before a little hole appeared in the sole (picture of said hole now 7 months after).

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement my extremely uncomfortable Kmart ones that I paid $34 lasted forever, these didn't even last a year and not even being worn for a long period of time.

uqcodonn
uqcodonnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great boots that last

My pair have been very comfortable and I use them in an environement (agrochemicals) that has seen other brands (T-Boots, Blundstone, Rossi) only last 12 months. Had these for 3+ years and they show look nearly as good as the day I bought them. I bought mine from a reputable agricultural supplies retailer - and I'll be going back for new ones when this pair eventually wears out.

No_BS_Please
No_BS_PleaseTasmania

Is Redback dead?

Disappointed!

I'm very disappointed. My relatively new Everest boots fit so well and the top is in very good condition, but the soles have just disintegrated. Seems a waste of good leather to throw them away, but that's what I will have to do now,

Product Appearance As advertised

Most comfortable boot I’ve ever worn.

I love these boots so much I went back and bought a second pair. One for work and one for everyday wear. They are a well made boot and super comfortable and supportive.

Sizing Slightly large
Andrew M
Andrew MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Another pair of Redback boots falling apart!

Matty1981
Matty1981Mid North Coast, NSW

Redback Everest Hiking Boot

Mark W.
Mark W.Hunter Region, NSW

Comfortable and stopped foot pain

Mike S.
Mike S.Northern Region, NSW

Do not leave in storage wear every day

You must wear these boots every day, I have for the past 4 years and the soles are fine. I did 25 years in the military, believe me this review is accurate. You have to actually use these boots regularly. Storage kills them.

Jeff C.
Jeff C.asked

I have a pair of not so old redback boots and the heal on the left boot has disintegrated ,the boot are like new .In ever had this problem before .

Andrew M
Andrew Masked

Hi Redback,
I tried contacting you from your website's contact page about 4 weeks ago without getting a response, and then wrote a review here on productreview.com.au about 2 weeks ago, see above. I would appreciate some acknowledgement of the problem, perhaps with an explanation. Is prolonged storage in dark places the problem? How about including an instruction with the boots on how to use them to minimize this problem?
Andrew M.

Helen
Helen

Hi Andrew, I kept my boots stored under the bed in the dark. I did buy another pair because they are a great fit for my wide feet, relatively good value for money and am wearing them daily for my long walks in Covid times. They are great support walking on the beach. So far no problems so as they say on this forum frequent use is the key.

Matty1981
Matty1981asked

Hi Redback. Has the disintegrating sole issue been resolved?

Georgia
Georgia

I never had that problem with the sole despite it being used in water areas. My pair are 2015,

Serge
Serge

I have a detailed post here that explain why they fall apart and can I clear that many boots are made the same not just Redback, look at Blundstone for example.
So basically you can prevent it very easily: wear them, don’t store in dark places for ages, this is going to be my 5th pair I love them and the 4th pair did fall apart because I hardly wore them being sick for many months.
You can buy other boots with different sole, they will be hard and Tuff and more suitable for worksite. Redback sole are beautiful and soft, it is the only shoe/boot I wear. Once worn out I just go and get another pair. Take care Matty.

Get an answer from our members and Redback Boots representatives