Redback Boots

Listing monitored by Redback Boots

garage c.
garage c.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

My boots are great

I have been buying redback boots (crazy horse) for about 20 years, and wear them pretty much every day doing everything except for weddings and funerals. I get two years out of a pair, and have never had bad experience. I wonder if the disintegrating soles issue is a feature of old stock - I have seen this happen with other PU soled shoes, but it took 15 years. Pity that Redback is silent on this - not a good look for a local supplier.

Joel
JoelPilbara, WA

Redback Alpine (UACH) - Comfy bush boot

Disappointed!

I'm very disappointed. My relatively new Everest boots fit so well and the top is in very good condition, but the soles have just disintegrated. Seems a waste of good leather to throw them away, but that's what I will have to do now,

Baxtersin
BaxtersinNorthern Region, NSW

Amazing boots

Footwear Shops & Brands

Find out how Redback Boots compares to other Footwear Shops & Brands

Jeff C.
Jeff C.asked

I have a pair of not so old redback boots and the heal on the left boot has disintegrated ,the boot are like new .In ever had this problem before .

Andrew M
Andrew Masked

Hi Redback,
I tried contacting you from your website's contact page about 4 weeks ago without getting a response, and then wrote a review here on productreview.com.au about 2 weeks ago, see above. I would appreciate some acknowledgement of the problem, perhaps with an explanation. Is prolonged storage in dark places the problem? How about including an instruction with the boots on how to use them to minimize this problem?
Andrew M.

Helen
Helen

Hi Andrew, I kept my boots stored under the bed in the dark. I did buy another pair because they are a great fit for my wide feet, relatively good value for money and am wearing them daily for my long walks in Covid times. They are great support walking on the beach. So far no problems so as they say on this forum frequent use is the key.

Matty1981
Matty1981asked

Hi Redback. Has the disintegrating sole issue been resolved?

Georgia
Georgia

I never had that problem with the sole despite it being used in water areas. My pair are 2015,

Serge
Serge

I have a detailed post here that explain why they fall apart and can I clear that many boots are made the same not just Redback, look at Blundstone for example.
So basically you can prevent it very easily: wear them, don’t store in dark places for ages, this is going to be my 5th pair I love them and the 4th pair did fall apart because I hardly wore them being sick for many months.
You can buy other boots with different sole, they will be hard and Tuff and more suitable for worksite. Redback sole are beautiful and soft, it is the only shoe/boot I wear. Once worn out I just go and get another pair. Take care Matty.

Get an answer from our members and Redback Boots representatives