Noor

NoorGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unprofessional and very rude.

They inspected my car they lied about lights and and signals they have dismantled my whole back seats. They took pictures of the dismantle seats and the battery, this is against their policy to dismantle the car. Monopoly is a disaster there is no other choice because the CPV only accepts Redbook.

Henner

Henner

No inspection scheduled after 3 days

I nearly lost the chance to buy the car I was after. RedBooks never called the seller to schedule the pre-purchase inspection and I ended up booking another provider and cancelling my booking with RedBooks after 3 days.

Fred

FredSouth East Queensland, QLD

Damaged the interior

The inspector damaged the door interior while holding a large I pad with solid hard cover. The tan leather was 2 cm damaged and ripped. I have tried to call and text but had no reply.

mark

markSydney Surrounds, NSW

Questionable mechanical experience

Question the value of these reviews which are from questionable mechanics with limited experience.

The so called "mechanic" looking at the car i was looking to buy had to call somebody else to ask questions obviously had no idea what he was doing. Totally missed a service item on the car which would have added $1000 to me but not even mentioned in the report.

Waste of money

Jimmy
Jimmy

I did contact them again and I was told I shouldn't have relied on the service to be thorough enough.

However your generic response to all negative reviews is an indication of how 'serious' your company handles dissatisfied customers

Very poor service and zero communication

Booked an urgent pre purchase inspection (after 3 days zero communication). After numerous calls finally cancelled the job. Advised it will take a week for a refund. All staff had zero care and zero follow up calls. Just go to NRMA or MTA don't waste time or money.

Kerrie D.

Kerrie D.Sydney, NSW

So disappointed

Had booked an inspection on a 2nd hand car for my Daughter's birthday present only to be left high and dry at the very last minute by these guys. They didn't even bother to call me and let me know they were no longer able to make it, it was the seller of the car who told me. I then called and spoke to the state manager who told me "these things happen"!! I'm now going to have a really disappointed Daughter :( Absolutely useless!!!

Vicky

Vicky

Appalling!

Despite verbally told the car was in very good condition, report was full of contradictions and errors... Typical tick the box report. will be getting a comparative report to identify all the inconsistencies. Very disappointed. Would steer clear ...

Nawaf T.Perth, WA

I’ll save my self next time and fly out in person

Nawaf T.

This is absolutely ridiculous ,it was your
Job to diagnose the issue and inspect as this is what I have paid for not wait for issues to happen and suggest places for a fix.

RubyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

pre-purchase inspection miss easy noticable issue, and they don’t even feel sorry or take any responsibility

Ruby

so any update? still no one contact me? arent you taking all negative comments seriously?

nahas85.gnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Writing false claims on report

A potential buyer sent Redbooks to inspect my vehicle.

The guy inspected the car and said for its age it's in great condition. As I will be supplying a RWC for the potential buyer any issues that arise I will have rectify and keep the buyer in the loop.

My car has never leaked oil in the 5 years i have had it. He spotted some old oil marks on the bottom of the engine and stated on the report " oil leaks possibly unroadworthy" I put my 4 kids in my car and always look after it.

Literally if its pressure washed and cleaned there would be nothing there.

Now potential buyer may not go thru with the purchase of my vehicle.

Good work redbook keep up the great work.

Debbie LSouth East Queensland, QLD

Car has been taken off road by manufacturer after preinspection purchase by Red book.!!!!

Dianne habibPenrth

Do not trust this company

Dianne habib

Yes I would like a call back as I have been waiting 2 weeks for somebody to give me a call regarding this matter

Hi Dianne,
I understand you have been in contact with our management team and have also been in touch with the customer service team leader last week. If you have anything further you'd like to discuss, please feel free to PM us.

cooper

Misleading and not worth the money

Purchased a motor vehicle from a dealer with a redbook inspection .
The Vehicle scored 4 out 5 . Every panel had deep scratches 2 lights were not working had 2 oil leaks . Showed my Real mechanic the supplied photos and found out the scan tool used cost $150 on EBay. Redbook tried to weasel out of all complaints. Don't bother getting inspection done . The worst experience I've ever had, disgusting company

cooper

And the member that contacted was rude and offered me one explanation.
This isn't redbooks issue and not my problem . And hung up on me .
Disgusting service

JimMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very poor service

I rang to enquire about the Redbook but due to the fact the receptionist spoke so fast and quietly I requested that she repeat all the she stated a bit slower and a little louder so that I could comprehend what she had initially said, with that she told me I was rude and abruptly hung up.
If the conversation has been recorded feel free to listen and please inform me of any wrong doing. If that is a personalised service I now understand why so many places go to the computerised systems.
Very poor service from the first point of contact of this company.

Avishek B.

Avishek B.Sydney, NSW

Not worth a penny

Andy4210

Andy4210Melbourne

Inspection on my car

Buyer text me later saying the inspector thinks the jeep has rust when clearly the inner area of fender area was painted black to keep rust away as I cut the fenders for my jeep wrangler. Also inspector thinks jeep has been painted underside when clearly I never touched it. Also inspector thinks their is few leaks doesn't mention what part .I have never seen any oil drops on the floor or even my mechanic mention about any leaks . I lost a sale when the jeep has been maintained with all the services done by logbook. Inspector told we will go for a ride later when I checked outside he took the jeep by himself for a drive without even telling me. What a joke and unprofessional thing to do.

Henry D.South East Queensland, QLD

They have no idea

RedBook I.RedBook Inspect

Hi Henry, we are happy to discuss this further with you. Please send us a direct message with your contact information.
Thank you. The Redbook Inspect team.

Steve Vella

Steve VellaPerth, WA

Rubbish Redbook inspection

Maurizio Z.

Maurizio Z.South East Queensland, QLD

Redbook Southport

Passed the test through another agent but not with Redbook service Southport. The guy look sleepy, unexperienced and not happy to be in that position. Ever again! $60 wasted. Paid $20 more to another place and got my COI. Not with these guys EVER AGAIN.

Sabeeka B.

Sabeeka B.asked

Hi i have bought an imported car. They gave me RWC but doesnt seem to have log book or service history. Can I go to Uber redbook inspection without it ?

Hi Sebeeka,
Thanks for getting in touch. We can complete an Uber inspection without a logbook but you will need to ensure the imported vehicle has an Australian compliance plate and is rated by ANCAP with a 5 star safety rating.
Kind Regards,
Redbook Inspect Team

Muhammad A.

Muhammad A.asked

Hi, is there any difference with redbook inspection for uber, ola and didi? What if I just go through uber inspection and use it for Ola and Didi as well ?

acehanna1
acehanna1

Hi you get a inspection from them and they will send to Uber and they will send you a copy of inspection and then update your details on Didi& Ola

Hi Muhammad,
Thanks for getting in touch.
There are slight differences between the rideshare inspection report. If you choose to complete an Uber inspection we will send the report directly to Uber and yourself which you can then submit to the other rideshares should they accept it.
Kind Regards,
Redbook Inspect Team

Nickels H.

Nickels H.asked

Bought new car. Do I still need a Redbook inspection for Uber?? Thanks

Hi There,
Thanks for getting in touch.
Uber will require an inspection on all vehicles, regardless of age in Victoria. However, other states will have a short amount of time where an inspection will not be required on a new vehicle. These timeframes can be checked directly through Uber's support team.
Kind regards, The RedBook Inspect team.

Get an answer from our members and RedBook Inspect representatives