Kim D.

Kim D.

Incorrect and lack of knowledge

The car I was having inspected came back with that the aircon was working however it was not working at all I purchased the car after they said it was working and had to get the whole thing replaced. It was then noted that there was "fluid leaking" in the engine bay photos were supplied but no details as simple as if it was water or oil or where the fluid was or leaking onto (not leaking from, I understand they arnt that specific)

Feels like I wasted my money and when contacting the company about those issues they essentially said "everything was consistent with the cars milage" it was a diesel 2010 with 240k km. If they tested and said something worked I'd think that it would work

Darren H.

Darren H.Sydney, NSW

Redbook unlikely to pick up some potential mechanical failures, which can be costly!

mccusker.bj

mccusker.bjSoutheast, SA

Takes no responsibility for quality of inspection.

Paid for inspection, they missed more than one major damage to interior of car, and when contacted suggested that I could have done that damage, which is ridiculous. Inferior inspection and non-existent customer service. Told me that I needed to inspect the car, wasn't that why I paid them?

Car Service / Repair Centres

Find out how RedBook Inspect compares to other Car Service / Repair Centres

Bill

BillSouth East Queensland, QLD

Misses the big ticket items

Amateurish

Very basic inspection, not great that my car didn’t make it on the way back home with my kids either - came back with a $2389 repair bill - Go elsewhere

Dan

DanToowoomba

Better to take it to a proper workshop

Sabeeka B.

Sabeeka B.asked

Hi i have bought an imported car. They gave me RWC but doesnt seem to have log book or service history. Can I go to Uber redbook inspection without it ?

Hi Sebeeka,
Thanks for getting in touch. We can complete an Uber inspection without a logbook but you will need to ensure the imported vehicle has an Australian compliance plate and is rated by ANCAP with a 5 star safety rating.
Kind Regards,
Redbook Inspect Team

Muhammad A.

Muhammad A.asked

Hi, is there any difference with redbook inspection for uber, ola and didi? What if I just go through uber inspection and use it for Ola and Didi as well ?

acehanna1
acehanna1

Hi you get a inspection from them and they will send to Uber and they will send you a copy of inspection and then update your details on Didi& Ola

Hi Muhammad,
Thanks for getting in touch.
There are slight differences between the rideshare inspection report. If you choose to complete an Uber inspection we will send the report directly to Uber and yourself which you can then submit to the other rideshares should they accept it.
Kind Regards,
Redbook Inspect Team

Nickels H.

Nickels H.asked

Bought new car. Do I still need a Redbook inspection for Uber?? Thanks

Hi There,
Thanks for getting in touch.
Uber will require an inspection on all vehicles, regardless of age in Victoria. However, other states will have a short amount of time where an inspection will not be required on a new vehicle. These timeframes can be checked directly through Uber's support team.
Kind regards, The RedBook Inspect team.

Get an answer from our members and RedBook Inspect representatives