RedInk Homes Questions & Answers

Verifiedredinkhomes.com.au
Ree
Ree · RedInk Homes

Has anyone had any luck getting Redink to fixed cracked cornice? Our home is 5.5 years old and the cornice is cracking.
I have been told it’s general maintenance on the house.
The cornice is actually coming away from the walls, how is this maintenance??
My advice would be don’t build with them. If you saw the quality of my ceilings and plaster, you would be asking for a refund.

Suds
Suds

Good luck getting Redink to fix anything. Once handover is done they seem to forget you exist

Btothej
Btothej

I would rather take the risk robbing a bank than building a house now, it is so so scary what to expect and the best part the government can just turn a blind eye, when these builders are ripping you off on a broad daylight, we should have a governing body like a police or another sub body which stands in between the builders and the customers to avoid all of this rubbish. I really don't understand how come state premiers are governing an entire state when they can't even resolve this simple issue!!!!! this scenario speak volumes when you see Mark Mcgwn comes up to stage addressing some important matters and speak like an arrogant brainless dick head.

Cindy
Cindy · RedInk Homes

Hey guys just wondering when the slab was done how long did it take until the rest of the house was built and u got to move in?

Kyle
Kyle

Hi , my slab went down in January 2021 and got my keys in November 2021 so they done pretty well well with no hiccups. Will definitely recommend redlink homes and Ryan as a site supervisor . Cheers .

Mark H.
Mark H.

Well omg I’m shocked we had slab layed Feb 2021 and just got told 9 weeks to go red ink not doing any final conclusions sent emails requesting meetings and no reply so much for a contract of 250days with no explanations I’m glad someone has put me onto this thread so they can be held accountable for there actions

TiG
TiG

Contract signed Dec 2020, took 7 months to get earthworks completed in July 2021, Slab completed August, Brickwork completed December, now at 15 months and still waiting for roof.

Emb
Emb

Contract signed Dec’20. Slab poured Aug’21. Nothing since. Appalling service, no one cares.

Helen C.
Helen C. · RedInk Homes

What is the $2000 you pay when you first sign up to build for.

Christopher B.
Christopher B. · RedInk Homes

In my opinion, avoid at all costs I haven’t even got to the actually building part of my first home with Redink yet, because there customer service is absolutely terrible started off well and once I signed the contract all went down hill from there, from stuffing up the position of the house on the block to meet the requirements in the area and then wanting the owner to find out what they had to do to fix the garden bed from the council??
Doesn’t seem right that in my opinion is the builders issue to fix as they get paid to know and understand the building industry and then to miss reading the Covenants of the block with the developer, so now I have to add additional area to front of the house again at my cost...

They are very quick to make mistakes and even quicker at passing the cost on to the owner to pay for!!

So I got feed up with being hand balled to 3 different Redink staff members, and even have them calling me asking what the issues are with the developer of the land, and not having a clue as to what’s going on.....

Then I said enough and wanted to be contacted by a manager from Redink. Got a call almost a week later, he just wanted to understand and he accepted all the issues Redink should have picked up, but again did not want to answer for the cost that I have to incur because of their stuff up, I believe if you break you buy it.
So you if make the stuff up you need to fix it....

I then asked what happens if I’m not happy with paying the cost to what they should have already sorted, the reply was are you a first home buyer after the grants?? I said “yes” and he replied saying “well the house needs to be build in 6 months otherwise you lose out on the grant and for the house to move forward I need to agree to the variations”.... what a joke.. sounds more like black mail.

So I think that’s what you have to deal with when you build with Redink. I would just go with someone else.

Can’t even get the contacts for the general manager when I asked the Redink team I then get put through to someone else.... unbelievable.

Anyone have any insights ?

Kitty K.

That's a shame. But in regards to the garden bed as the title is in your name and you are paying the rates .. that is likely reason why they asked you to contact the council.. it's likely the council would not give them the information or the council may have been responsible for it due to being on part of the council maintenance. Most councils are right idiots my parents dealt with them many times they make the demands and then you have to change stuff to meet their requirements. Most of the time they will only mention to you once you hand in the plans they are great for doing that. As for passing the cost of the requirements to meet the council it is upsetting. But at the end of the day I look at it this way .. my dad is a mechanic and someone comes for a normal service oil and filter change.. if he test drives the car and finds brake pads are worn and the taillight is faulty let's the customer know they need replacement is it fair for the mechanic to pay that cost in order to make the car road safe? Councils are annoying.. I suppose there must be a reason why they implement changes but most of the time I think they are just being difficult.

Jack · WA, Perth

Why are cracks appearing in the walls ??????

Lou
Lou

Who’s walls?

My walls......

Jack

Is it normal for cracks to start appearing on an 8 year old house ?????????????

Inside wall??????

Jack

And so the walls continue to show cracks......... Quality at its best...... this builder wouldn't last with the stringent requirements in New South Wales........... If you get Red Ink to build your home make sure you get extra warranty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kitty K.

Yes it is very common for cracks in the home.. especially after 8 years and usually with in the first year after building ( but new skills for soil and concrete pouring have become better now than 20 years Ago) the most common reason why tiles and walls crack is earth and soil movement. No matter how much you compact it down the earth is always having movement due to earth plates and rotation of the earth and also the water table with in your property. If you think about most homes being built with bricks and concrete the hot Australia sun these materials commonly absorb heat then cool down over years you would expect that the result would be cracking to the internal materials that are stuck onto the surface of the external materials...it's just common sense.. I actually feel sorry for builders when people complain about superficial cracking

Jack

Funny that Kitty I was in construction in NSW for 45 years , in NSW they build the house and foundations to suit the surface........ the more ground movement the more piers and the deeper they put the piers..... you say superficial cracking..... part of the bedroom ceiling nearly collapsed on our bed..... I don't know what position you hold at Red Ink, but I can assure you if that was explained to the potential buyers the way you have explained it here, you may lose some of your customers, who don't want to buy a house that needs repairs after 7 years..... I lived in houses that were over 20 years old that were more structurally sound..........you say it's common sense to expect cracking I say it's poor construction..... every one has their opinion.... let the customer decide whether they want cracking in a new house or not...... My wifes daughter has a house built by a different builder in the same year and they don't have any cracking, maybe their earth plates and rotation aren't as bad or they might not have a water table within their property......

Kitty K.

I don't work at red ink.. I live in WA and that is what the builds have always been like here in regards to the "settling" quote. My father was home owner builder and my father in law a tiler.we got shonky plaster with the house we bought ( plaster forever having fine cracks.. weak due to not going with wet trowel and allowing the plaster to fully dry out before painting.. the paint bubbles and has power on the back) and ceiling work at our house during the building boom in WA. The ceilings have come down in WA a lot especially with work done during the boom in 2001-2008 with cool and cozy product of insulation (apparently they went bust ) heaps of people in WA got ripped with many builders rushing the job. And my father in law said he did say that a lot of people not using right products and methods are to blame. i.e he uses a rubberized glue on the tiles to allow for flex for movement under the tile which helps prevent the tile cracking.. especially in WA people are not great at the trades much more and there are few you can find who are. We can't even believe some work trades do it's shocking. I'm quoting people I have known in WA or building.. I do agree that the homes in NSW had always appeared a better standard than WA, I feel like it's a reflection of the investment the state puts into getting people into the trade. In regards to the quotes for the physical elements as reasons why the materials and soil may contribute to cracking . I also read the following https://edensstructural.com/6-most-likely-reasons-youre-seeing-cracks-in-your-walls/. And this https://www.tmzpainting.com.au/repair-cracks/ and the following https://actioninspections.com.au/what-causes-cracks-in-walls-action-property-inspections/. I'm not bias either way..

Jack

So if the trades are shonky shouldn't that reflect back on the builder..... after all we're paying the builder to build a quality product....... If you buy a car, the quality is the same no matter which state you buy it in, and so should the houses......... When I asked why the quality wasn't the same as in the exhibition homes, Red Ink told me they would have to charge $50,000 more to build the houses..... I don't know about you but if I look at the exhibition home I'm expecting the same house built on my property!!!!!!It's like going for a test drive in a car.... you expect a car exactly the same as the 1 you test drove not a shonky one..... as I said everyone has an opinion...... The houses should be built to the same standard no matter which state, and if they can't deliver they shouldn't be in business !!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack · WA, Perth

I'd like to know why the quality of your display homes isn't the same as the houses you build for your clients, according to your maintenance manager it would cost $50,000 to $60,000 more to have your house built to the same standard. So why show display homes if the same standard isn't your builds ?????

Phil
Phil

All builders do this sadly.

Jack

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you Phil...... I have no idea whether you're a red ink employee, but I can assure you not all builders have that philosophy on their building...

Jack

I love reading all the new reviews about how good the houses are........ I wonder if they will be as excited in a few years time when cracks start to appear in the walls ...... watch your house gradually crack up before your eyes....... quality at it's best........

Jack

totally disgusted at the workmanship......

D King

Yeah, mines just at the half way build stage, bricks & pad, but judging by the amount of severe cracks in the concrete pad I reckon we will end up with the same issues. PS: pad laid in early Dec and still only sitting there with just brick walls whilst brick homes by other builders around us started later and all finished or almost finished.

Jack

Good Luck Dee.K...... their answer is it meets the standards.........

Trish Martin
Trish Martin · RedInk Homes

Hello, very interesting reading!!
I have just bought a Redink home, built 10 years ago. I am the third owner.
I have just realised this home does not have any soak wells installed, AT ALL.
It is my understanding that these are mandatory, even 10 years ago.
Explanation, please!!
Trish Martin

RedInk Homes   DM

Hi Trish, Thanks for your question. The install of the stormwater soakwells can be by builder or by owner. We supply and install them if our client has included them in their building contract, otherwise they are supplied and installed by owner.

The best way to determine exactly what has or should have been done at your property is to contact us directly. We understand that it can be confusing as a second and third owner as to what has been done by us and what has been done by the homeowner. We are always happy to help with this sort of query, so if you can please contact our office on 08 9208 1111 or by email maintenance@redinkhomes.com.au with your street address then we can assist further.

Kind regards,

pass the buck.......

Ken B.
Ken B. · RedInk Homes

The Tek Screws on my Colourbond roof are rusting as are the nails in the eaves. Are these covered under the structural warranty.
Ken

RedInk Homes   DM

Hi Ken, Can you please contact our Maintenance department in our office (08 9208 1111)? Otherwise please email photos, along with confirmation of your address to maintenance@redinkhomes.com.au to allow us to assist you further.

Many thanks

Kind Regards,

Customer Service Team

John
John · RedInk Homes

Any Red Ink owners built the Drover Farm House design in the metro area? We are looking at this design and wouldn't mind having a look at one in the flesh.

John

RedInk Homes   DM

Hi John, Thank you for your enquiry - please contact the Sales Team on 9208 1110 and they'll be more than happy to assist.

We look forward to hearing from you

Elal B
Elal B · RedInk Homes

Has anyone built the Entertainer plan? Wondering if you had any feedback / thoughts on the design?

RedInk Homes   DM

Hi There Thank you for your enquiry - please contact the Sales Team on 9208 1110 and they'll be more than happy to assist.

We look forward to hearing from you

First time building · RedInk Homes

Has anyone had this situation where by after pre start selection has completed, they seem to reply to queries at a much slower rate? Can anyone tell me how Long does it take from prestart completion to slab down? I was told 3 weee for drafting team to complete final draft then send off to shire. Does that mean it is going to take another 2-3 months?

RedInk Homes   DM

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch, we'd love the opportunity to further review your queries and concerns. Please contact customerservice@redinkhomes.com.au with your details so we can assist.

We look forward to working with you on your first build

First time building

I'm just very disappointed that it always feel as though before signing the documents, your people seem to be very enthusiastic etc no once the papers are signed, the communications become slower and less genuine. Shouldn't all customers be treated the same at all stages of the build? I just want this building to be completed asap, so I can stop worrying and trying to get in contact with u people.

U could perhaps send a generic email to all your staf reminding them to promptly respond to customer's queries. I shall not at this stage contact you for further review. But will do so when things become worse.

Disappointed
Disappointed

2018 and it hasn’t changed, very poor customer service. Sales guy was great though, but went down hill after that.

D King

I agree that post contract signing the customer service noticeably declines. I've had a very challenging experience all round and now I simply feel let down as the range of excuses for delays to the build contradict the last reason! Contract signed in Aug 2020 (own the land) and still only have a pad and brick walls at almost the end of May 2021! Grr...

Jake
Jake · RedInk Homes

RedInk you have built a home next to my block in Ravenswood and your contractors, bricklayers, concreters etc have been using my block as an access to deliver materials, my kerbing is now damaged and cracked in multiple spots and as it states in the developers annexure the owner is liable for and damaged caused by the builder, seeing as you are not my builder, I assume RedInk would be liable no?

RedInk Homes   DM

Hi Jake, Thank you for getting in touch; if you can please contact customerservice@redinkhomes.com.au with your contact details we'll be in touch to discuss and review.

In the meantime we've been in touch with the Site Supervisor who will carry out a site inspection to determine any damage which has occurred and confirm course of action to follow.

We do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and will ensure your concerns are addressed.

Luke · RedInk Homes

Hello , I built with Redink homes in ( geraldton) about 4-5 years ago , I have tryed everthing to fix my ceilings and bulk heads, that keep cracking and my ceiling showing join lines in plaster board , not to mention the paved drive way that is uneven and sloping on 1 side . And seen to be higher then the footings of the house . So moisture is seeping thought the brick work in my garage , I would like to know where I stand before getting a independent building report . Thank you luke

Building Manager
Building Manager

Hello Luke, Can you please contact the Midwest office on 99208900 and advise us of your home address, so that we can investigate these issues for you? Look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards Building Manager

Hi Luke,

Cannot help you much than to advise you to contact the building company and see what they can do.

Luke

Thank you for your reply, will be working out of town tomorrow and won't have the best signal but will contact you shortly. Appreciate your prompt response

NikReed · RedInk Homes

Warranty for my REDINK home - My home is now 2 years old and have my door handles breaking. The product quality is of POOR standards !!! I see homes last 20+ years with these items lasting as long. I want these fixed - My home was costly to build, and REINK assured me their products and standards were one of the highest ... I dis-agree !!!!! Who do I need to speak to for this to bed fixed at NO COST ?!!?!

RedInk Homes   DM

Hi NikReed, Thank you for getting in touch, we're sorry to hear of your frustrations with the product we have supplied.

If you can please contact the Maintenance Department on maintenance@redinkhomes.com.au with your details, they will be more than happy to assist in following through with the manufacturers to see this resolved as promptly as possible.

NikReed

I have now been in touch and has been rectified... Thankyou for the answering online...

Scheepers
Scheepers · RedInk Homes

How do you get incontact with somebody at the top, somebody that doesn't have to report to someone else? Somebody at REDINK that actually gives a care!!

boydee
boydee

Chris Thomas is your Man, helped us out when no else would after house caught fire 1 week before settlement,

EddieD · RedInk Homes

I am assisting a close relative who has problems with his Redink contract and would like to contact A Khan's lawyer who appears to have had the relevant experience to pursue this matter?

margaret hudston
margaret hudston

Hi Eddie, could you please tell me what a Khan's lawyer is. I am currently representing myself but am looking for a good lawyer? Margaret 0419033856

EddieD

Sorry Margaret - I have not yet had an answer from A Khan and maybe will not get one - but be assured I will let you know if I can get some resolution

just customer
just customer

Hi Eddie, I would like to help in this case. I do have same experience currently with them. Please let me know if there is anything I could help (Will - wlz_chan07@yahoo.com).

Billy
Billy · RedInk Homes

I have just finished building with Redink and they failed to Seal my walls causing the pain to peel off. Anyone else has this problem?

James
James

You are meant to sealed the walls yourself using oil based sealer.

Cameron · RedInk Homes

At what stage do you get a completion date? I've been told by many friends that they got a completion date at lock stage.

Peter and Tina

Mate, we never got a completion date, It was just a vague sometime in the future comment by the supervisor

Lockup was very quick & then it seems like nothing gets done after that.

Use this site to complain as the Managers get right onto it, if its out in the social media, At least thats what we found.

Good luck

First build

Your addenda contract provides a "so many days from date of commencement" which apparently is slab down when querying it I was told 6 months from slab down so I am expecting Sept. Will let you know...

Cameron

Yes we were told 6 months from slab down. It will end up around 9 months+. We were also told they would have a date once we got to lock up stage. We got nothing but excuses and them avoiding the question. Then we were told once the tiles have been laid we would get a date. You guessed it.. nothing but more excuses.

aaz10
aaz10

Exactly as the others have mentioned. We've been told 6 to 7 months. We are looking at 10+ months at the moment. The only indication they've given is 8 to 10 weeks from completion of the tiling. As Cameron said, excuses and avoiding the question is what RedInk are all about.

mohini
mohini · RedInk Homes

can you put pools in every house you make and do you put pools in every house you make?

RedInk Homes   DM

Good afternoon Mohini As a project builder, we do not install pools in our Redink homes but we are always happy to work with our clients’ chosen pool company. It is necessary to advise your building company at the planning stage that you are considering installing a pool so that any additional structural requirements can been taken into consideration.

Kind regards

Egoist lass
Egoist lass · RedInk Homes

Does anyone know who to send complaint at Redink Homes Management? We are building a house with Redink and we should have read over the reviews before we sign up on them. I am not sure if the people such as the Site Supervisor ever know about PERT CPM or even a simple time management and coordination? I have tried to email Amanda Matthews previously and her answer is I find out with the Supervisor. I have meet with the Construction Supervisor and still only words no concrete actions. They seem to be so laxed and poorly managed and doesn't seem to know the word "Timeliness" and "Keeping their words". The Supervisor is not there when a job is started which is the reason why there are so many errors and backjobs. I have so many to reiterate and it seems that we are the one supervising the build as we are the ones reporting to Redink that this is not right and this one is missing or this material is lacking! Do their top management ever know what's going on with their people or operation?

Peter and Tina

Yes, use this site, Their management dont like people warning others about how bad they are.
We did twice, and low & behold a phone call next day, Not much else but at least we got that !!

First build

We have practically been supervising our build as well. Its disgusting service you are literally waiting in line for something to happen wile a trade starts your job and goes to other sites to juggle three houses at once instead of finishing one before moving on to the next. Ask the office for your site supervisors manager to give you a call it helps if you have specific examples. Start keeping a diary!

Get an answer from our members and RedInk Homes representatives

Select a listing for your question