RedInk Homes

RedInk Homes Questions & Answers (page 2)

Verifiedredinkhomes.com.au
Unhappy
Unhappy · RedInk Homes

I'm building with Redink at the moment and boy are they dragging there feet. There blaming weather and now Christmas for the delay, But i look at my block and houses are going up left, right, and center all around my block by every other builder. Is anyone else have time issues like this?

RedInk Homes   DM

Good afternoon “Unhappy” I would like the opportunity to resolve your problem but will need further information. Would you like to email me your details to customerservice@redinhomes.com.au so that I can follow up on your behalf and find a resolution. Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Amanda

suzieq

I have the same issue with 101 residential who are owned by the same people. My house was started in june (contract signed inJanuary) and is not even at lock up. The house next to mine whose contraction started at exactly the same time as mine is now a week away from hand over. The delays are caused by them taking so long to rectify issues raised (mostly because they first try to deny anything is wrong and do everything they can to avoid doing any work at all. 3 months after my brickwork was finished they still have not fixed all the issues I have raised and anything they have done has only caused other issues. The two houses next to mine are red inks and their slabs went down before mine, their brickwork only started a month after my brickwork was finished. They are now at lock up but they have essentially had the one team working on both houses, so they do one stage with one house and then the same trades go and do that stage on the other house. Good Luck!!

Dmf
Dmf · RedInk Homes

I have just had my builder. (redink) phone to say that there will be a $20.000.00increase in their earthworks and siteworks costs from $12.000.00 to $32.000.00 . Because there is cap stone under the earth . We have not even got to prestart yet , is this the norm?

Bilby
Bilby

Wow- that's sounds excessive. Do you have a fixed contract for your siteworks? To be honest I don't know too much about earthworks, we were just on a pretty standard suburban block on an estate so our whole site works was $7800 (fixed) I'd be asking them to justify and itemise the cost and read through all your contractual fine print - sorry I can't be any more help. Good luck.

RedInk Homes   DM

Good morning DMF At the sales stage reps are only able to estimate the cost of earthworks and siteworks based on prior experience from building in an area.

The exact condition of each individual lot are not known until we request a site survey and engineers report.

Unfortunately without knowing the details of your job it is difficult to comment specifically, but obviously a large amount of rock has been discovered which will regrettably affect your building costs.

If you would like to discuss this further please don’t hesitate to contact me at the office.

Kind regards

Amanda Matthews

d&n
d&n

Whilst that sounds high for works you can always get an independent estimate. I have found Redink to be very approachable and fair. The last thing they want is to sour the relationship before you have commenced building. This is a bitter pill to swallow and in their defense the only time they would be certain of the costs is when they commence works ? The estimate they gave us was within $ of the actual cost.

Brian@Jen
Brian@Jen

we employed our own siteworkers and saved a packet compared to red ink pricing.

aaz10
aaz10

We built in an area we knew was going to cost a lot for site works. But RedInk estimated and quoted $100,000 more than we paid! They are excessive! Hence we did the earthworks independently.

lost in  secret harbour
lost in secret harbour · RedInk Homes

I built with redink worst decision i ever made now to top it of damage to my walls is apparently acceptable do your painters fix any damage caused or do they paint straight over it???

RedInk Homes   DM

Hi lost in secret harbour, All work carried out by Redink and our Contractors is done to the appropriate standard. This is how we are able to offer the lifetime structural warranty. Having said that, if you are not satisfied with the work which has been carried out please e-mail your details to customerservice@redinkhomes.com.au and I will look into this on your behalf. After all, you are the one living in the house so your satisfaction is paramount.

angel163 · RedInk Homes

Hi we are building our home with Redink and nearly at pre start stage. Do we get to chose our rep or do we ge given one? After reading some of the review's here l am hope and praying it goes smoothly

Michellew

Do you mean Rep or Building Supervisor? Your rep is usually the person you signed on with. The building supervisor is allocated depending on where you are building, or at least that has been our experience. Hope that helped good luck with your pre start.

Hi Michellew,

Yes thank you for replying.

How has your expirience been so far with Redink.

hi angel163

Pretty good experience overall. Bit frustrated at the minute waiting for the final bits and pieces to be done. Seems the tradies are a bit reluctant to come back for minor things to finish off. Could be because we are a little out of Bunbury but hopefully this time next week we will have the keys.

jibs
jibs

Hi Michelle . We are currently building in Myalup so glad to hear your overall experience was good.

bird.alcatraz
bird.alcatraz · RedInk Homes

I would like to know who supervised Daniells house from redink as I would like the same person on my build in honeywood

RedInk Homes   DM

Hi bird.alcatraz, Unfortunately we’re not sure who Danielle is, so we can’t determine who their supervisor is. At the time of that review, they hadn’t commenced construction, so their supervisor wasn’t a factor, but their friend’s (we don’t know who they are either) supervisor has delivered the Redink experience. Redink builds homes from North of Geraldton, out to the Eastern Wheatbelt, all the way down to South of Margaret River, and our Supervisors are assigned dedicated zones within that area to limit the travel required, and make sure they have the time to regularly visit their building sites.

Having said that, I’m confident that all of our Supervisors will deliver you a similar experience to Danielle’s friends. I can understand why you would want to make sure you got the ‘good’ supervisor, because not all supervisors are good. However, Redink has a great reputation and the best people want to work for us, so the bar we set is not industry standard. If we had a supervisor that wasn’t delivering the Redink experience, we’d replace them with the best of the people who are consistently trying to gain a position here.

Between your Supervisor (who you will be able to contact directly), your Client Liaison, and the rest of the Customer Service Team, you can be confident that you will enjoy the Redink experience.

cc33 · RedInk Homes

Hi

I am building with redink and quality of the house is very low. I have so many ongoing issues with them. Whenever I pointed out any defect / error / mistake, they have delayed work, at one time by 2 months. Construction started in Oct 2011 and reached lock up on 09/05/12 but now again no work since then. My question is who can I report about the quality of the house and about delaying the build.

thanks

RedInk Homes   DM

HI cc33, Unfortunately throughout the build process delays can occur. However, it is in our best interest to ensure the construction process is smooth and to remove any unnecessary delays. As such, this is something we aim to provide during all of our builds. If you would like to discuss this with our Construction Manager please e-mail your contact details to customersevice@redinkhomes.com.au and he will contact you at the earliest convenience. Alternatively our Customer Service Director is also available to meet with you and discuss the delays.

Kind Regards,

RedInk Homes   DM

Please note e-mail address is actully: customerservice@redinkhomes.com.au

Hi Ryan

Unfortunately there was some element of deliberate delays as evident from the letter we got from Redink and most of the delay was due to negligence. I have already discussed with office. Roof frame not done as per the drawing we signed. Found many other things that have not been done as per contract we signed. It is so frustrated to keep pointing out mistakes and that also obviously delays the process.

Kind Regards

RedInk Homes   DM

Hi cc33, The Customer Service Team is very keen to meet with you to discuss your concerns and get things back on track. If you can spare the time, we’re happy to meet wherever suits you best. It makes no sense for us to delay work deliberately, because those delays cost us money. I’m aware that in isolated cases, a team can suffer ‘analysis paralysis’, where over-analysing the job can lead to fear of not doing work exactly as our client expects it, and that fear prevents progress. Whatever the case, we’d like to resolve the issue, and get you happy & into your new home ASAP.

Hi Ryan

During the whole building period, we had raised all the issues via emails also. I am not sure if another meeting will achieve anything. For full information on the issues raised, please go through the emails we have sent to Redink. If you need more information on any of the issues, please feel free to call us.

Regards

cc

RedInk Homes   DM

Dear cc33, I would be more than happy to go through your emails and discuss this further with you. If you would be so kind as to provide your name and contact information, to the address previously provided, I will be able to get straight onto this and investigate further on your behalf.

suzieq

I am with 101 (same owners) have had similar experience - errors in the slab delayed by build by nearly 3 months due to initial fob offs, poor management, poor scheduling and oh poor management!! I hope you ended up sorting everyone and finally in a house worthy of what you have paid

margaret hudston
margaret hudston

Hi Suzie, I am sorry to hear you are having such issues, I know how you feel, it is such a stressful situation as it affects your finances terribly. Please call if you feel inclined, I would appreciate talking to you about yours and my experience. Margaret 0419033856

Get an answer from our members and RedInk Homes representatives

Select a listing for your question