Redsbaby METRO2

17 questions from our users

Caitlin G.

Caitlin G.asked

METRO2

Anyone else have a terrible squeaky problem with their 2018 metro2 stroller? With every push or movement it has a horrible squeaky sound.

Hi Caitlin,

Thank you for getting in touch. Whilst prams can make noises from time to time, these shouldn't be persistent. We recommend applying silicone spray to the moving parts of the frame, wheels and brake roughly every 8-12 weeks to avoid any friction and sand and dirt getting caught in the mechanisms. If this doesn't resolve the noise, please reach out to the warranty team via our website and they will be able to assist.

Lara

Laraasked

METRO2

The bassinet on my pram wobbles, and tilts up to 25-30 degrees when the baby is in it. The left hand clip falls off pretty much every time I remove the bassinet to place it in the car. I've read that some wobble is to be expected, but to this degree? Baby is only 6.2 kg so well within the weight guideline for using bassinet. Otherwise, I love this pram.

RedsbabyRedsbaby

Hi Lara, Thank you for getting in touch. The bassinet is designed to move once clicked into the adaptors but we would recommend reaching out to customer care on 1300 344 964 so we can ensure that the bassinet has been assembled correctly and also that it is working exactly as it should. You can also reach out via email info@redsbaby.com.au.

Kelly L.

Kelly L.asked

METRO2

What are the main differences between the Metro2 & the Jive2?

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for your question. The main difference between the JIVE and METRO models is that the JIVE can convert to become a tandem, whereas the METRO is a single pram only.

You can see a more detailed comparison of all of the features here:

Please reach out to our customer care team if you have any questions on 1300 344 964 :)

Jessica

Jessicaasked

METRO2

Are the handles real leather?

Hi Jessica,

The material used is a leatherette which is synthetic and hardwearing for the usage. I hope this helps. RB Team xx

Cleo

Cleoasked

METRO2

Hello, can you fold the metro2 with the seat on the frame parent-facing?

Hi Cleo,

You can fold the METRO with the seat attached but it does have to be in forward-facing mode. I hope this helps. Brooke - RB Team xx

Yasmin

Yasminasked

METRO2

Hi. Which capsules fits in it?

ClaireG

We didn’t purchase the Metro2 for that reason, so won’t be able to comment on its adaptability or use. However, looking on the Redsbaby website, they suggest: Maxi-Cosi (Mico, Mico Plus, Mico AP and Citi from 2013), Britax (Unity Neos and Unity Isofix from 2013), Joie (i-Gemm) and Nuna (Pipa) (https://www.redsbaby.com.au/the-carriage/create-the-travel-system-of-your-choice/).

Layla P

Layla Pasked

METRO2

Hey. I recently received my metro2 pram and have set it up but noticed that the bassinet is very wobbly. Is this normal? Or should I be sending it back.

Mel

The NASA net should be facing you. No it definately should not be wobbly. I would call the company and go through the set up. You have set it up wrong . Good luck.

ClaireG

Yes, it’s intentionally designed that way. The reason is to allow some gentle rocking with the rolling motion of the pram.

SBon

SBonasked

METRO2

Hi, I'm wanting to know more about the differences between the metro and metro2. I saw this link "https://www.redsbaby.com.au/explore-metro-1/" but it didn't work. Can anyone help me out?

Hi SBon,

Thank you for your question. The METRO would have been from the 2016/17 range and these are no longer available on the website. Our METRO² is part of the 2018 collection and has been re-designed based on feedback from our customers of the METRO 2016/17 range.

Please reach out if you have any questions at all.

Atlantis

Atlantisasked

METRO2

Hi would a 2017 redsbaby bassinet fit the 2018 metro 2 pram?

TeeBee
TeeBee

I have no idea

Hi Atlantis,

Thank you for your question. Yes, you can use a 2017 bassinet on the new 2018 collection frames as we haven't changed the adaptors and connections. If you are purchasing one second-hand, just be sure to check that they have the bassinet adaptors with the bassinet.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please reach out to customer care on 1300 344 964

Jamie T

Jamie Tasked

METRO2

Has any one got the Metro 2 with a 4x4, I’m looking at buying one but wanna make sure it’s going to fix in the tiny spot as we need all 7 seats once baby is born?

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for your question. Whilst we don't have any footage of the METRO going into the back of a 4X4, we do have a 'Will it Fit series on our Youtube channel and we have footage of the METRO going into a range of different cars boots on the market. We made sure that we included some of the smallest like a Nissan MICRA and Fiat 500. I have added the link below:

Please let me know if you have any questions :)

nikk

nikkasked

Hi,
Wondering if anyone has insight into how the Metro2 performs on grass? I walk my dog regularly so will be taking the pram on pavement and grass (wet terrain too) and wondering if it is good enough? Also, is it necessary to buy the seat liner? Thanks.

Nikki
Nikki

Someone said to me that no one pram does everything which I agree with. My sister several years ago bought a pram for running with, then she discovered it didn't fit down the shopping counters. She ended up having to buy a second pram for the everyday tasks.

The redsbaby pram I do take walking and off road into parks without any issues. The back wheels are a good size to maneuver over bumps. It's a very practical pram.

Hi Nikk,

Thank you for your question. Redsbaby prams have been designed for Urban use and give great performance on all terrain i.e. going for walks over gravel, grass being out and about (sidewalks).

Our prams (METRO and JIVE) both come with four-wheel suspension, which are based on an internal spring system (within the front wheel housing and the rear wheel axle).

Other features of the wheels which provide best performance includes:

*Front swivel wheel locks: stability on uneven terrain and long distances
*Four wheel suspension: easy push and a smoother ride
*Four wheel design: optimum weight distribution, providing more stability on curbs and uneven surfaces

Jen

Jenasked

Hi there,

I’m in love with reds baby but I’ve been told that the seats are smaller than average pram, and that there are no seat extenders. Have anyone experienced this? I understand the seats aren’t based on age but instead weight but curious on thoughts on any issues with length of seats,

Hi Jen,

Thank you for your question. Both the Redsbaby JIVE and METRO have a seat back height of 53cm which should see you using the pram with your little one right through to toddlerhood. Most customers will use the seat from around 6 months up until around 3 - 3.5 years of age. The main seats are designed to hold 20kgs and it will depend on each individual child as to how long you use the seat for. There is also a head barrier at the top of the seat which is removable as your child grows to allow extra head space. We always recommend using the 5 point harness at all ages and times that your baby/child is in the pram :)

Please be in touch with our customer care team should you have any questions about the above on 1300 344 964.

Amelia

Ameliaasked

METRO2

My 4 month old is quite long. He has outgrown his capsule but cries when laying down in the bassinet (and is pretty much too long for it too). Can I move him into the seat? Everything seems to suggest that the seat isn’t safe until 6 months.

Agatha
Agatha

Hi Amelia,

I had the same issue. Please note that all the recommendations are recommendations and not mandated or specific to each individual child.

The metro has 3 different level adjustments. Until they can hold their own head upright, I used the laying down and slight incline position prior to 6 months as she outgrew the bassinet early too. I noticed as they developed my little one grew more curious and wanted to see surroundings and play with the toys on the handle bar. That's when I progressed to sitting upright position and forward facing.

Hope that helps!

Hi Amelia,

We recommend you transition your child from the bassinet to the seat when they reach the weight limit of 9kg (20 lbs), are 6 months of age, or when your child can sit up unaided (whichever occurs first). If you feel that your child needs to transition to the seat before either of these three milestones have occurred, you can do so using the seat in the lowest setting.

As our Redsbaby seats are an angular, fixed construction (i.e. where the footrest meets the seat and then the backrest), and doesn’t lay flat in the same way a bassinet does, we always recommend the bassinet for customers as this enables the child to lay completely flat which is the recommendation broadly accepted while their spine is developing.

I hope this information helps :) Brooke - RB Team xx

Cassie T

Cassie Tasked

METRO2

Hi, just wondering which of the two prams baby seats Jive2 vs Metro2 sit higher? Eg. I'm 5'8 and am hoping i won't be bending too low to put baby in pram.

Also, is the pram sturdy and won't flip when putting pressure on back wheels? Eg. Have a dog who pulls hard when sees another dog and turns my 3 wheeled pram on its side.

Liz m
Liz m

Hi Cassie
I’m not too sure on height difference with the 2 prams, but I find the metro2 sturdy! I have 2 dogs I take walking and they pull a lot as well and haven’t had any issues! I’ve also hung my baby bag off the handle and it hasn’t tipped at all.
Hope that helps!

Hi Cassie,

Thank you for your question. The seats on the METRO and JIVE sit at the same height. We have had great feedback from parents of all heights. Both prams are four-wheeled so have better traction and balance than three-wheeled prams.

Please be in touch with customer care on 1300 344 964 if you have any questions :)

Katie

Katieasked

METRO2

I noticed that the Metro2 has both front and back PU tyres but the rear tyres on the JIVE2 are engineered rubber. What is the difference betweenness the tyres and do the ER tyres give a smoother ride on rougher terrain?

Hi Katie,

Air wheels provide an excellent solution for customers that desire an exceptionally smooth ride from their pram. However, this comes with maintenance (pumping and inner-tube replacement over time). While air tyres are an excellent solution, based on feedback from our customers that requested a puncture-proof, low maintenance solution, we have engineered our new ER/PU wheels to provide the highest performance for the products they have been specifically designed for (Metro² – extremely lightweight, JIVE² – to be able to carry two children, while still being as lightweight as possible).

Redsbaby 2018 ER wheels are made with an engineered composite of rubber and plastic. They are more durable and higher performance than our previous models’ puncture-proof wheels which were EVA (a solid plastic). The addition of rubber to the wheel composition provides greater shock absorbency for vibrations and bumps, and also provides a wheel that will last longer. 100% of the wheel is the ER composite material.

Kat

Katasked

METRO2

Hey whats the Metro like for daily walking (of about 3km), mainly on foot paths , is it durable enough to last?
also much trialling on gravel foot paths? I'm tossing up between redsbaby or another more suitable all terrain style pram. Thanks in advance!

Jorja E
Jorja E

Hi ! I walk it around our local lakes everyday that have one concrete path and one gravel and it works fine for both although a little bouncy on the gravel :)

Hi Kat,

The METRO has been designed for Urban everyday use. The METRO performs well on all terrain and our new ER Rear wheels provides greater shock absorbency for vibrations and bumps, and also provides a wheel that will last longer.

We have engineered a narrow ridge on the widest point of the front and rear wheels which minimises the surface area of the wheel that has contact with the ground. This also minimises bumps and vibrations, while delivering a more durable and hard-wearing wheel.

Melasked

Hello,
I’m just wondering when the next demo day will be for Brisbane or if you will be at the baby expo this weekend?
Many thanks

Hi Mel,

Yes, we will be at the Essential Baby and Toddler show in Brisbane :)

Brooke - RB Team xx

Get an answer from our members and Redsbaby representatives