Redsbaby Metro

• Suitable for Running Yes · No (212)
  • Safety
  • Manoeuvrability
  • Ease of Packing & Storage

Mason

MasonFar West, NSW

Great Pram and best of all ITS LIGHTWEIGHT

Comfortable on all terrains. Baby seems very comfortable. Suspension does the job very well. All round very happy with this pram after upgrading from heavier competitor. Would recommend to anyone looking for a reasonably priced all rounder pram.

Purchased in February 2021 for $899.00.

Norman C.

Norman C.Sydney, NSW

This Pram complete everything that I need!!!

I am so happy with this Metro 3 that we bought. Its really so durable in any kind of condition. With the perfect size, its so secure my baby in every way. Definitely for any of my families and friend who just about to have baby, I would recommend them to have any of them. I just have one baby and plan to have second one later. I might upgrade to Jive later, so I can bring both of my babies, safe, sound, and secured. Thanks Red Baby, you're legend!

Purchased in December 2020 for $769.00.

Great pram

The metro 3 suits our family to a tee. Very versatile with the bassinet and seat being interchangeable. Super versatile and light weight for a great price. Thumbs up all round

Purchased in January 2021.

Amanda

Amanda

Fantastic pram!

After hearing great feedback from friends who have a redsbaby, I am so glad we purchased a metro3 for our second bub. Great quality, looks amazing, folds super easy, lightweight, compact and easy to steer. Our toddler loves the buggy board accessory to stand on when we go for walks. Highly recommend this brand of prams.

Sufee

SufeeSydney, NSW

Perfect for our little princess

We got the Metro 3 with the bassinet. The delivery was slightly delayed which was promptly resolved after contacting Redsbaby (shoutout to Kate). Redsbaby ticks all the boxes and the pram looks stylish in the green we ordered. The pram is incredibly easy and straightforward to assemble. We love that its easy to fold/unfold while being comparatively lightweight and fits nicely in the car. The 10kg basket is handy for all the baby and mum stuff when out and about. The bassinet also provides a handy sleeping solution when visiting friends or family. The only slight letdown was that the bassinet shade is a bit loose and flimsy.

Purchased in January 2021 at Redsbaby.com.au.

George

GeorgeSydney, NSW

Very user friendly. Great to use and very versitile

Performs well under all circumstances, but have only been using it for 2 months now.
Very satisfied so far
Ver comfortable as the baby sleeps everytime she is in the pram

Purchased in November 2020 at Redsbaby for $1,000.00.

Jen H.

Jen H.Canberra 2600, ACT

Stylish and practical pram!

This pram is amazing. My husband and I are both above average in height and after three children and 4 prams the adjustable handlebar extends high enough for us both to be comfortable pushing it. It turns so easily and even fully loaded it is easy to manoeuvre. The basket is HUGE and I can fit so much in it. I love how easy it is to access from both sides. The straps are so easy to adjust and the belly bar is sturdy. I love how far back the seat can recline for bubs sleep. My favourite feature of all though is the canopy. It extends right over Bub keeping the sun off his legs and the flip over part means I can keep the fresh air flowing without worrying about it getting stuffy inside the pram.

Lucy

LucyLaunceston, TAS

First time parents

We found pram research really overwhelming until redsbaby was recommended to us by a friend. We think the metro 3 is great value for money, our newborn lies comfortably in the bassinet and the metro is pretty easy to put together/ fold up. It turns well, is lightweight and manages bumps well. Not to mention it looks great and you can tell it’s well made.

Purchased in December 2020 for $700.00.

Ease of Packing & Storage

Great pram, built well, looks great, no issues

Very happy with pram, wife loves too.
Built well, good materials, folds easily. Seems as good as any of the higher cost ones. We got on sale too so very happy with it!

Purchased in December 2020 for $650.00.

Jules

Jules

Absolutely love it!

It’s such a light and easy pram to assemble and travel with. It’s fuss free, super easy for short trips to the shops or longer walks.
Suspension is great, and is versatile remaining smooth over different terrains.
Couldn’t recommend this pram more highly!

Neah

NeahGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wonderful (and squeaky)

Absolutely love this pram. It’s compact, easy to steer with one hand, handles trails and paved areas with the same amount of ease. It’s gotten a bit squeaky for only having it for such a short amount of time but being able to change the seat configuration is great!

Love this pram!!

I read and researched a lot before buying this pram as I am petite (5ft tall) and also drive a small hatchback so I needed something that was easy to open and shut and would fit into a small boot. I'm so happy with the quality of the pram - so many I tried were quite wobbly and still moved when I clicked the lock. The Metro 3 opens and shuts easily and is intuitive to use. It fits in my boot easily and I love how smooth it is to move around on large wheels and with a large basket. Even better was the price (I picked it up at 20% off). Highly recommend.

Purchased in June 2020 for $600.00.

Ad

Super happy with this pram!

We purchased the metro for our fourth baby and it’s absolutely perfect for our needs. Extra large basket holds all our gear required for the whole family, yet the pram still feels light and compact. So easy to pack in and out of the car. Seems to manage terrain at playground, shops, footpath etc with ease, my 7yo often likes to push it for me! Haven’t used the seat yet as bub is still in the capsule, but it looks like it would also fit my 3yo. Love the look of the pram too!

David M

David MSouthwest, VIC

AWESOME

Awesome pram, couldn’t be happier with our decision to buy the metro 3, great suspension, easy to fold up and down into the car. Out little man is so comfortable in it

Purchased in October 2020 for $700.00.

Rox F

Rox FGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

love the stroller

The pram has so far been great. the bassinet is big and comfortable for the baby - he sleeps better in it than his actual bassinet. i have also taken it to the beach and had all the flaps open so baby got air!

basket is huge which i love!!!

fairly sturdy frame, and fairly easy to push and manoeuvre, although nothing beats my other stroller in this regard. but main reason i got the stroller was for rhe bassinet in the summer and the big basket and so far has exceeded expectations!

EJC

EJCSydney, NSW

Basic pram

As I was unable to view the pram prior, this pram was bought based on product research and reviews.

It is a light, easy to fold pram. Seat seems comfy enough when stationary and it has a huge storage basket underneath.

I am slightly disappointed in the quality of the pram when moving as it is very rattly and doesn’t feel very strong. When the handle is extended it feels loose and moves slightly. The pram has no cushioning for bumps and you can feel every tiny bump in the pavement. Not good for light sleepers!

Wish I had tried before I bought as I would’ve bought something else.

Purchased in July 2020.

Love this pram!

This pram is great for taking the baby and dogs for a walk in the park, going to the super market or just taking a stroll around the block when the baby is cranky. My baby loves this pram and like to take her afternoon nap in there, safe and secure. The suspension is great!

Purchased in October 2020 for $675.00.

Sam

SamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Pram, Excellent Service

Everything about this pram is amazing, easy dismantle, easy to store, easy to use! No tricks or complications, super light to pick up and move around, and half the price of prams its equal in other stores!

Purchased in September 2020 for $700.00.

FoxHunter

FoxHunterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great quality and functionality

Really good deal, which is rare these days. Nice quality and service by the company. Would buy again and would also highly recommend to others. Child is comfy in the pram and it’s easy to manoeuvre and to pack away in the boot.

Mama Ray

Mama RayHunter Region, NSW

The basket!

The Metro is easy to handle on all your standard surfaces, but wouldn’t be good for bush walking or rough terrain. The pram is smooth, light weight and turns very easily. We added a sheep skin liner to the seat to increase comfort, but the bassinet is perfect. The winning feature of this pram over others is the basket!

Purchased in November 2020 for $550.00.

jalpa.baldev

jalpa.baldevasked

Metro

Anyone who has recently purchased Metro pram, can you please advise if Redsbaby has improved their shipping time? How long did it take for them to ship to you since you placed the order? The Metro pram on the website is showing 'estimated' to ship on 18th June currently + shipping time which is pretty long!
I'm reading a lot of bad reviews that are related to shipping time and customer service.

Hi Jalpa.baldev,

Thanks for reaching out. The shipping times given on the website are a pre-order date and we always display the latest date for dispatch for each particular pram and colour. If you place a pre-order, we make every effort to dispatch before or on the dispatch date given from our Sydney warehouse (delivery will then take 2-7 days depending on your location).

In te current global climate with manufacturing and shipping, unfortunatley, lead times are much longer than usual. That being said, we always aim to have other options available for customers in different colours and models which will be available sooner.

If you have any questions at all, please reach out to our customer care team on 1300 344 964 or info@redsbaby.com.au, we are always happy to assist.

Jemasked

Metro

I love my reds baby Metro and am very disappointed that it looks like I have to wait 5 months for replacement rear wheels! Can someone please explain this unreasonably long wait period and offer some alternative to customers who’s wheels are disintegrating?

Hi Jem,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunatley, due to the current global climate, some of our spare parts stock has a much longer lead time than usual. When we launched the 2018 collection, we decided to manufacture the new foam-filled version wheels to fit the existing 2015/16/17 JIVE and METRO prams for customer to upgrade if they wanted to.

We aim to keep the lead times as short as possible but for this part in particular, the lead times are much longer than the usual 6-8 weeks, unfortunatley this is something that is out of our control.

With the prams that have inner tubes, we recommend that these are maintained by pumping every 6-8 weeks and checked regularly to ensure that they haven't become punctured or deflated, if they have been used whilst deflated, this could cause damage to the tubes or outer tyres.

We recommend trying a bike store or your local pram service centre to see if they may be able to repair or replace the inner tubes to keep you going, or the Facebook group Redsbaby, Buy, Swap and Sell page to see if there may be spare wheels/tyres available there,

Please reach out to customer care on 1300 344 964if you have any further questions.

Jem

I have a 2017 model and the tyres have been well maintained since purchased. However, one of the tyres has ejected a metal wire from inside the tyre and the tyre has split along the side. It does not look repairable - it needs replacing now. Unfortunately, if they can not be replaced promptly then I’ll have to buy a whole new pram - and I won’t be buying another redsbaby if that is the case.

Francesca89

Francesca89asked

Metro

Is there any chance you have a picture of the metro in a mazda3 hatch ? I am trying to see if it would fit in on one side of the boot (not length wise). I think it might but would love to see a photo of this if this was at all possible.

Hi Francesca,

Thanks for reaching out. We don't have any photos of the METRO in a MAZDA 3 hatch but we have tested in some of the smallest car boots on the market including the Fiat 500 and Nissan MICRA. I have added the folded SPECS below for you so you can measure up your boot.

Please reach out if you have any questions on 1300 344 964 or info@redsbaby.com.au

Brooke - RB Team xx

Get an answer from our members and Redsbaby representatives

Redsbaby Metro

Features:

• 6.9kg lightweight frame is towards the lower end of the spectrum when it comes to stroller weights
  • Included bassinet can be used for overnight sleeping, with the additional bassinet stand (compared to car capsules, which can only be used for babies to sleep in for short periods of time).
  • Sizeable 10kg basket provides a generous amount of under-seat storage, while back-of-seat pockets provide that little bit of extra space, for example for your phone or baby wipes
  • One-hand seat recline lets you easily adjust from a fully-flat sleeping position to a reclined seat for baby’s waking hours
  • Four large wheels are suitable for all terrains, according to Redsbaby
  • An added accessory bundle can be purchased for $101.80, and includes a: cup holder, rain cover, car sunshades and an accessory pouch.

Points of praise for the Redsbaby Metro 3:

• Reviewers loved how easy it was to steer the Redsbaby Metro 3, with one parent commenting that the pram ‘turns like a breeze.’
  • Babies were repeatedly treated to a comfortable ride, thanks to the solid suspension and smooth manoeuvrability of the Redsbaby Metro 3
  • The lightweight and compact build of this pram made handling it convenient
  • A height-adjustable handle bar was appreciated for taller men pushing the pram
  • Parents were pleased with the aesthetics of their pram, and how they had a choice of the frame, fabric and bassinet colour
  • Overall, the Redsbaby Metro 3 was cited as a pram displaying sound quality, offered at an affordable price.
Compare all 3 Redsbaby Metro

Redsbaby METRO²
  • Discontinued
  • Award Winner 2020

Redsbaby METRO²

Category4-Wheel Prams & Strollers4-Wheel Prams & Strollers4-Wheel Prams & Strollers
Price (RRP) $769.00$749.00
Seating TypeSingleSingle
Convertible YesNo
Suitable Age0+ months0+ months
Max User Weight 20 kg20 kg
Seat OrientationReversibleReversible
Bassinet CompatibleYes (Included)Yes (Sold Separately)
Capsule CompatibleYes, with addition of adaptersYes, with addition of adapters
FeaturesArm Bar, Cup Holder, Height-Adjustable Handle, Locking Front Wheels, Mobile Phone Holder, Suspension and Under-seat StorageArm Bar, Cup Holder, Height-Adjustable Handle, Locking Front Wheels, Reversible Handle, Suspension and Under-seat Storage
Wheel MaterialSolidSolidSolid
Weight10.5 kg10.5 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Folded Dimensions80 x 61 x 42 cm79 x 32 x 29 cm