Reduce Home Loans

Yep its a very low rate. And the service and expertise is equally low rate.

Ange

Ange

Disappointing experience

Loan TypeSplit
Loan used forFirst Home
Emma J.

Emma J.

Missing funds from final settlement and very slow service

Loan Start DateDecember 2019

Rain

RainPerth

Not what it seems

ElaineGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Buyer beware; Getting the loan was ok, afterwards, not so

I signed for a loan with a repayment of $605 per fortnight. When I got the paperwork back after settlement the repayment was $651. I was advised the Funder uses different Calculators to the ones on the Reduce Loans site. Completely misleading. If I could afford to get out, I would.

Online Tools
Loan Start DateJuly 2019
Elaine

Hi, sending a response regarding this issue. I see no reason why I cannot pay fortnightly, 26 payments per year.

ABC67

ABC67Perth, WA

Reduce by name only!

David G

David GGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Does not pass on rate cuts to existing customers

Loan used forRefinancing

refinancing process . ouch.....

rates low.
refinance process one of the most disorganised and complicated events i have had the displeasure to be part of. Still not complete 2 months later. Hope to close out soon to move on.

Loan TypeVariable Rate

Many things that require improvement including rates for existing clients

Mario K

Mario KDocklands

Lack of response. No follow up

dann2768

dann2768Wodonga

Communication

Contacted Reduce Home Loans over 3 months ago in relation to getting our home loan for a new build. We own the land. They kept misplacing our paperwork, then that went out of date and we had to supply them with it again. Then they weren't happy about how the builders wanted to draw down the loan. Was told on the 20/12/2018 that I would hear back from them with full approval and after contacting them via email and phone (both the broker and the company) still do not have an answer. Very frustrating. If I don't here from them by the end of the week I will be telling the where to put the loan and go to a different provider. I dont know how they won money magazines award for one of the best lenders 3yrs in a row!!!!!!

Brendon

BrendonBlaxland

Rate increase above those for new applications!!

I've been with Reduce Home Loans over 18 months and found the application process challenging. The support was generally good but as others have mentioned further information requests come in dribs and drabs prolonging the whole process. Overall it took about 3 months from starting the process to settlement.

However, in June this year they hiked my interest rate from 3.44% to 3.59% whilst still advertising my exact home loan for new applications at 3.49%. This is totally unacceptable - beware!

KG in BrisbaneBrisbane

At the end of the day they are just another mortgage broker

Louise Curtis

Louise CurtisBrisbane

Unprofessional and inflexible - poor experience

Hi Louise,

We are sorry to hear about your experience, can you please email us directly at info@reduceloans.com.au so can investigate your concerns and look at getting this fixed as soon as possible. Kind Regards, Reduce team.

LeighAdelaide

Start Cheap then hike Rates

Steve

SteveStdbey

Wasted 7 weeks in application time

After being told they could help with an investor loan on interest only and using parents house as guarantor for deposit, then going through righteous process of sending documents , emails and phone calls back and forth over 7 weeks, I was then told that their lender doesn’t do investor loans on interest only with parents as guarantor , they only do it for owner occupier. This could of been told at the beginning of the whole process and saved loads of wasted time. The 2 star rating is because the guy I dealt with was nice.

Caution, rate is higher than advertised

I found the signup process to be quite easy. When I signed up they offered 3.79% about 8 months ago. Since then I have had 3 rate increases, the latest just arriving in the mail and it is now 4.49%. They are currently offering 3.74% to new clients.

SunnyskiesGold Coast

Misleading and inconsistent rates

I refinanced in February. The legal fees estimated were considerably more than quoted. I went with 2 loans. 1 P&I at 3.44% and the other interest only at 3.74%. On Easter Monday 17th April they increased the Interest only loan to 3.99%. I received a letter on the 19th dated 9 days before advising they were increasing. Seriously 9 days to send a letter from the same City. Another colleague who I recommended at the time refinanced a week after mine also with the same loan structure. It is now 2nd June and his rates have not increased ! Go figure !

Reduce H.Reduce Home Loans

Hi Sunnyskies, Can you please email us your details so we can do an investigation into your file. Please email info@reduceloans.com.au. Thank you.

Sunnyskies

I emailed my details to this response on 13 June. They advised they would endevour to get back within 24 hours. It is now 19 June and still no response ! Now 10 July still no response and another interest rate rise on Interest only loan to 4.24%.

Loan rates may rise after you sign up

Loan rates are very competitive. But, note that your rates may go up after you sign up. Overall, rates are still lower compared to the big 4.

Mr Oz

Mr OzGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Lack of response

I went to the chat on the weekend to get a mobile banker to call me and hopefully come around. They confirmed that this would be ok. I called again on Tuesday as I hadn't heard anything and they told me they don't do visits . Then they agreed to call me on Thursday at 5.30pm. Thursday no phone call. Not very good service if this is what I will be experiencing. Contacted chat again and they marked urgent and would get someone to call by 9pm. That didnt happen. Will take my business elsewhere.. I would hate to want to deal with them when there is a problem.