Reduce Home Loans

Reduce Home Loans (page 2 of 2)

They won't pass the full cut rate once you become a customer

Reduce Home Loans lure you in with a competitive rate then they never pass on anywhere near the full rate cuts. I asked them about the rate cut following RBA’s announcement and they said that the full rate cuts only benefit new customers who haven't signed up yet. If you're already a customer, they don’t pass on a full rate cut irrespective of what the RBA do.
They told me that as an existing customer I would only receive a 0.1% rate decrease out of the Reserve Bank 0.25% rate cut.
Having said that, the loan manager I talked to was nice and helpful throughout the process.

Terrible experience

Kieran

KieranMelbourne

Easy to set up however rate cuts not passed in full and communication after settlement non-existent!

Home Loans

Find out how Reduce Home Loans compares to other Home Loans

Comparison rate

Your comparison rate states 3.35% the same as the actual rate. Your small print states that some fees are not included in the comparison rate and it's based on 10k over 3 yrs. legally you MUST include all fees in the comparison rate if they can be calculated upfront ($440 as stated in your fees section) and you have used the wrong example in the small print (it must be $150,000 over 25 yrs) I wonder what the regulators will think.

Reduce H.Reduce Home Loans

Yet to cut interest rates for existing customers

Reduce Home Loans recent rate cuts currently only apply to new customers. Nothing has been advised for existing customers. You will be dealing with a number of different entities (including but not limited to, Origin Mortgage, Columbus Capital, Reduce Home Loans, Mortgage Ezy and independent solicitors) making any claim for unfair treatment difficult. Be wary that they can lock you in with a low sounding rate but not cut when the RBA cuts... They also charge you a $795 discharge fee, making an exit expensive. Not worth the punt imo until they have a proven track record.

Reduce H.Reduce Home Loans

Hi Adam, I am quite confused by your comment as we do pass on the RBA Rate cuts. I would like to try and help you however 'Adam Greg' doesn't show up in our system. Can you please email info@reduceloans.com.au. Thanks.