Reelplay

See the Best Networked Media Players in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Reelplay

2.0

Your streaming box has not worked for the past 3 weeks

I believe that for reasons out of your hands, the link to the overseas streaming is congested or not working
It’s been two or three weeks with alternate poor results, Missing out on shows or continuously seeing buffering occurring on my screen

ultimately you have to somehow fix the problem or reimburse the money?

Xander Litefoot
Xander LitefootSydney Surrounds, NSW

Going out of business soon?

It seems that their service is going downhill fast, with channels disappearing, constant freezing as well as the constant buffering.
This started happening around Christmas of 2021 with a lot of my family and friends in different places and with varied internet connection methods. Every time someone calls the Sydney number of support is told that they should buy a new box, even when the box in question is less than a month old!
No real support, offering discounts and pushing sales very hard are not very good signs. Family and friends, with and without smart TVs, have found a couple of much better alternatives, that provide both sales AND support, and are interested in their customers FOR THE LONG HAUL. I will join one of them too.

Purchased in March 2020 for $350.

A Onci R.
A Onci R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This is terrible. Can't use it at all.

Don't go for the new box.
It's not working whatever you do. You can't return it or replace it. Very bad customer service.
It's just another way to collect money without giving any service.

Purchased in December 2021 for $129.

This is poor service and telephones communications

This new box doesn't work probable. Also we can't communicate with them by phone for supporting but just selling. They wants us to drive away to fix the box by our self (just one month old) instead of changing it for us by sending another box or refund our money before the warranty period will expired.
Unfortunately this new management doesn't make us continue the service. We used to have two boxes over the last years.

JPD
JPDHunter Region, NSW

Avoid Like The Plague

Purchased in January 2022 at Reelplay for $259.65.

Chantelle S
Chantelle SSydney, NSW

Very negative

Not worth a cent, cant see anything most of time buffering, though internet is strong, my laptop, mobile, printer, tablet all working wifi perfectly, they sent new box but the remote control does not work at all, promised new one never arrived. Already cancelled two contracts, and once this is over will not renew, very bad service, no support, once paid then forget about any kind of assistance or replacements.

Purchased in August 2018.

Greg L.
Greg L.Sydney, NSW

The box must come from MARS

If you want to order a box regardless it stating on their website it will be sent express post in 3-4 days , don’t expect to get your box before 2 months at least. Customer service doesn’t exist. They respond to your enquires by being sarcastic and blaming others rather then being empathetic and listening to the feedback to improve their business practices. Don’t stress yourself going with these guys pick another provider.

Purchased in November 2021 for $389.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Clara V.
Clara V.14 Feb 2022

Do Not Subscribe To Reelplay

Worst customer support on earth.
If you want support for technical assistance you will hit the wall especially if it was [Name Removed]
All what they care about is your money.
They blocked my box for 3 months

Don't Buy it. It's not working

I purchased their Italian TV programs before Xmas last year (2020). After some initial glitches, ReelPlay seemed to be working fairly well. The those glitches (i.e., interruptions of displayed shows in mid sentences with frozen images) became ever more frequent. Finally in the last week, it has become almost impossible to watch any show because of frozen broadcast every a few seconds of viewing. I would like to add that only recently, I ventured to renew my subscription for another 6 months, to April 2021.
Clearly, I will not renew my sub any further, unless there would be a very marked improvement in ReelPlay broadcasting. Our NBN speed is about 41-59 mb/sec

Purchased in December 2020.

assistance

I had three subs now two subscriptions, two boxes unfortunately no support, no phone numbers to call for assistance, and if I call a shop there is always an excuse not to answer... it is not their job..... as for the renewal of the box before end december, I phoned more times of course no one answered just registration, then kept on the line for over 20 minutes at times only annoying music. It is not really nice of them to sell and then no more support..... quick to sell but stops there. More times no connection though my internet power and speed increased and not diminished.... .. is there a possibility to find support when it is not working or when one needs more info......... disappointed from the service.

Andy.ReelplaySend a private message
medo
medo

Slow does not respond at all

Don’t buy this scam , slow and poor even with 100mb per second nbn . Does not connection well with wifi or Ethernet . I am really disappointed . I selected the Italian package

Purchased in August 2021 for $180.

Poor customer service. FInd another provider if possible

I purchased a remote from their website, only to find out I could have bought from the reseller in my area. No one from Reelplay told me that i have access to a reseller, instead, they took advantage of the situation and sold me the remote. I had to also pay an additional $25 for shipping since the remote is coming from wherever to Canada. When I try speaking to customer support, no one is helpful. They are argumentative and focused on being right rather than helping.

Purchased in February 2021 for $75.

Stephen Voukidis
Stephen VoukidisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bad customer service, rude and unhelpful. Some technical issues

Overall the viewing is good but has some technical issues once in a while and the stupid 7 day rewind doesn’t work either at times . Very hard to get a hold of these guys with basically no customer service and if you do they are not very helpful . If it wasn’t for my mum I wouldn’t have any thing to do with these type of people.

Purchased in January 2019 for $240.

Wael Hammoud
Wael HammoudGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very bad service

Bad service.. and 3 other friends are having the same problems i’m having. Barry from customer service is the worst, not helpful and very rude in his messages. Wont renew for sure.

bad service

bad service and hard to get hold of anyone. I rather be able to talk to someone than chat. tenico support possible you iternet bushit MY INTRNET SPEED 50MS. Upgraded to the new box ?????? and I can’t go forward or rewind anymore and I wouldn’t recommend it anyone.