Regal Removals

Regal Removals

See the Best Furniture Removalists in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

I used Cobb & Co (owned by same company) - excellent experience

I recently moved some old inherited furniture from Perth to Melbourne. I thought I was using a different company but realised I had booked through Cobb & Co, and they were associated with other trading names including Regal Removals.
They picked up my furniture from the Perth suburbs within 48 hours. I was kept regularly informed of the progress. The removalists put the furniture and goods in the truck with care (I watched and helped them).
I should point out that I carefully packed and protected all the goods as I wanted to take some of my own responsibility.
I received SMS notification during the week that my goods would be delivered within the week (on a Saturday which was perfect for me). I was again kept informed of the delivery time and two very friendly gentleman took care removing my furniture, and offered to place it in my house if I wanted. They had to unload other furniture to get to mine and they did this with care. I noticed that the other owners did not wrap their own furniture at all - luckily it looked in perfect condition!
My furniture arrived perfectly.
Overall, an excellent experience and an affordable service. Is it ok for me to say that people should take some of their own responsibility when packing their furniture?

Absolutely disgusting company

We moved from Queensland to
Victoria and booked our move with Regal Removalists. We were advised that our things would be collected between the 3rd-5th of January so we booked our flights on the 7th. Our things were not picked up until the 9th and not delivered in Victoria until the 16th. No phone calls whatsoever to let us know, we kept having to call up each day to find out what was going on and they were always very vague and unhelpful on the phone. The removalists were careless, many of our boxes were turned upside down, and some boxes had clearly been dropped as they were broken. We went to great care and costs protecting our things and had bubble wrapped many of our items. When we recieved our things in Victoria our washing machine had the bubble wrap taken off it it and it was stuffed inside the washing machine for no apparent reason. Very unhappy. Would never recommend or use this company ever again.

Not the quality they promote

With my move, a few items got damaged. I took out insurance for Fire, Overturning, Collision.
The movers took photos of the damaged goods and said that they spoke to the owner and they will sort it out for me. "I do not have to worry" they said.
I sent an email explaining in exact detail the damage with accompanying photos. The email response I got back from them was a one liner, no hi, no name: "Just looking at your file, it seems as though you only have cover for loss, rather than damage?"

They arrived a day early to pick up my furniture, which means they could potentially make more money, and still they did not even try and resolve any of the damaged caused by the movers.

They also moved my daughter's furniture about a year ago and they were a day late.

Do your homework before you choose this company.
Friendly guys on truck, but not trained and/or careful enough
They do not take good care of your furniture, and management cares less about the damage they cause