Regency FG39

Regency FG39 Questions & Answers

13 questions from our users

Janieasked

This model has the best reviews for heating efficiency - although I have a large modern room and was wanting to have it built in like the city series style - it this possible with the FG39 series?

Regency F.Regency

Dear Janie, thankyou for your query. If you're looking to heat a larger area with a unit built in to a wall or similar we suggest looking at the Greenfire series as that is the best heat output from that style. Please check out our range here https://www.regency-fire.com.au/Products/Gas/Gas-Fireplaces

Janie

Thanks very much for the info

Ron T.

Ron T.asked

Pilot light will not light if start pilot with lighter will not stay on when releasing pilot knob

Peter W.asked

I have a Regency FG39 but my remote is dead and I believe a replacement is costly?
Does the heater needs recalibrating with a new remote?
Peter1908

Regency F.Regency

Hi Peter, a new remote retails at $369. It does need to be paired to the unit when installed which is a very quick procedure and can be easily done following the instruction. It is just a button sequence that needs to be entered. Hope this helps!

Peter W.

Thanks Regency I realised my model is a FG38!

Judeasked

Can anyone help me understand how to get my heater’s program mode to activate? I’ve followed the instructions on the remote so that it turns on in the morning before I get up to warm the place up, but it won’t turn on. Am I supposed to turn it off the night before a special way? Regency haven’t been able to help answer the question and I’ve tried to follow the manual. Has anyone else got this operating?

Evol

We use ours in manual mode, however we did have a problem with the controller and a tech came out and changed the controler for us. I called Regency directly, the Dandenong Sth office in Vic.

Hi Jude, Thankyou for your query -

Here's some advice that may be able to assist -
The time and day of the week need to be set correctly If this is not correct then system will not work as intended. Programs “Day”, “Time” and “Temperatures” all need to be set.

It is also important to note if you turn the system off by the ON/OFF button you will bypass the program.
Example, if a heater is programmed to turn off at 3pm, and you go out at 2pm and want the system to turn off, hit the “ON/OFF” button (overriding the program), the system will not automatically turn back on at the next predetermined set time.

To reactivate, you will need to turn the system back on again. This function is inbuilt into the control for times when the home owner wishes the system to stay off for extended periods e.g. (Holidays or extended absences from home). If you need further assistance, our tech team will be more than happy to advise you further - give them a call on 03 9799 7277. Best of luck!

Jude

Thankyou for responding. So when I go To bed at night and turn off my heater manually, what do I do so that it will turn on in the morning at the programmed time?

Victoria C.

Victoria C.asked

Why after the gas runs out is our heater so hard to restart?

Evol

Do mean, after it goes off because the temp is reached? Our gas supply is main. Try putting the control on manual not auto.

Hans

Hansasked

Do I need a separate PowerPoint and where should it be directly behind and dose it need a separate isolator switch

Evol

Hans, ours is plugged into the double power point that was there before the installation, we had no electrical work done, however I think it best you direct this type of question, directly with the supplier.

Hennyasked

How do you take the glass of to clean the heater and also where do you buy new logs. Also how often do you need to replace logs

Hi Henny
I've never opened the heater to clean glass, I have no buildup or staining. The logs are very expensive to replace, and you can get them from Regency. According to the instruction book, they last the life of the heater. Personally I have no intention of opening the heater to clean, only vacuum and dust the outside. Very happy with the performance of the heater, have it 3 seasons now.

Garry

Garryasked

our Fire Genie remote control for our F38 has failed. We bought the fire in 2009 and is operating well but it has to be started and adjusted manually Can we get a new remote control for this fire

Jessica M.Regency

Hi Gary,
Your closest store will be able to assist you with purchasing a new remote. To find your closest store simply put your postcode in our store locator. Any other questions please let us know. www.regency-fire.com.au/Buyer-s-Guide/Store-Locator

Katasked

Hello
We are looking to purchase this heater and wanted an update from those who wrote a review on this product (as the last review was written 7 months ago!). Have you had any issues and were there any things you wished the heater could do (which doesn't)? Does it maintain a constant temperature (once it reaches the set temp)?
Thanks!

Evol

Kat, we have had this heater one winter and gas bill dropped a third compared to ducted heating. Once the temp is set, it'll maintain that. It's a lovely even temp throughout the house, no draughts, no noise. No hesitation to recommend. Must get control device.

Kat

Thank you Evol I really appreciate your response. We will definitely look to include the remote as well as it has been recommended by several stores to have this for temperature control.

Geoff

Geoffasked

Trying to get a handle on costs of running a gas heater. We are in southern Tas and get snow every now and again. Snowing outside now :) We have a wood heater and use around 5.5 tonnes per year. Working on some figures above for gas consumption (38Mj/19Mj) if we ran the heater on high for 2 hours and low for 14 hours per day the monthly cost for running the heater comes to $564! in a cold year we might use our heater for 8 months. That works out to $4500 per year vs a bit over $700 for wood. Does this sound right??

king_45

My heater is progammed to come on at 6:00 am and raises the inside temperature from 11 degrees to 19 by 7:00am. Outside is -1 to 0. It then runs on low manually for the rest of the day keeping the temperature of two rooms at 22 , the outside being between 4 and 8. the useage for the first half of winter was 10167mj costing $318 after discount and for the second half 19519mj costing $552.after discount.

Jane Wilkinson

Jane Wilkinsonasked

I am thinking of changing from a wood heater to gas. I am on LPG and wondered how many bottles I might go through in a month? I am considering the Regency F39

Nudge

The regency F39 burns 38mj on high and maybe 18mj on low.

Using this info from elgas

and working on a 45kg bottle giving 2200mj

58 hours on high and 115 hours on low per bottle.

So if you work out how many hours you run your heater you can figure out how many bottles you're likely to use.

rob

robasked

I am trying to compare the F38/F39 to a Rinnai sapphire freestanding floor model and would like gas inputMJ/h, kw output.

40mj
8.4 kw.
Having had a Rinnai which was awful and looking to replace it with another Rinnai because it was the only heater on the market I found Regency and the reviews convinced me to stay away from Rinnai and go with Regency I could not be happier.

rob

robasked

What area will the FG39 heat?

king_45

It heats my whole small three bedroom house and I live in a cold climate some snow falls. It is the only heater I need in the house.

Nudge

The following is a rough guide and is dependent on your insulation level and materials.
All things being perfect Regency say it will heat up to 12 to 14 squares which is 111 - 130 square metres.

Kiwi29
Kiwi29

The FG39 is dead set awesome. We have it in a large open plan kitchen / lounge and it has absolutely no problem warming it up. I'd say the whole area is around 60sq.m with cathedral style ceiling. We've had for a while now and it still works perfectly and looks great.

Get an answer from our members and Regency representatives