4Reid Condor

65% · 115 · 29%

Expectant
ExpectantSydney, NSW4 posts

Excellent value for money

This bicycle for the price is excellent. Bought it, eyes wide open, as a partner to my older but still kicking Roadmaster 12 speed purchased when I was 19 (now 58). Tyres wear. Tubes puncture. Gears require adjustment. Learn maintenance. It's part of the experience. I have changed the pedals to add toe clips and changed the saddle, not that there was anything wrong with the one supplied. I lost the pump somewhere but I wasn't surprised. The mounting bracket is a bit av. First-world problem. Pleased overall with my purchase.
Reisender B.
Reisender B.Sydney, NSW

Fantastic road bike

Very helpful on my training in the Blue mountain for the Easter run last year. I never encountered any problem and I think it depends on how you take care of your stuff. This Reid Condor served me well. Lightweight and fast bike. Show details
Zane
ZaneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC8 posts

Beware of Workmanship

My son bought a brand new Reid Condor after trying out his friend's bicycle. After putting it together he road tested it only to find that the front brake cables were NOT connected As the brakes is all nicely wrapped up, there is no way for him to fix the issue but to return the bicycle. When he contacted the North Melbourne office, he was told to return the bicycle himself when the bicycle is clearly a major safety liability. Hence please double check your bicycle and ensure it is safe before taking it on a road test.

Show details

T.A. Rose
T.A. RoseSouth East Queensland, QLD7 posts
Dan Meek4 posts
RMB
RMBVic, 313316 posts

Faz
FazGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Pedals came out in first two weeks

The bike has low quality... cheap for a reason. No good warranty. They charged me $15 to fix and intentionally kept me in store for over 30 min while they said it takes 5 min. So not a good experience. North melbourne store by the way. I won't buy again.

Show details

Nathan
Nathan3 posts

Moff
Moff2 posts

Youtube gotta love it

I've got a second hand Condor, I ride pretty much 35km a day and have had it almost two weeks!

I've adjusted my gears thanx to tutorials on yiutube....changed the brake pads as I didn't like the other ones and it's a great bike to enter into road cycling.

Eventually I'll upgrade to a what should I say more sufisticated bike but to get fit, get fresh air and have some fun it's the best $100 I've spent in a long time

Clif
Clif

Don't buy if you are over 80Kg!

The wheels on this bike are complete garbage. I've had the spokes break on it so many times that I can't even ride it any more (usually about every second or third time I rode it). The service people at the Reid in Camperdown (besides being quite rude) informed me that they are only graded to 90kg. I find this rather strange considering they are selling large and XL versions of this bike. I am a big guy (about 86Kg). Because broken spokes are considered wear and tear, I've had to pay to have them fixed.

I informed one of the service people at Reid that I just wanted the bike to be reliable and no kidding, he actually laughed. So clearly, they know that this is a sub-quality bike.

Katrina
KatrinaPerth, Western Australia2 posts

james
james2 posts

Love my condor

Iv had my condor for about a year now and have never had a major problem with it, great bike for a great price and all the guys and girls in the Melbourne store have always been very helpful. I would highly recommend this bike for any first time road bike rider Thank you Reid cycles.
price
Sunnybank
SunnybankSouth East Queensland, QLD22 posts

CoralieR
CoralieRSydney, NSW2 posts

Great bike, some problems, average customer service

This bike's been really great, apart from the gears aren't working well after about 2 months and when I change above 5th gear the chain comes off. I also had to take my bike in after the first month to be adjusted because the spokes bent.

The bike is great for a beginner cyclist and at a better price than any others I've seen.

It's always understaffed in their Glebe store and I'm not convinced their staff are properly trained/have deep knowledge of their products.

I will be taking the bike back to the store to have the gears looked at.
Cheap
Customer service, gears causing problems Show reply

Joel3385
Joel3385AU

Fly with the Condor

Value for Money!!!!

Ive purchased bikes in the past but this tops the lot. Sure it's the lowest spec street bike you can get but it's pros definitely outweighs its cons. Reid even delivered to my work and I could assemble the whole bike with the tool kit provided. They even included a padlock and chain, water bottle, night lights and multitool delivered for under $300. All I had to do was wheel it to the servo to pump up the tyres. Awesome. Thanks Reid, everyone at work was impressed.
Value for money