4Reid Osprey

Reid Osprey

3.7

15 reviews · Statistics

67%13%20%
See the Best Road Bikes in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Ryan M.
Ryan M.

Dangerous

Within 1 year of purchase we had two of three bikes fail. The entire rear gear selector broke off and jammed into the wheel whilst my son was riding- TWICE Show details
Michael H.
Michael H.WAPerth, WA

My first commute bicycle

I bought the flat bar model in November 2014. I started commuting with it, 27 km/day, rain or shine. It worked a treat. I did have some broken spokes but these were fixed easily. I did over 20,000km with this bicycle. Last year I had the gears rebuilt and it still is a great bicycle. In the mean time my office moved and now I do 40km each day. The flat bar was not comfortable enough so I upgraded to a Reid Granite.
The Osprey is my backup bicycle for when anything is wrong with the granite.
I added clip in pedals and also bar ends to change hand positioning and I wore out one saddle.
It rides very light and has responsive steering. Stops well. Show details
Gif
Gif3055Victoria, 305525 posts

Avoid ! Reid the cheap ultra low quality bike brand

If you buy a Reid bike expect a cheap poor quality bike, that will give you endless problems resulting in the expensive repair costs that wont last .

You get what you pay for. with Reid you get complete garbage! Show details

HenryNSWSydney, NSW9 posts

Yusufs outdoorsVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC83 posts

A good bike for what I need

I have owned this bike for over 5 years it was given to me as a gift I have not had much problem's with it I am not a professional cyclist I do maybe a 20 km ride ever now and again I have done 50 km with it on a charity event. It is a cheap but reliable bike and I would recommend one of these to anyone who like to ride for lesure of fitness it is comfortable to ride and easy to operate just make sure if you buy a bike a proper bike fit is a must I service it and maintain it myself which is relatively easy if your into a bit of diy overall it's a good bike and value for money

Show details

Chris D.VICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC7 posts

Brilliant Bike !

I wanted the cheapest way possible of getting into road riding. I thought this bike was too good to be true, but true it is.

I changed the pedals to clip ins and added a quick release collar to the seat post and that's it. I have done about 2500 km on this bike without any issues mentioned by others in this forum.

It is very fast, very light, I find it very comfortable.

The only "issue" which I only mention in the name of full disclosure is that the brake cable has rubbed off the paint work at the top of the fork !

I think I may buy the next specification up when I replace this one in a few years.

Very Very happy.

PareshVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC8 posts

Steve
StevePerth3 posts

Bag of [censored word removed]

Started out well for the first few months, then riding to work the chain snapped. Replaced that and a few months later the spokes on the rear wheel gave out. Replaced with a new wheel set. Should have just spent the money and got a decent bike, I only ride to work and back, 10Km a day, these things shouldn't have happened in this short amount of time.

Reid Cycles

Reid Cycles   DM
Ryan
Ryan

Great Value - Happy Osprey customer

I also bought an Osprey back in about 2012, and I've done a few thousand km's on it now and its still doing fine. Wheels are great, seat is comfy, brakes work fine. The gears are ok, sometimes when changing gears I tap once, and nothing happens, then I need to tap a second time but then the gear goes up twice... This is probably because they are entry level Shimano gearing, and perhaps need to be serviced. All the same, for the price you pay, you get a great bike, that feels and looks the part. Highly recommend as a first time roady.

David
David

Good budget bike

Bought an Osprey to commute to work, it works great, great features, smooth ride, nice and light, was making weird noises when I first got it, took it back and they fixed it up without hassles, they are rather busy though, I am only free after work so I wouldnt get there until after 6pm and there are always people there, try and get there early if you can

Jeff
Jeff

Faultless

Seamless service from start to finish had me on my new Osprey a few days after walking into the store. The bike is better than I'd hoped - light, fast, smooth. Went for flat bars, still getting used to how hard the tyres are but also how good the brakes are. Gears easy. Really impressed, except I'm getting to work too early.

Barry7
Barry7AU6 posts

Out Standing Product, Price & Customer Service

Hi all,

Before I start, I am in no way affiliated with Reid Cycles, I am a single customer.

I purchased a 2012 Osprey, and to be totally honest I love the ride, feel and comfort of the bike. When tell people how much I paid for the bike, people's jaws broke to the floor.

I challenge anyone to find a better product on the market for the same price, thanks so much to the team at Reid Cycles, if only you knew how much enjoyment my bike has brought me.
inexpensive, components, weight, look etc.
 Show 2 replies

tas66
tas66AU2 posts

Very happy Osprey customer

My son has been busting a gut to update and get right into a bit of road riding. I purchased the Osprey road bike for him and he hasn't been home since. He loves it and is always riding it. Great customer service, bike arrived about 3 days after ordering it in perfect condition. Great features for $500 bike.
Inexpensive high quality entry level bike for 14 year old

Mathew M.
Mathew M.

Price?

Henry

I got it for ~$600 many years ago. Check their website for latest bike and price

Chris D.

I bought mine for $471 about 4 years ago. Great deal.
The 2020 version of this bike is showing on the Reid website today as $649.99.

yoga_rider

Me and my girlfriend are riding from sydney to cairns, she will have about 16 kg of baggage on her bike. We have Reid Osprey Elite for her and it is the small as she is 5 2".

It has the standard tires, my question is: Will Hybrid tires fit on the stock rims and in the frame?

Since its such a long journey and there are so many unknown road conditions id like her to have more durable tires with more grip. Any suggestions or info would be great! Thanks

yoga_rider

Thank you Henry, I'm sure it will be fantastic regardless of optimization.
Cheers

Yusufs outdoors

No the rims will not fit the tyres you are after. You will have to see if the correct rims for the tyres you want will fit onto the bike. It will be a trial and error thing.

Chester Jim P
Chester Jim P

Size of frame of your size medium?

Yusufs outdoors

Yes it's a medium but pick a size that suits you

CategoryRoad Bikes