Reid Cycles Physical Store

Reid Cycles Physical Store

Sydney, North Melbourne, Perth, etc...

3.3

bradley

bradleySouth East Queensland, QLD

You get what you pay for

Store LocationWoolloongabba
David

DavidPerth

Poor quality. 4 warranty claims.

I bought a bicycle from Reid Cycles. In the year I've owned it, it's continually had problems. From vibrating pedals to grinding sounds in the drive train. So far they've admitted that they assembled the bicycle incorrectly which caused the vibrating pedals. For the grinding sound when pedalling, they've said that the grease inside the drive train has disappeared which has caused the drive train to rust away internally. So far I've made 4 warranty claims yet still have problem after problem. I'm now going to the Department of Consumer Protection and the ACCC to get this sorted. It's been a huge pain and a massive annoyance. I just wish I had a bike that worked.

Store LocationPerth
OId Boy

OId BoyPerth, WA

Excellent service, great value for money

Excellent service from the team at Reid Balcatta. Thanks Brodie for the prompt and educated service/advice. No hanging around or wait time. My daughter was delighted with her new cruiser and I walked away with a new bike too. Looking forward to practicing my monos on the new bike.

Store LocationBalcatta

Unhappycustomer

UnhappycustomerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Paid for services but wondering if much was done???

Michael

Michael

Perfect bullet proof commuter bike - Reid Urban X3

James

JamesPerth, WA

Childs bike gear broke in two weeks

My 11 year old son saved up for a mountain bike. We went to the Balcatta store and put a deposit down on a 'charcoal' mountain bike. We received a call to pick up the bike and once in store found the bike to be blue. My son was a little upset but accepted the colour after offered a free tool bag ($15).
After two weeks, the gears broke at the wheel and chain snapped. I took the bike in and was told that was not covered under warranty.
My son is very upset and now need to take elsewhere and repair the broken gears.
Be very wary of these cheap bikes and non service of warranty.

Store LocationBalcatta
Ken

KenSydney, NSW

Poor Customer Service

Purchased the MTB Pro on Monday 22nd June online after being told by the Sydney store that it could be ready for collection within 2 days. Called them on Thursday 25th June - phone in Sydney office either doesn't get picked up or is on busy dial tone. When I did get through I got put on hold for 18 minutes until I got fed up and hung up. I then wrote to the support email to ask for an update. All the reply said was that things are delayed due to the current circumstances (Covid ?). Strange because they sent an email out to say 3000 new bikes had arrived. Until now Friday 26th June I am still waiting for a reply.

Store LocationOnline Purchase for pickup at NSW
Charul

CharulGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pathetic Buying and after service

Store LocationReid Melbourne

Awesome service at Reid Cycles Balcatta

I just want to say I was very happy with the service and staff at Reid cycles balcatta they were very helpful and assembled my bike in a timely manner. I love my new bike very easy to ride as it is light but still very sturdy.

Store LocationBalcatta, Perth, WA

Matt

Matt

Ordered online

The store in Adelaide do not answer their phone. I left a message but no return of call. I’m sure they will say, as has been response in other reviews, we are busy like that’s a reason to drop any service?

My husband purchased a bike online for me. Bike was too big for me, contacted Reid Cycles via email & they sent exchanger/refund terms. I rang Nth Melb. store, said bring bike in which we did. Exchanged the bike, no problems & excellent customer service, via phone & in store.

You be the judge

Store LocationAdelaide CBD
Chris

ChrisMelbourne

Terrible service to fix faulty new bike

Bought a brand new mountain bike, have only ridden it four times and one of the pedals feel off, I drop it off for repair in December and its now February and they still haven't done anything!
Have emailed them and phoned a few times, they say they don't have any cranks in stock and will have to order them but in the almost 2 months my bike has been in the shop they still haven't placed an order!

Nilantha

NilanthaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor after sales service

Store LocationNorth Melbourne

Cheap quality and bad service. Stay Away.

Bought the Urban X3 wanting a reliable commuter. Bike let me down twice in a three months. First the crank/pedal came completely off whilst riding. Second the chain/rear derailer got caught in the rear wheel and caused over $300 worth of damage and Reid won't take responsibility for this. Their response is that if I am not going to pay for them to fix their issue then to come and collect the bike because it is taking up workshop space. What a complete waste of money. Best to spend a little more on a brand that will give you a bike that will last at least a year and look after you on the road.

Markus

MarkusBrisbane

Not worth your time or money

Sad Panda

Sad PandaAdelaide

Bike left me injured after manufacturing fault and took over 3 months to get bike fixed.

Alex

AlexBrisbane

Bike broke first day - they wont replace it

After just a few KM my wheel broke. Reid confirmed the part was faulty but say they can't send me a new wheel for at least a month... dont you sell wheels?

ozphys

ozphysadelaide

Perfect bike!

Bought my urban X2 bike to start riding again after 10years of non riding. Am so happy with my slick matte black bike!I got So comfortable to ride and fast! Just using the bike to recreational riding by myself or with my 5yr old son. I'd received good customer service and advice from Reid cycle shop. Great value for what you get in a bike. Highly recommended!

Federico

FedericoSutherland

Great bikes

I have bought two bikes from Reid, one Reid Falco and one Reid Xenon. I have been using them for more than 2 years and I am extremely satisfied. They work perfectly and they were very cheap.