Reid Cycles Physical Store

Reid Cycles Physical Store

Sydney, North Melbourne, Perth, etc...

Gerald

GeraldPerth, WA

Excellent Service

Purchased my Pulse Reid E-Bike at Balcatta a week before they dropped the price by $200. Rang Reid (Pascal) and asked for a price adjustment. (not really expecting a positive outcome!). However Pascal arranged the whole $200 refund with no fuss. Really chuffed with the bike as well! A well priced, mid range E-Bike

Janaka Dissanayake

Janaka DissanayakeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pathetic after sales service

Lovena

LovenaPerth, WA

Vintage in Perth

I bought a bike online, made a mess of things with the expected timing of delivery. I phoned up the WA store where Pascal not only changed the colour of my order (thanks for making it so easy), he put my vintage bicycle together and I had it in my hands days earlier than expected. This is actually the third time I’ve bought from Reid Cycles... I gave away my first bike due to moving, the second was a Mother’s Day present for my Mum and lucky number three is for me of course! Seven years between my first and last bike... I’d happily recommend Reid Cycles (the Perth store in particular)!

Aaron M.

Aaron M.Illawarra, NSW

Buyer Beware Dogy sales practices and terrible customer service

Anderson M.

Anderson M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible experience

bradley

bradleySouth East Queensland, QLD

You get what you pay for

David

DavidPerth

Poor quality. 4 warranty claims.

I bought a bicycle from Reid Cycles. In the year I've owned it, it's continually had problems. From vibrating pedals to grinding sounds in the drive train. So far they've admitted that they assembled the bicycle incorrectly which caused the vibrating pedals. For the grinding sound when pedalling, they've said that the grease inside the drive train has disappeared which has caused the drive train to rust away internally. So far I've made 4 warranty claims yet still have problem after problem. I'm now going to the Department of Consumer Protection and the ACCC to get this sorted. It's been a huge pain and a massive annoyance. I just wish I had a bike that worked.

OId Boy

OId BoyPerth, WA

Excellent service, great value for money

Excellent service from the team at Reid Balcatta. Thanks Brodie for the prompt and educated service/advice. No hanging around or wait time. My daughter was delighted with her new cruiser and I walked away with a new bike too. Looking forward to practicing my monos on the new bike.

Store LocationBalcatta
Unhappycustomer

UnhappycustomerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Paid for services but wondering if much was done???

Michael

Michael

Perfect bullet proof commuter bike - Reid Urban X3

James

JamesPerth, WA

Childs bike gear broke in two weeks

My 11 year old son saved up for a mountain bike. We went to the Balcatta store and put a deposit down on a 'charcoal' mountain bike. We received a call to pick up the bike and once in store found the bike to be blue. My son was a little upset but accepted the colour after offered a free tool bag ($15).
After two weeks, the gears broke at the wheel and chain snapped. I took the bike in and was told that was not covered under warranty.
My son is very upset and now need to take elsewhere and repair the broken gears.
Be very wary of these cheap bikes and non service of warranty.

Ken

KenSydney, NSW

Poor Customer Service

Purchased the MTB Pro on Monday 22nd June online after being told by the Sydney store that it could be ready for collection within 2 days. Called them on Thursday 25th June - phone in Sydney office either doesn't get picked up or is on busy dial tone. When I did get through I got put on hold for 18 minutes until I got fed up and hung up. I then wrote to the support email to ask for an update. All the reply said was that things are delayed due to the current circumstances (Covid ?). Strange because they sent an email out to say 3000 new bikes had arrived. Until now Friday 26th June I am still waiting for a reply.

Charul

CharulGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pathetic Buying and after service

Awesome service at Reid Cycles Balcatta

I just want to say I was very happy with the service and staff at Reid cycles balcatta they were very helpful and assembled my bike in a timely manner. I love my new bike very easy to ride as it is light but still very sturdy.

Matt

Matt

Ordered online

The store in Adelaide do not answer their phone. I left a message but no return of call. I’m sure they will say, as has been response in other reviews, we are busy like that’s a reason to drop any service?

Find out how Reid Cycles Physical Store compares to other Bike Shops

My husband purchased a bike online for me. Bike was too big for me, contacted Reid Cycles via email & they sent exchanger/refund terms. I rang Nth Melb. store, said bring bike in which we did. Exchanged the bike, no problems & excellent customer service, via phone & in store.

You be the judge

Chris

ChrisMelbourne

Terrible service to fix faulty new bike

Bought a brand new mountain bike, have only ridden it four times and one of the pedals feel off, I drop it off for repair in December and its now February and they still haven't done anything!
Have emailed them and phoned a few times, they say they don't have any cranks in stock and will have to order them but in the almost 2 months my bike has been in the shop they still haven't placed an order!

Nilantha

NilanthaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor after sales service

Store LocationNorth Melbourne

Cheap quality and bad service. Stay Away.

Bought the Urban X3 wanting a reliable commuter. Bike let me down twice in a three months. First the crank/pedal came completely off whilst riding. Second the chain/rear derailer got caught in the rear wheel and caused over $300 worth of damage and Reid won't take responsibility for this. Their response is that if I am not going to pay for them to fix their issue then to come and collect the bike because it is taking up workshop space. What a complete waste of money. Best to spend a little more on a brand that will give you a bike that will last at least a year and look after you on the road.