Reid Cycles WA, Perth

Reid Cycles WA, Perth

3.3

David

DavidPerth

Poor quality. 4 warranty claims.

I bought a bicycle from Reid Cycles. In the year I've owned it, it's continually had problems. From vibrating pedals to grinding sounds in the drive train. So far they've admitted that they assembled the bicycle incorrectly which caused the vibrating pedals. For the grinding sound when pedalling, they've said that the grease inside the drive train has disappeared which has caused the drive train to rust away internally. So far I've made 4 warranty claims yet still have problem after problem. I'm now going to the Department of Consumer Protection and the ACCC to get this sorted. It's been a huge pain and a massive annoyance. I just wish I had a bike that worked.

Store LocationPerth
OId Boy

OId BoyPerth, WA

Excellent service, great value for money

Excellent service from the team at Reid Balcatta. Thanks Brodie for the prompt and educated service/advice. No hanging around or wait time. My daughter was delighted with her new cruiser and I walked away with a new bike too. Looking forward to practicing my monos on the new bike.

Store LocationBalcatta
James

JamesPerth, WA

Childs bike gear broke in two weeks

My 11 year old son saved up for a mountain bike. We went to the Balcatta store and put a deposit down on a 'charcoal' mountain bike. We received a call to pick up the bike and once in store found the bike to be blue. My son was a little upset but accepted the colour after offered a free tool bag ($15).
After two weeks, the gears broke at the wheel and chain snapped. I took the bike in and was told that was not covered under warranty.
My son is very upset and now need to take elsewhere and repair the broken gears.
Be very wary of these cheap bikes and non service of warranty.

Store LocationBalcatta

Awesome service at Reid Cycles Balcatta

I just want to say I was very happy with the service and staff at Reid cycles balcatta they were very helpful and assembled my bike in a timely manner. I love my new bike very easy to ride as it is light but still very sturdy.

Store LocationBalcatta, Perth, WA

Love my bike

I bought my Reid Falco Advanced six months ago from the Perth store. Since then I have clocked up hundreds of kms on it and its never broken a sweat. For $700 it came with Shimano 105 gearing - couldn't get better value for money anywhere. I have taken it for servicing several times (which was free) and the staff have been sensational. As a newbie cyclist when I bought this I planned to go buy a fancy more expensive brand bike if I enjoyed cycling but now I'm looking into one of the Vantage series Reid bikes just for the value for money and service that comes with it. Would recommend 10/10.

Bike ok. Missing and defective parts. Poor customer service.

Craig

CraigPerth

Poor after sales service

Jason

Jason

Very good bike but terrible customer service

I bought the bike 6 months ago, really like it. However the customer service I experienced today at Perth store was terrible. I was trying to do my first after sale service and realised I should have booked in before I come. While doing a booking, the staff was very rude. When I asked whether he wants to see my membership card for the booking, he replied "Oh do you have a membership? I don't". When I asked for the available time, he said "any" but was laughing at me when I was trying 9 in the morning as they open at 10. I believe I would go somewhere else for my future purchase.

David F.Reid Cycles

Hi Jason. Apologies for this experience. I am sure the staff member meant no offense. The Manager has been informed of your review and we will look at improvement.

Adam

AdamPerth

Great Value!!!

Recently purchased a mountain bike and ladies vintage bike for myself and my wife from the Balcatta store. We are very impressed with the quality of the bikes considering the price. Then purchased a baby seat to go on the back so we could take our 2 year old on family rides. After a month of riding everything is great. The salesmen were knowledgable and helpful without being pushy. Overall we are extremely happy with the whole experience.
Price, quality

David F.Reid Cycles

Thanks Adam. Enjoy the bikes!

miles

milesBrisbane

Awesome bikes

I've recently moved to Perth for work, and I thought it would be a good idea to buy a bike to explore my new city, my brother bought a couple of bikes from the Brisbane store last year, one for himself and a lady's bike for his girlfriend and they both love them. He told me there's is a store in Perth, so I went to have a look, all the bikes looked awesome and some where really quirky, though I didn't have a clue what to get as I don't no much about bikes.. the staff where extremely helpful and I ended up buying a city 2 which is awesome! its a great road bike and its really good at handling light off road tracks, so it suits me really well and it will be an excellent tool to use to get in better shape.
Inexpensive, great for fittness

Elyse

Elyse

Amazing!

Thank you so much to the guys at the Perth store who assisted me the other week. Absolutely wonderful service and very friendly, even though the store was rather busy. My bike was assembled in a flash and all adjustments made. I love my new vintage bike - there were so many colours to chose from. And it didn't break the bank! I know I will definitely be sending family and friends your way. Keep up the great service :)

David F.Reid Cycles

Thanks Elyse. The guys appreciate the recognition.

toni

toniperth

Devestated customer

I ordered a bike just after christmas for my daughters birthday. i was promise that it would be in before the 22nd of january and now three weeks after my daughters birthday i am still waiting on the bike. i have called several times and they have said the shipment had been delayed but the bike would be in stock within the next two dauys.
furious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Poor communication, bad customer service

Mel

MelPerth

Terrible service poor quality

Cheap but not cheerful! I purchased 2 bikes for my teenagers through the Balcatta store & I now wish I had spent the extra $ and gone elsewhere. There is no after sales service, just excuses & false promises to call you back. The only solution is to front up at the store, make some noise then you might get your shoddily put together bike fixed...might. And don't hand over any $ up front, you will never get what you ordered. Cheap is cheap for a reason, I have learnt my lesson. Would never recommend these bikes or store to friends.
Initially price
Bad service, poor quality.

Terrible Customer Service at Perth Balcatta Store

Ann

AnnPerth

Reid Vintage Bikes

Absolutely appalling service! Happy to take deposit and promised to be ready by christmas. Called everyday & no answer. Finally contacted & then arrogantly states "bike is not in all sold out!" what??? Informed us prior that bikes have arrived! Disgusting perth branch!!!! Do not purchase through reid cycles balcatta!!!! Go elsewhere or you will be disappointed!

Bad Customer Service filled with lies

Falco Road Bike- Nice starter bike

Dana

Dana

Happy Cyclist

Bought my reid condor bike at the Perth store, I've had it for 5 months and for the price I paid ($230 on sale), it's done me well. I've done 22 rides so far, approx. 18km/ride and a 50km ride. It started making funny noises after the big ride so I took it in on a Sunday expecting to have to pick it up the following Sunday (they only service bikes during weekdays) but they serviced it for me straightaway! Was really happy about this as it's a long way for me to travel.

All in all, decent bike for what you pay and great service.

Ilukasue

Ilukasue

Bicycle advertised on same day not available!

Found a cruiser cycle advertised on Gumtree Today (advertisement date Today) for $199. Raced down to buy one only to find none in stock and none expected in stock for three weeks. I would call this false advertising since it was advertised as available on Gumtree Today. Very disappointing, will not shop here in future!
Great deal if only available!
Item advertised but not available on the day!

David F.Reid Cycles

Hi spetersen. Which store was this? We have stock of these bikes in the company so they must have just sold out in that store. Please email david@reidcycles.com.au

Impressive

Reid has the best service, every time.