1.0

• Return Claim MadeYes (5) · No
bradley

bradleySouth East Queensland, QLD

You get what you pay for

Store LocationWoolloongabba
David

DavidPerth

Poor quality. 4 warranty claims.

I bought a bicycle from Reid Cycles. In the year I've owned it, it's continually had problems. From vibrating pedals to grinding sounds in the drive train. So far they've admitted that they assembled the bicycle incorrectly which caused the vibrating pedals. For the grinding sound when pedalling, they've said that the grease inside the drive train has disappeared which has caused the drive train to rust away internally. So far I've made 4 warranty claims yet still have problem after problem. I'm now going to the Department of Consumer Protection and the ACCC to get this sorted. It's been a huge pain and a massive annoyance. I just wish I had a bike that worked.

Store LocationPerth
James

JamesPerth, WA

Childs bike gear broke in two weeks

My 11 year old son saved up for a mountain bike. We went to the Balcatta store and put a deposit down on a 'charcoal' mountain bike. We received a call to pick up the bike and once in store found the bike to be blue. My son was a little upset but accepted the colour after offered a free tool bag ($15).
After two weeks, the gears broke at the wheel and chain snapped. I took the bike in and was told that was not covered under warranty.
My son is very upset and now need to take elsewhere and repair the broken gears.
Be very wary of these cheap bikes and non service of warranty.

Store LocationBalcatta
Bike Shops

Find out how Reid Cycles compares to other Bike Shops

You be the judge

Store LocationAdelaide CBD
Richard Smith

Richard SmithDarwin, NT

Fixed wheel bike

My ride for a few Km and I started going up hill I hear this crack crack . I think I need to check this out thought it was the front sprocket but no the barring had gone and the chain was about to break
Just emailed Reid’s I’m in Darwin so I can only guess they won’t be fixing this onl got the bike mid January so it’s last 2 months
I was thinking of buy a MTB off them but I’ll buy local spend the extra $200 and not have any drama
I’m so disappointed
Don’t buy Rieds

Dennis

Dennisasked

Reid Cycles

I have a Reid Condor road bike with chainring combo 48/40. I wish to upgrade this to 52/36. I find that I am now running out of gears. Can this be achieved without too much expense?

Ben D.

Ben D.asked

Reid Cycles

Have just assembled my mtb pro disc 27.5, having issues with the breaks-not much happening stopping wise after riding it

fullalelebro

Hey, I find the brakes very sluggish too unless u grip down hard on them. Then they are very responsive.
Care to fill us in on question below if u have a kickstand?

fullalelebroasked

Reid Cycles

Hi I picked up my Reid MTB pro 27.5” mountain bike yesterday after electing for store to assemble, but just realised there is no kickstand.
Is this normal? Or has something been missed in the assembly?

Siew W.