BeccyO

BeccyOGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Daughters bike broken within 6 months

Very poor quality materials, still trying to organize repair but cannot reach store on telephone. Bike is only 6 months old and has been used 3-4 times. Strangely in these COVID times, I have been told I am unable to ‘book’ a time for repair/ service and the store is only taking walk-ins. Not optimistic and daughter is deeply disappointed.

Aaron M.

Terrible experience

Store LocationWebsite

I.Junarsa

I.JunarsaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Item is not as described.

Poor customer service, wrong communication

I have ordered two bikes online and after a long delay got an email saying my model is not available and suggesting me to upgrade to a higher model. I agreed and paid for it. Again got emails for delays in transit and finally got a sms to collect my bikes. When I visited the store, one bike was not arrived. Again contacted the customer service but no use. Store Rep confirmed they never received my bike.It is a waste of time, and seeking a refund now. It almost took 50 days and didn't have a positive outcome. I should have listened to the previous feedbacks here and not used their service.

bradley

bradleySouth East Queensland, QLD

You get what you pay for

Store LocationWoolloongabba
David

DavidPerth

Poor quality. 4 warranty claims.

I bought a bicycle from Reid Cycles. In the year I've owned it, it's continually had problems. From vibrating pedals to grinding sounds in the drive train. So far they've admitted that they assembled the bicycle incorrectly which caused the vibrating pedals. For the grinding sound when pedalling, they've said that the grease inside the drive train has disappeared which has caused the drive train to rust away internally. So far I've made 4 warranty claims yet still have problem after problem. I'm now going to the Department of Consumer Protection and the ACCC to get this sorted. It's been a huge pain and a massive annoyance. I just wish I had a bike that worked.

Store LocationPerth
Juanita T.

Juanita T.

Terrible service totally arrogant

Unhappycustomer

UnhappycustomerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Paid for services but wondering if much was done???

Store LocationNorth Melbourne

James

JamesPerth, WA

Childs bike gear broke in two weeks

My 11 year old son saved up for a mountain bike. We went to the Balcatta store and put a deposit down on a 'charcoal' mountain bike. We received a call to pick up the bike and once in store found the bike to be blue. My son was a little upset but accepted the colour after offered a free tool bag ($15).
After two weeks, the gears broke at the wheel and chain snapped. I took the bike in and was told that was not covered under warranty.
My son is very upset and now need to take elsewhere and repair the broken gears.
Be very wary of these cheap bikes and non service of warranty.

Store LocationBalcatta
Ken

KenSydney, NSW

Poor Customer Service

Purchased the MTB Pro on Monday 22nd June online after being told by the Sydney store that it could be ready for collection within 2 days. Called them on Thursday 25th June - phone in Sydney office either doesn't get picked up or is on busy dial tone. When I did get through I got put on hold for 18 minutes until I got fed up and hung up. I then wrote to the support email to ask for an update. All the reply said was that things are delayed due to the current circumstances (Covid ?). Strange because they sent an email out to say 3000 new bikes had arrived. Until now Friday 26th June I am still waiting for a reply.

Store LocationOnline Purchase for pickup at NSW
Charul

CharulGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pathetic Buying and after service

Store LocationReid Melbourne
Matt

Matt

Ordered online

The store in Adelaide do not answer their phone. I left a message but no return of call. I’m sure they will say, as has been response in other reviews, we are busy like that’s a reason to drop any service?

Cheap Price for a Cheap Product and Service

Vin

Vin

Horrific customer service who threatens customer

You be the judge

Store LocationAdelaide CBD
Richard Smith

Richard SmithDarwin, NT

Fixed wheel bike

My ride for a few Km and I started going up hill I hear this crack crack . I think I need to check this out thought it was the front sprocket but no the barring had gone and the chain was about to break
Just emailed Reid’s I’m in Darwin so I can only guess they won’t be fixing this onl got the bike mid January so it’s last 2 months
I was thinking of buy a MTB off them but I’ll buy local spend the extra $200 and not have any drama
I’m so disappointed
Don’t buy Rieds

Chris

ChrisMelbourne

Terrible service to fix faulty new bike

Bought a brand new mountain bike, have only ridden it four times and one of the pedals feel off, I drop it off for repair in December and its now February and they still haven't done anything!
Have emailed them and phoned a few times, they say they don't have any cranks in stock and will have to order them but in the almost 2 months my bike has been in the shop they still haven't placed an order!

Nilantha

NilanthaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor after sales service

Store LocationNorth Melbourne

Cheap quality and bad service. Stay Away.

Bought the Urban X3 wanting a reliable commuter. Bike let me down twice in a three months. First the crank/pedal came completely off whilst riding. Second the chain/rear derailer got caught in the rear wheel and caused over $300 worth of damage and Reid won't take responsibility for this. Their response is that if I am not going to pay for them to fix their issue then to come and collect the bike because it is taking up workshop space. What a complete waste of money. Best to spend a little more on a brand that will give you a bike that will last at least a year and look after you on the road.