Janaka Dissanayake

Pathetic after sales service

Store LocationMelbourne
Gus

GusMelbourne

Inferior parts and rushed construction

Rob RShepparton

Poor Customer Service

I purchased a Reid Urban X2 (Size XL frame) bike online.
When it arrived I took it to a local bike shop to have it assembled.
The bike was supposed to come with a kickstand. The bike store owner told me that there was no kickstand in the box. I contacted Reid Cycles & was told that the bike should have come with a kickstand & that they would organise a replacement for me. I have emailed Reid Cycles twice since then to check on progress & have had no response from them for 3 weeks now. I am very happy with the bike. I am not very happy with Reid Cycles Customer Service.

Regards,
Rob

Thank you for that.
Regards

Bill20

Bill20Brisbane

Urban X2 - You get what you paid for...

I bought my Urban X2 about 8 months ago. I use it for weekend rides and the first couple of months it was running well. It is not a quick bike but takes you from A to B. However after couple of months the gears became stiff and the chain started to come off. I got it serviced and got better but noticed this won't last long. Last week the sit holding clamp got broken and got it replaced at not cost under warranty. I would've wished I had spent few more dollars I got a better quality bike.

Zach A

Zach ACanberra

3 Weeks delivery - No Apologies

David F.Reid Cycles

Hi Zach. Sorry you had to go through the above. Our Custoemr Service guys are usually really sharp but we had a system upgrade running at that time. Please email david@reidcycles.com.au so I can sort this out.

ArthurB

ArthurBMelbourne

More expensive than other brands

I bought a red vintage style ladies bike from Reid's the other day only to find exactly the same style bike at Kmart for $100 cheaper. The guy there told me you won't find them anywhere near his shops price in Melbourne. What a joke. Very unhappy!

Carol SBrisbane

Poor customer service and average product

HugoMelbourne, Victoria

Avoid on line purchasing

Michael Northeast, VIC

Good Products But Do Not Buy Online

I bought a falco advanced road bike on line and had it freighted to hervey bay queensland. After assembling it as per instructions went for a ride and the gears slipped and the front deraileur did not move at all.
When i contacted reid cycles i was informed that it need adjusting and i would have to take it to a bike mechanic at my cost to get it fixed. Surely when you buy a new bike you would think that the gears would be already set up. The bike is good but make sure if you buy one you have access to one of their retail outlets or you will be paying extra to have it fixed

Michael

sorry but there are no instructions on how to tune the gears and the bike arrived in good order so the gears on the bike must be very out of tune before the bike leaves the factory as they could not possibly be that far out
cheers

Kim Jackson

Kim Jackson

Great bike but disappointing customer service

After reading all the great reviews I was really excited to go and buy a Reid bike, I was so dissapointed in my experience at the Parramatta Road shop. On entering the shop I was walking around a little apprehensive as there were so many bikes. Nobody approached me so I went over to the counter and asked for help, the young man looked up and said 'you'll have to wait for about 5 minutes', once he came over to assist, I felt like I was back at school, don't sit on that bike, don't do this, don't do that! I stepped on the platform yo have a look at a bike, he rudely turned around and said, ' I don't think that platform was made for people to walk on it, do you?' I ended up buying a bike but certainly not because of any great service!

David F.Reid Cycles

Hi Kim. This sounds very uncharacteristic. Sydney store manager has been forwarded your review. Enjoy the bike as the weather warms up!

bellini

bellinisydney

You pay for what you get.

The service is woeful and you won't get the bike on the promised arrival date (and you will have to call up to find that out). But on the plus side, I was upgraded free to a six speed bike because of the expected delay. And because of staff incompetence, I was undercharged because they couldn't work out how to correct the balance. So the terrible service can work out in your favour. If you want a super cheap bike and don't care about customer service and how long delivery will be (expect a two month wait), then this is totally the place for you. Otherwise I'd recommend paying more elsewhere.
Cheap.
Lack of customer service. Extended delay in delivery.

JodieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Misleading Info provided

Hi Jodie. I haven't seen the email - david@reidcycles.com.au

CarrickSydney

Cheap but not very strong

I bought a Reid cycle Hybrid bike one and a half month ago for $300 as it looked like a very good value for a new bike. There was a bit of delay to get it and then the bike is not very strong. After a couple of use, many part are moving a bit and it does not seem very reliable.

Still works, but pretty mediocre quality
Cheap
Not strong enough

Ok, thank you!

Late delivery

My suggestion it is that you don't buy a bike at Reid Cycles if you are in a hurry to have it.
I went there few week ago with my boyfriend to buy two bikes, mine was ready, his was supposed to arrive after a couple of days. I paid for mine but I left it there, deciding to pick it up two days laters when my boyfriend's bike was ready. When we went back my bike was no longer ready. They sold it to someone else and I had to wait for another one. Two weeks later it is still here. Really [censored word removed] off.

David F.Reid Cycles

Hi Sarah. Please email me at david@reidcycles.com.au. I would like to know which store this was so I can follow through.

Sarah

Sorry, I did not see your question David. I had bought it from Reid in Paramatta Road, Sydney. I can say after 2 years that even if getting hold of the bike was a bit of a pain, the bike is great and I am satisfied with it.

suckmyorbitals

suckmyorbitalsAbbotsford

To-A-Price Bikes

David F.Reid Cycles

Hi suckmyorbitals. We have a very good relationship with Shimano and all the parts we use are genuine and covered by the full Shimano warranty. Do you work in the industry?

Am I invisible? Cool.

Harvey Wilson

Harvey WilsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good and Bad

Jethika G

Jethika GSydney

Cheap bikes for 0% services, Reid is very good at waiting game!!!!!

David F.Reid Cycles

Hi Jethika. These bikes are in stock and can be dispatched within 24 hours. Can you please contact david@reidcycles.com.au so I can get all your details and see what the problem was?

Luke j

Luke jBrisbane

50% price, 50% quality. 10% service

Ilukasue

Ilukasue

Bicycle advertised on same day not available!

Found a cruiser cycle advertised on Gumtree Today (advertisement date Today) for $199. Raced down to buy one only to find none in stock and none expected in stock for three weeks. I would call this false advertising since it was advertised as available on Gumtree Today. Very disappointing, will not shop here in future!
Great deal if only available!
Item advertised but not available on the day!

David F.Reid Cycles

Hi spetersen. Which store was this? We have stock of these bikes in the company so they must have just sold out in that store. Please email david@reidcycles.com.au