Remington Durablade Pro MB061AU

Remington Durablade Pro MB061AU (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Men's Electric Shavers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

No good as a normal shaver

Tried the shaver and found it wanting as a shaver. Useful if you want a stubble appearance but as for a shaver it’s performance is very poor. Will be sending it back to Shaver Shop and asking for a refund. Not what the advertisement leads one to believe about it’s performance.

Waste of money

It does not shave, it is not a trimmer, cannot shape a beard, you always have an "unshaved" feeling.
Better of using cheap razors and a normal clipper set. Do not buy this product.

James

James

Close Shave what a joke waste of $70

its is crap when it says close shave nonsense the namal electric saver cut a hell of a lot closer then this piece of garbage will never buy this product again I am sending mine back

George P

George PAU

Don't expect a closest shave ever. But it comes close

Received this as a present a few days ago and was very sceptical that it could even do the job. Whilst other shavers shave closer to the skin this one is perfect for me as i have very sensitive skin and it shaves really close without irritating my skin.

Batterry takes a while to fully charge - 4 hours and it runs for 1 hour. Charges via USB but doesn't include power brick. Blades never need replacing.

Nick.H

Nick.HMelbourne

Great shaver

Fantastic product, very convenient and dose a great job. I have very thick hair and was worried that it wouldn’t cope, but it dose with ease. I was really surprised how good a job it did.

KerryCanton Beach

Warning - does not deliver on promises

I bought mine from shaver shop. Says it will give clean shave, only way to try is to buy, once used cannot be return. Really not worth the money. Better of using regular razors and a decent clipper set.

Kerry

Great, friendly customer service and returning for refund. Was informed M,B on packaging is for mustache and beard trimming, maybe remove SHAVE from packaging and advertising, 10 stars for customer service

Kerry

Now the 12 Jan, product returned on the 17th Dec still waiting for refund?

Great for sensative skin

Great tool and does exactly what I need it to do. I have sensitive skin and find that the Durablade does not make my skin react and I use this as a dry shave something I can't do with other shavers. Quick and easy to use works well for me.

Franco

Francocessnock

Useless

Regretfully doesn't work as advertised - wouldn't shave at all and even as a hair trimmer it was nowhere near as good as my others. The concept is brilliant but not at all satisfied with the performance. Also the warranty says 6 to 8 weeks before a cheque can be expected and postage not covered. Surely the Shavershop should refund instore when a product doesn't work as advertised.

Gee

GeeAU

Better than l ever imagined!

This is exactly what I was looking for and it surpassed my expectations. Leaves a micro stubble that is not noticeable, without stripping or sensitising my skin. Much better than using a normal clipper as the shave is closer and far more comfortable. This will surely become my new best friend in the bathroom. Perfect shave, high quality, easy to use. 10/10!

Daggy

DaggyMelbourne

Love the concept

Love the concept, but unfortunately doesn't quite cut the cheese as a razor.. You look shaven, but still have stubble.. Just doesn't shave close enough for me.. On the plus side, worked wonderfully well as a trimmer. So if that's you go.. No issues

Justinw81

Justinw81AU

Don’t bother

Bought this on recommendation from the assistant at shaver shop. Replacing my corded Wahl was hoping for great things. I have very thick facial hair and it really doesn’t do anything at all. One side of the blades work reasonably well, but if used in the direction of a normal razor....useless. Can take 6 or 7 passes in any direction to actually give me something that resembles a close shave. And having to push it holding it the wrong way round to use the ‘sharper’ side has caused the main head to become very lose and flimsy. Wish I could return it but out of 30 day period so it will be a lesson learned as I now return to purchase another Wahl.

Troy

TroyLandsdale

Pulls my hair no matter what method I Use

I've had many shavers in the past for trimming my beard and my wife bought this for my for fathers day. Oh boy, what a useless piece of kit.
Pros
- Rechargeable via a USB standard 5v connection, versatile
- Feels great in the hand
- many different length attachments and micro shaver for a wide range of cutting options
- Can be used in the shower or on a wet face no issues

Cons
- Simply unusable, Pulls my hair, even after oiling and cleaning the blades. against or with the grain, wet or dry, slow or fast, it doesn't matter. I've had a shaver like this before (albeit full sized) that did exactly the same thing and took it back.

I dont know if its my hair type or if i just got a faulty unit but keep in mind when deciding to buy.

Great Dry Shave

I've always refrained from wet shaving as it tends to irritate my skin.
But dry shaving traditionally doesn't give you a very close shave.
The Durablade Pro does a fantastic job at providing a close dry shave. The wide blade makes for a very quick an efficient shave and the smaller attachable blade makes it perfect for under the nose.
It's light and compact and you won't need to spend a ton of money on batteries like other electric shavers.
An all round fantastic product!

Cuci

CuciBrisbane

Well advertised product...

Charging

Can't get it to work after 4 hours charging from new. Don't know what i am doing wrong. Will have to take it back tomorrow only bought it today. The orange charging light comes on for a few seconds then off again

Phil

I exchanged for another one and had no issues.

Spectrum BrandsRemington

Excellent thank you Phil for advising us you have resolved the issue.

Amazing shaver especially for sensitive skin

Over the years I have purchased a variety of electric shavers with little success due to my super sensitive skin! I purchased a Durablade and have had amazing success with no skin irritations. Also i find it very handy when travelling as it charges via USB!

Great beard trimmer

This is an excellent trimmer which provides great results. Light weight, easy and comfortable to use. USB charging is also a bonus. Kit also has good selection of different length combs and different heads for keeping your beard line neat and tidy. Also easy to keep clean. Would highly recommend.

Easy to use. Great shave.

Light weight and easy to use. Shaver was cool on my skin, didn't heat up like my older electric shaver which would cause my skin to become red and irritated. Glides nicely over skin, no pulling of hairs. Provided a great shave. Being USB rechargeable and cordless is an excellent solution.

Martin

MartinIllawarra, NSW

Useless

Saw this product in the window of a shaver shop. Looked like a great alternative to the traditional method of shaving. USB charging and no new blades to be bought. Was a bit dubious as to the capabilities of this unit for a smooth shave but the shop assistant assured me it would work as advertised. Well after using it when I returned home I was totally disappointed! The razor left the one day stubble growth and would shave no closer. Maybe ok for the blokes that want that "rugged" look or for beards but for a smooth shave....forget it. Ripped off! I will be returning it.

Glorified trimmer