Remington Rapid Cut HC4250AU

Remington Rapid Cut HC4250AU (page 2 of 3)

MPN: REM-HC4250AU

See the Best Men's Electric Shavers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Geoff

GeoffWestern Australia

Brilliant for a number 0 cut

I've used mini battery trimmers and big heavy clippers and this is the best!

I do a number 0, no guard cut every morning and this is so much more comfortable. The curved blade doesn't always touch your head along the whole width, but is much more comfortable. The short, palm like design is really nice. Easier to shave the back and front of your head. The best bit is that it can run straight off the cord if you forget to charge it.

Very happy with it.

Paul

PaulQueensland

Does the job very well!

Very easy to use and feels nice in your hand. The wide design and curve of the blade works really well, cordless design feels great for DIY, can swap clip on combs for a blended cut.

Saves a trip to the barber every 2 weeks if you like to keep your hair short and sharp! Cheers. Paul

LJW

LJWNewcastle NSW

Does not do the job

Bought this for my son for his birthday. Used once, not too bad, will not cut through his hair. He has very thick hair. Should this make a difference. Very disappointed as not cheap.

Paul M

Paul MRomsey Victoria

Very easy to use

After several years of using corded hair clippers I decided to buy the Remington Rapid Cut hair clipper. I read the reviews and thought it sounded like the best men's clipper on the market.

I've used it several times now and am very impressed with the ease of use. It's cordless easily and comfortable sits in your hand and very manoeuvrable over and around your head. It's cordless, easily rechargeable and quick to use.

I highly recommend this hair clipper.

Cheers, Paul

Luke F

Luke FChristies Beach

Good for 6 months

This worked perfectly for 6 months and now the battery doesn't hold a charge and rarely works while the cord is plugged in, it's disappointing because it was lightweight and easy to hold.

Robin D

Robin DGold Coast

High Quality and low Cost

Dane

Dane

Buzz cut perfect...

Excellent (solo) hand-held product for a short (buzz) cut. Stubby handle makes it easy to get a clean cut at the back without a reversing mirror, as opposed to the more traditional 'long-handled' clippers. Only negative that I can think of is that 'zero' blade is not quite close enough for me around the sides - but easily covered through the use of an electric razor around-the-back-&-sides. Very happy with this product.

Update: 6th July 2017 - The battery has stopped holding it's charge. So now, it needs to be plugged in, otherwise it does not have enough power to cut hair without pulling. A bit inconvenient, but it still does the job (as long as it's plugged in).

Brewer

Brewer

Works well - for a while

I've owned this for 18 months now, and while the battery started to fail within a year or so it's been tolerable until now. Now it has totally failed and I'm going to have to open it up and see if I can replace the cells. It is pretty apparent this uses cheap nicad or nimh cells.

The shape and size of the device are great, but as others have noted the motor is underpowered, the battery is dreadful, and plugging it into a 'wall wart' transformer to charge is awkward. There is no excuse for this - this product absolutely should have a lithium battery and a charging cradle. Otherwise it is little more than a toy.

Peter

PeterGold Coast

Magic

Fantastic option for home hair cutting. Very easy to use and the comb system works well allowing you to trim to a constant length very quickly. I find the technique of multi directional approach, back, forward and side to side gives an even finish, best of all three haircuts saved at the barbers pays for it.

Mick

MickAU

Excellent compact shaver shame about the plastic clips

I've had one for around 4 months. Very easy, efficient & compact device to operate, however its a real shame the clip on plastic blades break too easily. Of course its the blade I need & use the most. Apart from buying a whole new unit for around $90, I can't replace this small critical piece which is necessary for a good cut. A real shame such a quality device has such a fatal Achilles heel :(

Trent

TrentAlice Springs

Best by far

Best hair clipper I have used by far. I can do my whole head in about a minute and the wide curved design is brilliant. Makes it very easy to shave your head even without a mirror.

Love it - Used for all over body trimmer

Great innovation !!! I use it for all over body (chest, belly/arms/legs) trimmer... Take literally a quarter of the time with this clipper.
Cuts close and can be used in the shower. Also, used as a cordless trimmer and can be used with more power when plugged into wall power socket.
Absolutely brilliant !

David Ling

David LingMelbourne

Brand new. First time use was very happy

I use #2 on top and #1 back and sides. Great job. You can't make a silk purse from a sows ear but didn't do a bad job on my head. Just a bit of help to trim the back was all I needed.

Longest guide not long enough!

Works fine, very big and powerful. The big BUT is that the longest "guide", supposedly 15mm, is really more like 5mm and is too short for me. So only buy this if you like your hair very, very short. (I've been using electric clippers for > 20 years; all I've used have had longer options than this.)

Michael Bowden

Michael BowdenBendigo

Fantastic shaver

Very simple to use, the wide curved blade is miles faster than my old clipper. Only takes a few minutes to do my whole head. I tend to use the 3mm attachment, however there is a large number of attachments up to 15mm.

Deviot

DeviotSouth East Queensland, QLD

So easy to use

Love this little cordless clipper. So friggin easy to use and so quick, like faster than I would have ever imagined. Loving it and Always have a clean cut. Much better than looking like a shaggy Dog.

dont think just buy it

When something is good you have to say it, yes this little remington rapid hair clipper is a exelent clipper, no need to think about it you should buy it, half a dozen haircuts you get you money back, good luck clipping.

Morry

MorryEglinton NSW

Handy clipper that's relatively easy to manage, and ends up paying for itself!

I've now used this device for a few months, and cut my heir three times. As said before, it would be good if you had the option to leave your hair longer than the 'longest' comb, because even using the longest on the top, with half or smaller on the sides your hair still looks like it's been clippered. In saying that though, my last cut two days ago I used the longest comb on the sides and back, and left the top from the last cut - and am VERY satisfied with the result, so I guess every second cut will be a 'crew' style, and the other will look like it's been done with scissors (if you know what I mean) I am very satisfied with this wide, concave, rechargeable device. Would recommend it.

This is fantastic - easy to use and fast

I have tried many hair clippers for a really close hair cut. This unit with its wide curved cutter works fast better than any other clippers and does a clean cut very quickly. With the wide range of attachments, it is easy to cut hair to any length consistently. Extremely well designed and easy to use and 100% efficient.

colin

colinbrisbane

Very good

I've had this nearly a year now it works great, easy, even hair cut, if the cutting blade was a bit narrower it would be a full body grooming tool. That said I really like it.

solarman

solarmanasked

My wife cuts my hair at the moment with clippers. Is this easy to DIY so I can cut more often than she has time for. Can it do the back of the neck well ?

Helpful Dude
Helpful Dude

Buy a handheld mirror, face away from bathroom mirror so you can see back of your head in the handheld mirror in front of you. Remember that your movement is opposite to what it appears so teach yourself gradually by small cuts to your neckline. Here is a link to an article about neckline cutting http://fleischmansalon.com/necklines-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/ .no need to stress though as the saying goes there's only a week between a good or bad haircut !

Bryan

Bryanasked

I want a cordless electric for shaving my head. I love a very close Shave?
Is this model able to give me that? And cleaning is done
With a hand held vacuum

enjeti
enjeti

Basically it uses the same standard clipping accessories with different number settings as they use in a hair dressing saloon. It can in fact be rinsed with water when powered off as indicated in the manual.

Get an answer from our members and Remington representatives

CategoryMen's Electric Shavers