Remington i-LIGHT PRO+ Face & Body IPL IPL6500AU

Remington i-LIGHT PRO+ Face & Body IPL IPL6500AU Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

MPNs: 36264032, 6557, IPL6500AU and IPL6500BAU
Listing monitored by Remington

27 questions from our users

Margee
Margeeasked

Have just got a I light pro plugged it in all that is happening is a beep and red light flashing for the last ten min is this right

M.C

Hi Margee, before you can use the machine you need to do a skin test. This is most likely what is causing the beeping you refer to.

Hi Margee,
Thank you for contacting us regarding your IPL machine. Please refer to your instruction manual regarding Check Your Skin Tone. You will need to do this procedure everytime before you use your machine. Please contact us on our toll free number 1800 623 118 if you need any further assistance.

Bec
Bec

Hi, when I plug it in and it’s ready to go. Check your settings and test on your wrist. Should calculate your skin colour. When you place it on your leg or wherever you should hear a beep. Once you hear the beep. You press the button and it should flash. That’s pretty much it. You may or may not feeling depending on pain threshold and power settings.

Lily N
Lily Nasked

Do you have to replace the cartridge

M.C

Hi Lily N, this model doesn’t which was one of the reasons I chose this model. It has an infinity bulb” which has more than 50,000 flashes.

Kevin
Kevinasked

Hi I've got very think hair on my back does it nd 2 b cut short or does it not matter and how many times do u nd 2 do it 4 no re growth. ?

M.C

Hi Kevin, you are correct the hair does need to be trimmed/shaved before use. For my legs I started seeing results after 1-2 sessions but it took another 2 before hair growth really stopped. I havn’t used on my back as no need but hair is thicker there and denser so suspect it may take a little longer. The back is also a little more sensative so you may want start at a lower setting and work yourself up but I used from the highest setting from the get go. There is a slight sting, especially if any hair is long but nothing I couldn’t handle. Would be good to here how you go. My machine is with a male family member now who has the same use for it as yourself, hopefully I will be able to provide some insights on the outcome at a later time.

Hi Kevin,
It is most important to shave the hair before you start each IPL treatment. Hair grows in a cycle of different phases which can last 18-24 months. Only hairs in the active growth phase are susceptible to IPL treatment, which is why multiple treatments are required for optimal results. It is important to continue with the full treatment regime and top up treatments to ensure that every hair follicle is treated. Please refer to the instruction manual for more information before using. The instruction manual can be downloaded here http://bit.ly/2BFEY0B. If you have any further questions please call our toll free number 1800 623 118 for further assistance.

Madam
Madamasked

Can the i-LIGHT Pro be switched off when no being used, or does it have to be switch on between uses (to prevent battery going flat)?

Mandy 1985
Mandy 1985

Yes it can be switched off

Mel
Mel

It doesn't have a battery so needs to be connected to power for use then switched off when finished.

Dear Consumer,
Thank you for your query. You should always turn your machine off on the unit and at the power point when the product is not in use. This machine does not have a battery as it is only operational when connected to a power point. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact our free call number 1800 623 118 as one of our Consumer Services Representatives will be happy to assist you further.

Yen mak
Yen makasked

Where can I buy the quartz?

Hi Yen Mak,
You can purchase any of the spare parts on our toll free number 1800 623 118. Please give us a call as one of our Consumer Service Representatives will be waiting to assist you.
regards Consumer Service Team

Fuzzy
Fuzzyasked

I'm interested in how the product works. Is it a laser which therefore doesn't work on blonde hair?
I'm wanting something to remove fine blonde hair (peach fuzz) from my face - is it suitable for that?

Hi Fuzzy,
Thank you for your inquiry. The IPL face & body will not work on very light blonde/red hair or white/grey hair. There is colour chart on the outside of all the our boxing. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us on our toll free number 1800623118. Kind regards Consumer Service Team

KENDALL
KENDALLasked

Can you use it for a brazillian?

RozzieM
RozzieM

I'm not sure Kendall ...the feeling of first using the ipl is like a rubber band flicking you...my daughter says ouch whereas it didn't bother me! We just did legs, bikini, under arms & face. So it must depend on skin type settings and tolerance. Maybe you could do a few sessions in beauty place see how you go then use it for maintenance at home...hope this helps . Cheers Roz

Hi Kendall,
Thank you for your inquiry. Please note we do not recommend your IPL machine for Brazillian usage or the following areas.
* Do not use on the scalp or ears
* Do not use on male face or neck
* Do not use above the cheekbone (female facial use)
* Do not use on nipples, areola or genitals
* Do not use if you have tattoos or permanent makeup in the area to be treated
* Do not use on dark brown or black spots such as moles, birth marks or freckles
* Do not us on an area of recent surgery, deep peel, laser resurfacing, scars or skin that has been damaged with burns or scalds

We hope this has assisted you with your queries. If you require further information you can call us on free call number 1800 623 118
regards, Consumer Service Team

Get an answer from our members and Remington representatives

Other IPL Machines