Remington Smooth Finish Ceramic S3505AU

Remington Smooth Finish Ceramic S3505AU (page 2 of 3)

MPN: S3505AU
See the Best Hair Straighteners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Remington

• Hair Length Medium (5) and Long (4)
  • Hair Style Straight (2), Wavy (6) and Curly (1)
  • Straightening Time 12.143 minutes
  • Hair Care
Sandy75
Sandy75Melbourne

Great For Quick Styles

I have this one at work and use it as a back up to smoothen things out if I need a restyle or if I am going out. It heats up very quickly and glides smoothly over my hair - its not up to the top name brands but its a worthy back up and works well.

Zoe B
Zoe BAU

It's fine for a while

Heats up quickly and is easy to open/close. The straightener itself is alright, but I've also noticed that it doesn't perform as well after 1 year of use. It's great for the price though!

sienna m
sienna mGeelong

A real step down from cloud 9

After my cloud 9 straightener broke I needed a cheap replacement. While it does the job, it's not as smooth as I feel it should be and does tend to snag on hair during use. It heats up quite fast which is a good thing. Would not reccomend if you straighten your hair everyday and want a GREAT result, however if you do it occasionally it does the job.

5 years strong!

I got this bad boy late 2012 and have used it at least 3 times a week. It works perfectly for my fine hair. It only just broke. Issues only began these last two years. It began to snag my hair and the temperature dial broke so it was set to the highest temperature all the time. Still love it, may it rest in peace.

Hair Straighteners

Find out how Remington Smooth Finish Ceramic S3505AU compares to other Hair Straighteners

Roshni
RoshniSydney

Amazing

Hardly use any hair styler that usesheat because it makes my hair dry and with visible splitends . But this kinda leaves my hair feeling really silky. Best straightner i have ever used

DiDi
DiDiMelbourne

Works well

I bought this at Christmas for my daughters first straightener. One of them has long straight hair and the other has long curly hair. They both think it's great. It's light weight and easy to use and pretty straight forward for them both to use. It was a great price too, under $30 at Target.

Tiger
TigerPerth, WA

Professional job and good price

My hair is long, thick and has a lot of frizz. Styling it can take forever. This straightener works brilliantly with just one swipe. It's lightweight and easy to use especially on long hair. I love the fact that it can be used for both curling and straightening. Of course the price is brilliant! I bought mine at Target for under $30!!

Evelyn
Evelyn

Nice product

I am quite happy after using it. Efficient and nice hair using the hair straightening, and it get hot quite quickly. The con is that it cannot do a lot of hair at once

Lee-Ann Stevens
Lee-Ann Stevens

Great for a first time user

My hairdresser suggested a purchase a cheaper hair straightener as I had never used one before and might not like using one. I purchased the Remington from Target for $26 and I’m very happy. The hair straightener heats up very quickly, has a easy to use on/off switch and heating dial. Easy to store as well.

Sheri
SheriMelbourne

Excellent Performance

I have used similar products previously but I found this straightener good and easy to use. It gets warm very quickly dont have to wait alot and hairs also gets straight quickly. Happy to have this handy product.

suzta
suztaTuart Hill

Does the job and was cheap

I have a lot of hair, it's thick & wavy and is classified by hairdressers as "coarse" (probably not helped by dying it blonde!). I wanted a cheap straightener to see if I could be bothered straightening my hair every now and then. I didn't want to spend very much in case I barely used the product.

I bought this one as it was a good price & I thought Remington have a good reputation. I'm no straightener aficionado, but it worked just fine. To be honest, I discovered I don't have the patience or co-ordination to straighten my mass of hair (life is too short) but I've kept it in the cupboard & like that I have the option to use it should I feel like it. I think if you want an entry-level straightener you can't go wrong with this one.

Batra
BatraPerth, WA

Works well

Happy with the results
It is powerful and works very well on my hair. Takes a few minutes to get my hair straightened. You might want to leave it on for a minute before you start using it. Never snags while working.

Rick
RickPerth

Great value for the price.

Nice hair straightener and fantastic price. I only use it occasionally to smooth out the hair and this does the job perfectly. Heats up within seconds and works better than other hair straighteners of similar price.

Irana
IranaSydney

Reliable product

I have always used Remington hair straighteners as they are cheap as well as give fantastic results. I have thin hair and it literally takes maximum of 8 minutes to straighten my hair. It heats up fairly quick and straightens hair in such short time. I have used this straightener to give waves in my hair too and have had decent results with that too. Definitely a reliable product.

Monica
MonicaSouth hedland

Perfect can't live without it

Very happy with this product, it's easy to use even on my hair and my hair is so thick and curly but still works a treat, it takes literally 3 seconds to heat up

Perfect!

I have thick hair and didn't want to spend much, you get what you pay for, heats quickly and straightens beautifully. It tugs a bit, but besides that works great!

RNP
RNPSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfection!

Have used Remington for 10 years and it never disappoints! Hair is left super smooth and non frizzy (it is especially visible when you're blonde). In the past 10 years I have only changed between the same brand twice and not due to malfunction but due to wanting to upgrad. My first one was dropped from a two story house a couple of times and had a ton of product built up and it still turns on and works like a breeze (it is now clean but very scratched). Heats up in seconds. Super reliable for any kind of lifestyle!

Nellie
Nellie

Doesn't stand the test of time.

It heats up quickly but snags hair a fair bit. Iv actually gone through two. The first one MELTED near the plates. but at the price replacing it didn't bother me.

Sharntelle
SharntelleBendigo

Great affordable straightener!

I really like this straightener.
It has an on/off switch, heat dial, swivel cord and a lock to close the plates.
It gives a nice finish to keep hair flat & looking a lot more polished.
Compared to a GHD or alike, it doesn't give that crisp straight finish yet compared to an InStyler which gives a very very natural looking straighten, this product is in the middle sitting more towards the GHD side of things.
Definitely worth trying if you don't straighten your hair every day or are on a budget!

Watson
Watsonmelbourne

Cheap and does the job!

I was looking for a good hairstraightener for a reasonable price and was advised by my honest hairdresser that a ceramic one for less than $50 should do the trick. So I found this for $30. I get a trusted brand, ceramic, easy to use, lightweight and heats fast. What more could you want? I even bought one for my mum.

KatrinaK
KatrinaKMelbourne

Great hair iron without breaking the bank

I bought this from Big W after my daughter told me about it. Its cheap and great to use. It heats up really fast and it get quite hot. Nice smooth irons. I love it.

Rachael
Rachael

Good, worth the money

Bought this on sale at Good Guys (they price matched Priceline's sale). Feels solid but not too heavy in the hand. Full ceramic plates which are a bonus at this price point. Temp control is nice feature. Slides well through hair, doesn't catch or feel like it's pulling. Very happy and great for the price!

Plates aren't intact.

This straightener is not really parallel. There is a gap in between the plate in such a way that the the far end meets first thus the plates are not intact at the same time when closed. You have to press it hard so that it is intact everywhere but that's not convenient and also there is not even pull everywhere for the hairs.

Lenlen
LenlenPerth

Great low priced straightener, works!

This is a really nice standard straightener. It heats up quick enough, doesn't get too hot. I have fairly straight hair and don't need anything fancy. This straightener does the job and I've used it to make some nice curls as well.

Five stars for the price.

B00fy
B00fyBrisbane

Ok for the price

Very cheap straightener. I have thick curly hair so this straightened it but not as good as a quality straightener like GHD. Good for the price though. Very light weight & easy to use.