Remington Smart Styler

Remington Smart Styler

S8585AU and S8580AU

Love it

I used to be too lazy to style my hair, but after i have a try on using a hair straightener, I fell in love with it, it takes a really short time to style my hair and it glinds my hair very smoothly
It takes around 20sec to heat up and it is super easy to use
Definitely recommend it

Purchased in September 2018.

Hair Care
Hair Length Medium
Hair Style Wavy

Excellent product

This product is very easy to use and heats up in a very reasonable amount of time. I did have it snag on my hair once, however that may have been because of having to large a piece of hair to straighten. This product creates a smooth finish.

Average performance for low-end straightener

I've found that this straightener will often snag little pieces of my hair during use, and what it doesn't snag, it takes multiple goes to get the hair as straight as I would like. My hair is only slightly wavy and medium thickness, and I'd be surprised if it did much for thicker/curlier hair than mine. It is, however, good value for money.

Long term Remington user

I've been using Remington for over 15 years and never had an issue, ive tried 2-3 different series and this is the current one that i am using right now. Never fails on me and lasts years each time i get a Remington and mind you i use mine everyday so 4-5 years worth of use is about 1500-2000 times i've switched it on. I havent had any issues with snagging and takes about 30-40 seconds to heat up

The worst straightener ever! Do not buy this!!

If you value your hair don't buy this straightener!! I have owned many doffferent straighteners of various brands. This straightener snags my hair on almost every stroke causing terrible breakage! I advise not to buy this horribly designed model!

Works Well Good Results

I held out buying one of these for a long time and then finally impulse bought this. I was a bit scared to actually put it on my hair at first but we had a really important dinner at work, so I gave it a try. Wow is all I can say. It was so easy to 'iron" my hair and gave me results that lasted all evening. Very happy with it. Good results

Great quality straightener

I've been using Remington straighteners for a while now because they're affordable and have always delivered the result I wanted with my hair and this was no exception. I purchased from priceline (or big w, don't remember) and have been using it every other day or so for the last 10 months and it has been great. It goes on really smooth on the hair leaving the hair straight (or curled as I also use my straightener to curl my hair) and very smooth. The design of the straightener makes it easy to curl hair. Heat up time is relatively fast, within a minute or so and the maximum temperature is 230 degrees. I would recommend this straightener if you don't want to spend a fortune on a ghd

Awesome straightener

Got this straightener as a gift for Christmas and it's been really really good. I have very thick hair and it straightens my hair better than my ghd did and it stays straight and silky for ages. Would recommend to anyone who doesn't want to spend a fortune on a good straightener!

Love it! Use every day.

Great hair straightener also great for curls, super quick heat up time, even heat through the plates.
Doesn't catch hair at all.
I use it every day, couldn't live without it!

Great price for a great product.

Great value for the price.

It is great value for the price we paid. My wife uses it on her thick hair and she reports it's perfect for everyday use. Rapid heat-up and simple to use. Great price at our local K-Mart. Highly recommended.

Great value for money

Great value for money on this straightner! I have wavey hair and it’s perfect for every day use. Heats up quickly and is very easy to use. Great for a beginner! I bought mine on sale at Kmart and would definitely recommend it!

Its durable

It is great value for the price. It works well with thick hairs and have different temperature settings as per your hair type and volume. It works well so far. I would recommend it.

Great, affordable straightener!

This is an easy to use hair straighter that is good for everyday use or even a special occasion! Takes a little while to heat up but does straighten hair after going over a few times (i have wavy hair). Overall, is worth the price.

Easy and Handy

Perfect to use everyday or any special occasion. Its been almost an year that i have been using it. it really suits my hair. I can manage the temperature according to result required.

Excellent budget straightener

Having never bought or used a hair straightener before I had no idea what to buy or look for! This one had good reviews and was a great price for a beginner. It is built pretty sturdily and feels good quality. It heats up pretty quickly and being able to change the temperature is great. It is very easy to use and slides through my hair fairly smoothly. Most of the time is only takes a couple of strokes to make my hair straight. It also leaves it quite silky and shiny which is a bonus! Very happy with the purchase, especially for the price. It does however take a little while to cool down which is a slight negative.

Good

The hair straightener is easy to use but then it takes a while for the effects to set in. I tend to now want to burn my hair so I lower the heat level and then when I do use it, it takes a while for the straightening effect to come on. Overall it is still a very good product. Doesn't take long for it to actually heat up and is not too heavy and easy to use.

Loves it, uses it for many many years without problem

This product I bought for my sister and she loves it. She runs her own little hobby business from home and believes that Remington creates on the finest hair product. She has been a loyal Remington customer and asked me to buy her this model. She gets all sorts of different hair type customers and she says it works well with the majority. The long wire enables her to freely move around her set up whilst doing client hair.

Perfect styler

This styler is a perfect gift for your partner.If you are looking for a valentine gift ,This will put an end to all the stressful hunting for a gift.It will give your hair a long lasting effect and will give you almost similar effect as you get in salon.Highly recommend this product.

Good but could be better

We have this product for a almost a year now. My wife use it on weekends mostly. It does the job but it kinda doesn't keep up the heating element whenever she uses it with my sister, So they have to wait for it to heat up again fr about a minute or so.

Just What I Needed

I never thought I would need a hair straightener as I have very fine straight hair anyway. However my hair has an annoying way of flicking up at the front and sticking out at all angles these days so at my hairdresser's suggestion I sussed out the straighteners available and purchased this one. It heats up quickly and is easy to use on fine hair as the plates meet together well. It's light to hold and quick to use and I only need to use it on the lowest heat setting. It also shuts down by itself after a time if you forget to turn it off. I've had it for a few months and it's one of the best things I've bought in a long while.

My sister has S8580 model !! I have used it its really nice she biughtbit 4 years back!! Bt now wen im ordering cant see this model 8580 !! Is 8585 giving the same results !! Shud i trust it !! Coz frankly speaking if i look at the price i feel its not gona give gud results coz she bought 8580 for 120 aus dollar!! Can i trust it will have same results as 8580

Smart Styler S8585AUSmart Styler S8580AU