Remington Smooth & Silky WDF4820AU

Remington Smooth & Silky WDF4820AU

1.0

• Causes Irritation Yes (1) · No (0)
47Genevieve Alexander

47Genevieve AlexanderSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rubbish

Doesn't cut the hair properly at all so it takes ages to shave even a small area and it feels scratchy. I have purchased these shavers over the years because they were good - but the last 2 were both hopeless. I don't know what Remington did when they changed the design, but it's not been for the better. Don't wast your time or money.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for A$49.99.

Causes Irritation Yes

Waste of money

This product doesn't even shave. I do not understand how a brand that has always given 10/10 results could produce something as awful as this. I need to run the shaver 6 times just to get one hair!!! Sorry remington I think I will be looking elsewhere from now on.

Don't bother

This is the first time I have ever reviewed a product online, I felt compelled to, this shaver is so bad! It worked ok ONCE, the first time I used it. It subsequently failed to cut the hair and irritated badly. So disappointed.

Women's Electric Shavers

Find out how Remington Smooth & Silky WDF4820AU compares to other Women's Electric Shavers

Seahorse

SeahorseSouthern and Hills, SA

Disappointed

After years of using cheap disposable razors which these days don't last and seem to be blunt when they come out of the packet, I decided to try an electric shaver. I don't have thick or long hair but it took ages to do my underarms, going over the same area over and over again. It just does not seem to catch the hair very well at all. There does not seem to be much choice for women to choose from when it comes to shavers as the main offering is epilators. How do you think men would go if they had to use an epilator instead of a shaver?!! Looks like it's back to scraping the skin with blunt disposable razors - at least they do shave the hair off.

Waikiki

WaikikiSydney

Useless

So disappointed as I'd had an old model which was aqua which was great, they have changed the design and it hardly shaves at all. Which totally defeats the purpose. It takes ages to even remove some hair. So annoying. I'm really hoping that Remington will bring out an improved model.

keisha01

keisha01AU

Worst shaver I've ever used!

I have previously used the Panasonic 3 head epillator with the shaver head without issue or irritation. The Remington, however, was a different story! My skin was stinging, sore and irritated immediately after use and for DAYS afterwards! I had cuts all over my underarms, which I had NEVER experienced when using the Panasonic. Don't waste your money on this terrible shaver.
The ability to send it back for a refund

Kalley

KalleyNewcastle NSW

Doesn't Cut & Scratches

Doesn't cut hair without having to go over it a hundred times and leaves scratches on your legs. I returned this shaver to the store and got a refund I was so disappointed with it. Shame as I have been using Remington shavers for years but the quality has clearly gone down hill
Nothing
Doesn't cut, scratches

Not impressed

I brought the smooth and silky thinking that it was the next step up from my old shaver and I have to say I love my old one more. The smooth and silky has this plastic bit in front of the blades, I'm finding it is actually preventing the blades from cutting the hair shorter! The only way to cut the hair is to push hard and scrap along the skin, but you have to do this several times in one area to actually achieve smooth shaved legs! Ridiculous who thought this was a good idea!
Nothing appeals if it doesn't shave properly
It doesn't do it job! Shave!

Rooni