Renault

Renault

Kylie W.

Kylie W.South East Queensland, QLD

Absolute Lemon - Renault 2017 Megane Gt Line!

Purchased this vehicle 2 years ago and have had nothing but problems ....... 12 months after purchase the transmission had to be replaced, now 12 months on and another major part in the transmission is gone and doesn't move through gears - but Renault Australia has just informed me that this is not a major issue however the vehicle is undriveable. The head unit from word go has not performed properly and Renault's way of fixing is do a computer software update - now has had three or more already and still doesn't function correctly. Not to mention the other various issues and Renault Australia want me to keep this vehicle - have asked for replacement vehicle or refund - looks like we are off to court.

Damir

DamirGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very bad customer service and car service from Renault Australia.

Very bad customer service and servicing of the car. Promised fixed price service for first 3 years, but nothing included

Mei Na D.

Mei Na D.Sydney, NSW

Be careful to buy renault master van

My, master van was having 4times engine off in the middle of road,for this issue, renualt service spent almost 3months to find the issue. Now 4months passed, my master van has new issue, front shoke has oil leaking. I reported to service center, they booked me for almost 3-4weeks after. How amazing, and tell me, if you found you need urgent repair,you can bring in but we are not going to look at until we have time. Probably 1week and no loan van.
So amazing. Really regret to buy renault master van, service is really really poor. Unbelievable,it is happening in Australia.

Non Existant roadside assist

Purchased a Koleos mostly because of the 5 year warranty and 5 year roadside assist. The first time I tried to call the roadside assist number there was no answer. Tried repeatedly over the following hour then called the dealership, who also could not raise them. (They were still trying to get an answer 2 days later) Eventually I had to sign up to the NRMA who helped out. I was promised a full refund by Renault although at the time of submitting this review, and after numerous promises I have still to received it. Do not buy a Renault for the warranty or roadside assist. Both are worthless.

Jack H.

Jack H.Sydney, NSW

Great car, terrible head office support

I bought a Zoe last October and am very pleased with the car. However, it was delivered without owner's manuals. I have been trying since November last year to get these sent to me from Customer Service in Melbourne, without success. There is still no projected delivery date and Renault is saying some customers have been waiting since March last year for their manuals. Sounds like they need a management shake-out.

Denis66

Denis66Sydney, NSW

Great ca

2 years of Megane Zen ownership, great car and trouble free driving. Fixed service costs is a plus, have done 39000 km on the original set of Continental tyres, and the brakes are still ok. Love all technology althought the stop start system is a bot cluncky hence prefer to switch it off. In my opinion a greatly underestimated car brand. Would consider buying Renault again.

Gav

GavSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer service

Don't bother ringing Renault customer service. They are useless. Don't believe it when they say they will call you back because it never happens. My advice is NEVER BUY A RENAULT

Imran

ImranWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Worst work vehicle ever, unreliable

Stay away from renault unless you can afford to be out of business for 3-4 months. My 2014 renault traffic stopped engaging transmission all of sudden. Had to wait 4 weeks for renault local dealer to have a look at it. After was told need new transmission which has to come from france and will potentially take 10-12 weeks after ordering parts. Looking over 6k for repairs.

Renault came through and went above and beyond

I recently purchased a 2014 Megane with all dealer service history and unfortunately after 1100kms of driving needed a major upgrade. The Renault team both customer service, the central team and the team down at Peninsula Renault went above and beyond to see what they could do to help. I was provided with a loan car straight away, the dealt with all the towing and getting it to their service centres and put in a good will insurance claim for me. I ended up being zero dollars out of pocket and the whole way throught he team were communicative, supportive and availabke to answer any questions I had. The car itself has been a gem - it was the one unfortunate malfunction thats now fixed. I will be getting a Renault again.

Gary

GaryBrisbane

Awful

1) Auto start and stop suddenly dead in the middle of nowhere.
2) Brake will to change in 2 years. $580
3) High coolant consumption
4) Change tyres in 2 years. $150 roughly for one
5) Change battery $400

You do the maths

Gary G.

Gary G.

Appalling Customer Relations

We have had 2 Renault cars that we had issues with and the approach of their Customer Relations department is just appalling. You are just dismissed and treated with contempt. You have to fight every step of the way to get anywhere. Ill never buy another Renault.

Robert I.

Robert I.Hobart, TAS

Renault Megane great little car

I brought a Renault Mk3 B32 Megane Privilege in 2011, it has never missed a beat, though it has always been serviced by an independant agent. I replaced the battery after eight years but was given ample warning via the car maintenance system that the old battery was on the way out, otherwise nothing electrical or mechanical has failed, couldn't be happier with the car.

Alan

AlanSydney, NSW

Terrible, major engine problem

Parts take forever to arrive from France. Car performance poor , Renault performance very sub standard. Shutdown your dealerships they don’t like providing crap car and crap service. The tow truck driver said that Renaults keep him in business

spider66

spider66QLD, 4211

Shocking Customer Service

I seriously doubt this car brand will be around much longer in Australia. I had serious problems with a brand new Renault. I wasn't getting any help from the dealer and the Service Manager would hide in his back office if I went to see him. I received no feedback no email no follow up. In the year 2020 if a company cannot even reply to a customers email you know its a very average company. Stay away be warned as soon you drive out of the showroom your totally on your own.

Eddie

EddieSydney, NSW

Don't be fool for the first year of good running