2Renault Captur

Interior Design
Boot Size
Comfort
Features
See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Renault Captur18 reviews
JEEP J.
JEEP J.VICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC19 posts
  Captur XJB Intens

Good Value

When COVID hit new cars were hard to find. Renault had the Captr Intens in a week. Neat car, comfortable, big tablet screen, good boot, rear seats can fold down. We are elderly so standard driving is quick enough. We never us the sports setting. Local driving fuel consumption is about 6.7/100 open road about 4.7. Annoying is it must use 95 premium fuel. The extra buy price did not include auto boot closer, nor fully adjustable front passenger seat. Never had any turbo lag on take off or mechanical issues. Renault did replace an electrical wiring loom under warranty. Services and support have been good. Show details
Braking
Handling
Lorraine L.
Lorraine L.2 posts

Great value csr

Purchased 2nd hand 5 year old Renault Captur can't fault great value car. Had a Renault 13 39 years ago it was great also. Show details
Dan
Dan5 posts

Compressor Issue after only 6+ years

It was a great car but the frustration was on the A/C compressor. After 6 years seems got faulty after the check from service center. Aircon cannot handle above 25 degrees and it produce hot air instead of cool air.
Unfortunately the Captur warranty was only 5 years. I hope Renault will provide longer warranty specifically to the A/C compressor as I have seen a lot on forum the issue on the Captur A/C compressor. Replacing this part is a fortune plus the fitting cost.

If you had other choice and looking for mini SUV, I won't recommend the Captur unless they give a 10 years warranty so at least you maximize theinvestment. I do have other cars (small.medium) and I dont have any issue with A/C compressor and didnt even do a re-gas. Show details

alf williams
alf williamsNSWSydney, NSW11 posts
  J87 Dynamique

stop /start button sometimes wont turn the engine of

I have a 2022 build Renault Captur ,I have had this car for 4 weeks has 1500kms on the clock, the problem with this car when you want to turn the engine off ,the engine wont shut down , the only way is to do a force engine shut down, I have spoken to to Renault dealers and you said it they have never heard of this problem even though there are blogs on the net on this problem , So is there any one have a 2022 Captur Rsline model ,if so did you get to why and the fix for this problem Show details
Carly
  Captur
JoyVictoria6 posts
StephenQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Great car but the aircon is always struggling when the ambient is above 28

Does any other Captur owners have issues with their aircon? My car struggles to provide cool air when the ambient is above 28 so here in Brisbane, that is most of the time in summer.
Renault dealer says there is nothing wrong. Going back next week and will do a screamer if they again tell me there is nothing wrong. In traffic, it stops blowing cold air. Stop at the traffic lights? Stops blowing cold air. Would be interested to hear from other Captur owners. Thanks, Show details
Goldie1951
Goldie1951VICGippsland, VIC10 posts
  Fair Incentive J87 Expression

Best car I have ever lwned

I have had my Renault for 3 years. It is very comfortable to drive. You feel like hour stepping up into it. The only issue I have with it is the section around the windscreen are a little too wide,making it a little hard to see pedestrians. Show details
Laurinda4207Queensland, 420716 posts
Andrew
Andrew6 posts
  Verified J87 Intens

Update model (MY 2018) fantastic

The Update model (MY2018) has everything you could need on a car. It's fully optioned. It drives well, ahndles well, and is comfortable. Note that the automatic transmission isnt a normal one. It is actually a DSG gearbox, or a manual gearbox that the computer shifts gears. The dual clutch menas that it drives just a manual, giving it great fuel economy. On a hill you will roll back, but there is hill start assist. My wife finds this a bit annoying but I have no issues. Overall its amazing that you can get a car with so many features for the price. A classy car.

Looking for new one
Looking for new oneVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC8 posts
  J87 Expression+

Pricey for what it is

We had our renault for under two months before all the troubles started. Although we managed to get them repaired with renault it was such a hassle getting them done. We wouldn't recommend buying from Barry Bourke Renault as the service was terrible in the end when it came to requesting repairs.

The Bluetooth connectivity is the worst on the market, even the salesman admitted that and you'd think in this ay and age they'd fix that before selling the vehicle.

If we could we probably would have gone with a different car if we knew all the problems we were going to have.

Other than that its a nice car to look at and the seat warmers are nice in winter

Suraj
SurajSydney6 posts
  Verified J87 Expression

Love the driving experience !!

We have had our Renault Captur for 3 months and find it so easy to drive. Its fully loaded with all the features of the top end car.The seats are also very comfortable. It has a decent size boot space and we have shipped so much furniture folding the rear seats. I can say we got almost all our boxes ticked with this car.

Pickles
PicklesNSWSydney, NSW7 posts

Renault Captur 2017

We have had our Renault Captur for 3 months and find it so easy to drive. It is an excellent vehicle for empty nesters like us or a young person too. It is very smooth and quiet to drive and we have to be careful not to speed.

The seats are also very comfortable. Only negative is the lack of storage space and only 1 full size drink holder in the front.

Mel
MelGosford9 posts

Captured

Easy to use interfaces Sat Nav, radio etc Simplicity, nice to drive , getting 6.8l per 100kms, handles fine, the inclusions were good, expression model.

Bluetooth works fine with my iPhone, I noticed reviews to the contrary,

Renault has got it right even with the shape!(Mazda designer)

I would recommend as a small car to anyone, only negative is not e10 compatible