Renault Kangoo X61.I

Renault Kangoo X61.I

1.0 from 1 review

See the Best Vans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Rotor

RotorPerth

Absolute load of rubbish

Rides as rough as guts Very noisy The automatic transmission is very poor with falling back to second gear at free way speeds engine light comes on and you have to shut the engine down and restart Replaced gearbox now its worse Had a Combo before this it wasn't great but at 200k km it drove better and more quietly than the Kangoo Eurotrash
It moved

notacarbuff
notacarbuff

Ebenezer

Ebenezerasked

Please I have a Kangoo maxi with year of manufacturer as 2012 and manual.It is 1.4 engine capacity......

Chassis number....VF1FW15M547393038 and diesel

I recently experienced the engine sound have changed, sounding very loud like a corn mill machine
This used not to be so ,sometimes people even say the sound was mild like petrol engine

Please what is the cause and how do we resolve this?

Mal
Mal

Can't be certain but when an engine suddenly becomes unusually loud the culprit can be the exhaust system. Check for manifold, cracked pipes or a holed muffler.

hpkangoo

hpkangooasked

Hi Guys!
I got 2011 petrol auto 1.6 l. I am facing the problem like while driving a van when it is running from height to lower surface, it is not changing gear and start making noise, on flat surface no problem. Means, if I am going down from hilly area, it change gear late and as speed is more compare to gear, make lots of noise.
Please help, I just got fed up with this problem.
Thanks in advance!

ferkemall

Your gear box sounds like it's short on fluid, if it does not have enough fluid in it going up hill the fluid goes to the back of the box and the pump is sucking air into the system causing problems, you will need to check the level, you need to get the vehicle level, handbrake on start engine in neutral and undo the level, plug if fluid starts to run out of level, plug the level if OK but if nothing comes out you're short on fluid so you will have to undo the fill plug on top of the box with the engine still running pour in fresh until it starts to run out of the level plug.
When you have one of these units it will pay to drain the unit and fill with Fully synthetic fluid, a lot of people think they can run on dex2 or 3, they can't because they suffer from poor cooling. My advise is to drain the old out and fill with fresh.
There are 2 gearboxes, one just has a drain plug like my modus the other has a dual drainer/drain plug if like me you have only a drain plug look at the bottom of the box you will see a sensor, put a container under it and take it out start the engine in neutral and the fluid will run out.
OK hope that helps!

ferkemall

Oops.. I meant to say level plug. My modus only has the level plug it does not have a drain plug, I wish it did, life would be a lot easier but then it's French!
Opps again the level plug is the drain plug you just need an 8 mm key to put up there and undo the level tube that's up inside !

Get an answer from our members and Renault representatives

CategoryVans