Renault Koleos

Renault Koleos (page 2 of 4)

HZG (2016-2019) and H45 (2008-2015)

Zen 4x2 - Smooth operator!

I am over the moon with this car. It's smooth, economical and full of little luxuries.

After owning a '06 Megane, that is still as reliable as the day it was made, proved it's safety on more than on occasion and our dealer are super-stars, the choice was clean when it was time for us to buy a second car.

I don't have a bad thing to say. If I had to really try, I would say the low idle can feel a little bit un-refined when stationary and the AC isn't running. With that being said, I feel it has lessened over the last couple of months. At the end of the day I would rather this, than an engine with start-stop fitted.

The standard sound system is beautiful, I use the heated seats way more than I thought I would and the climate system is very responsive to changes in temperature and sunlight. Apple car play is a game changer, we use it every single day!

The active safety features are well implemented. I have had the forward emergency braking kick in once and it only did it to support me (wasn't stopping hard enough) and only when you need it to. The rest of the time, they are just in the background, standing guard.

Rear leg room and cargo space was important and doesn't disappoint. No dramas with space when we have multiple passengers.

Fuel economy is fantastic, currently averaging 8.2L per 100/km, most of our driving is done at 60-80km/h and at the time of this review we have done 9100km.

Thank you Renault!

UPDATE: So we have now done 14,000km and our fuel consumption has improved further, hovering between 7.2 and 7.4 L/100km. Very happy!

Purchased in January 2018.

Noise Level
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

Love the car - Koleos Life MY18

A very good stylish looking car, Good value for money, handles well. Build is far better than Honda CRVs. Interior feels much nicer for $32,000 mid size SUV, nice features. 10.5L/100km. A/c works well with dual climate control which i feel is a std. for this range. Spacious legroom, comfortable , reasonably quite while driving, CVT is good.

BadgeKoleos Life MY18
Date PurchasedAug 2018

Very reliable

Previous car was a Tiguan with all the bells and whistles. Looked at the Renault Koleos and it had many of the same safety features and gadgets but more. Cost was a lot less than a new Tiguan and cannot fault it. Running costs are good, smooth on the road, stylish and safe. Good family SUV with a lot of class.

Badge2016
Date PurchasedJan 2018

Amazing 2018 4x4 Koleos Zen

I never paid much attention to Ranult, nor French cars in general; until by accident i came across a review of the Renault Koleos. OFcourse, i wanted to test drive the car for myself, and was blown away with the drive and plethora of features available!!! This car is absolutely amazing, in every regard. For a medium sized SUV it feels more like a large SUV inside. The Zen completes the vehicle in every way with features; from having a dedicated sat nav and apple car play, to the amazing interior and other features. This car has an amazing range of features for a very competitive price tag. Don’t bother with Korean and JApanese cars. You’ll get allot more from this one!!! And its very affordable.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Itens, still the best!!!

Looked for so long for new or used car that fitted what I needed and wanted. I live with some special physical needs due to illness and really was after something long term, but it also had to be multi purpose [tow, on road, off road, animals, adults, kids, long distance, shopping etc..] I mean it was a long list & I was prepared to spend to get it. Also I wanted all the nice little luxury bits & pieces you'd expect from top range cars. Months went by [I am really fussy] no luck, one reason or another nope, even top of the scale cars Mercs, Audi, BMW, and I looovvvee these cars but always something. And then I walked past the Renault showroom, just looking at the new stuff, wandered inside & there stood the new Intens. I kid you not it was love at first sight, it had everything including semi-auto park & mood lighting, 4wd, 7 speed, you name it & sexy looks. Big question, ease of access, comfort long term & ride?? Test drive, that was it, no more questions. This thing was so new they didn't have a price yet and the dealer was still reading the manual. When I found out how much she was, I bought the one I tested right off the floor. Just added a tow pack, that was it!!!! Nothing stacked up against it, still doesn't. She's been put through everything I could throw at her at has never missed a beat, even covered in mud dust & bird poo she still has people commenting on how lovely she is & when they look inside, well wow!!! and when I get in I still love how she says hello. This a real owner review, this is a real car & a daily drive & we live in the country, so she has been truly tested, even 9 straight hours of highway. No rattles, no trim problems, nothing. Give her a clean & she still looks showroom. Ok I'll go now.....

Date PurchasedAug 2016

My dream car at an affordable price

Absoloutely love my Renault Koleos. Have also had my eye on very expensive cars but came across this one and fell in love with it, and the best part was I could actually afford it. There is so much room, the design is so smooth and good looking and I can’t imagine having a different car after this one.

Beautiful car

Very nice features, adorable car, approx. 11L/100KM, comfortable leather seats, Bose speakers, spacious boot, Cruise Control, fog lights, looks beautiful. The car is spacious, and the a.c. works very well. The only negative thing I can think is of is that it requires premium unleaded petrol, but the features offset that.

BadgePrivilege
Date PurchasedMar 2016

2015 Koleos - Excellent car

The 2015 Koleos (purchased in the latter part of 2016) was our first "European" car after I traded in my Hyundai Tuscon 2010 model. The Koleos was the base model BUT came with a full 7" sat-nav, no key entry, card start and a 2.5 litre engine. The overall performance of the car is great. Handling is very good and it has enough power to go up steep hills while the air con is going without missing a beat. Front leg room is excellent but the back leg room could have been bigger but overall, the car is nearly perfect for my needs. My German Shepherd Dog loves the "boot" space and is very comfortable on long trips. So far, it has been very reliable and as it has the first 3 years capped service, the maintenance costs are very reasonable. Its petrol consumption is also very good and is comparable to my Tuscon which was only a two litre engine. Overall, it is an absolute pleasure to drive.

BadgeExpression
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedJul 2016

Perfect Family car

After 6 months car searches I found the One! Koleos,it has everything i need! All the modern features and options! Love it
The engine is not the fastest but if u r not planning to drive the car like a Formula then its ok! Leather seats,sunroof, large lcd display is great! One thing i dont like is that it has no CD player,that is all!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Renault Koleos Life - Go You Good Thing!

Purchased Renault Koleos Life base model in mid 2017 on a special driveaway deal 2016 plate car.

Good:
- Those looks, wow! No other car this side of 50k comes even close but that is admittedly subjective
- Engine has plenty of power, bit of an oldie but proven and reliable 2.5L taken straight from Nissan Xtrail
- Transmission is smooth and confident
- Full digital dashboard, easy to read, customisable. Makes the ones with old-school dials look ancient and hard to read
- Spacious inside, superbly comfortable, classy, mostly quality switches and plastics. Excellent audio quality.
- Excellent rear view camera, crystal clear, auto-adjusts brightness, accurate guiding lines
- Great warranty, servicing intervals, free roadside assistance. Value for money+++
- Those looks - deserves 2nd mention

Bad:
- R-Link software is incredibly complicated
- Paint is thin. Yes, thin. Even the gentlest scratch will strip away the external layer of paint. Good luck with rock chips on gravel roads, especially if car is white. I would happily give Renault $15 they saved on the paint to make this right
- fuel consumption bit higher than advertised, on standard roads and reasonable braking and accelerating
- cruise control falls apart on hills, can rev uncontrollably

BadgeLife
Date PurchasedMay 2017
1 year update: car runs well, smooth, no issues at all. Still loving the looks, on a scale from VW Tiguan to 10 I’d rate it a solid 9. Bigger wheels on base model would be a 10, which higher models have but -1 for gaudy chrome on these models like the fake chrome dual exhausts lol. This car is a winner!

Great value for money

Needed to change to a family car and have been comparing Koleos with Mazda CX5. After doing test drive for both cars, I found that their performance are very close to each other. I like that you can hardly notice gearbox changing with Koleos. Although some people have complained about engine noise, I still find it fairly quiet.
With our budget, we were able to get the Koleos top model with sunroof, tinted windows, leather seats, automatic tailgate and Bose sound system etc. However, if we were going for CX5, we can only get the basic model which is without all of the above.
The other things that Koleos ticked our boxes are the look and its legroom. We have received so many compliments and no one would believe this car is such good value.
Absolutely enjoying all that this car has to offer!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Love the koleos intens

Great car . love the driving experience . Engine and cvt transmission suits us as a older couple. Technology a bit daunting downloaded R Link manual getting used to slowly. Auto tailgate doesn't work with towbar . Dealer said they can fix this . Overall 5 stars. 5 year warranty and roadside assist.

BadgeIntend
Date PurchasedSep 2017
As mentioned auto tailgate didn’t work after fitting towbar. Dealer fitted a additional harness and remounted the sensor . Works Well .

New Koleos - too many issues ruin a great car

Owned 2 previous Koleos, so excited when the new model arrived.

Whats good - loads of tech, more legroom, smooth ride, awesome BOSE sound system.

What's bad - engine is too under-powered for the size. The cruise control can't hold the speed without the revs screaming on a hill. The bonnet design is poor. The wind gets under it on the freeway and it bounces around looking like it will fly off. I have had people pull up next to me on the freeway gesturing that my bonnet catch is not done up. Some of the tech is complex to use and dangerous to navigate through while driving. The phone interface is poor. Given up on it recognising my commands - never a problem on the previous model. Had the Renault dealer fit a Renault towbar - which wiped out the foot controlled boot release and shows an annoying rear parking sensor fault whenever I tow anything. The boot raising (and closing) mechanism works about 70% of the time. The proximity key is so sensitive, if you have it on you you can't walk around the car to the other side without it locking the car again. The speed camera detector which tells you to reduce speed often doesn't stop telling you to slow down - even when stopped at a red light. Loved the chilled glove box on the old model - which they got rid of. Now you have a vent with cold air in the drink holder. Except the lever to open and close the vent operates vertically so as you slide a can or bottle of drink in the holder, it closes the vent.... On narrower country roads, the auto dimming high beam detects its own light and dims the lights.

Could be a great car ... but sadly isn't. Rang Renault H/O in Australia on two occasions about issues and never got a return call. If they don't or won't listen to their customers, they wont be able to improve their vehicles.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Brilliant.

Bought the Renault Koleos Bose 2015 as a demo model. It's now got close to 20,000km and we've not had a problem with it. The on road performance is excellent. Visibility, power and responsiveness all great. Braking and steering are good and, importantly with children, it's safety rating is good. It's a good looking vehicle.

Most surprisingly, however, the ride comfort is as good as much higher priced vehicles. Seamless and intuitive blue tooth connectivity, heated seats, electric seats with memory, sat nav and, obviously, sound system, rear camera, driver assist. It really is packed with extras.

We have 3 small children and it gets a bit tight if we're going anywhere with heaps of luggage but has otherwise performed fantastically for us.

We've had a Renault service done and the customer service was excellent. It was also no more expensive than anything else. Along with a 5 year warranty, I'm very happy with our choice.

BadgeBose
Date PurchasedNov 2016

The car is ok the customer service is not

The car itself is good except the lack of CD player. The engine makes a bit of noise and on the high way it can get shaky. The interior is nice however the functions are not user friendly and takes time to get used to. Difficult to switch between medias (no short cuts). The legroom is adequate and the fuel seems quite efficient so far.

Bose is no longer included in the 'Life' option.

BadgeLife
Date PurchasedJun 2017

Awesome car meet all your need

I purchased the 2012 bose model with diesel engine. The engine is so powerful that I do not feel any struggling when going uphill. So far I have travelled to 50k and no problems at all. Diesel engine is high recommended because it give you more power with less fuel. My Kolios consumes averagely 7.5 litre per 100km. Considering cost and performance I reckon French cars stand out, such as Renault, Citroen. Those French cars are built with good quality performance and intelligence. The little things are very convenient such as the sun blinds at the rear doors, I noticed there is no such blinds in the Germany cars. I believe more and more people are going for Kolios as this car is catching more people's attention.

Germany cars cost you a fortune, Asian cars are too cheap, French cars like Kolios have the Germany car quality and Asian cars cost. My next car is definitely Renault or Citrone.

BadgeBose
Date PurchasedOct 2015

Renault number four totally trouble free motoring

This is now my fourth Renault I can honestly say that I've never had one single problem with any of my vehicles not even has a light bulb blown. My new Koleos is fantastic to drive with plenty of room for someone over six foot tall like me. The cabin is very high tech with all the latest features and a huge touchscreen in the centre console. The ambient lighting is also another cool feature making the cabin and night time look totally different with each colour you select. There are so many great features like cooled seats automatic tailgate and sensors surrounding the whole car. I guess my advice to anyone looking for a new car is go out and test drive one for yourself it may not be a common brand in Australia but trust me it's definitely worth a look the staff at Renault were fantastic.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Good looks good to drive

Have only had the new 2017 Koleos Zen a few weeks but so far I am impressed with the way it drives and the way it looks. Basically a Nissan Xtrail but with Renault accoutrements, it has a similar shape to a lot of SUV's presently on the market but the seller for me was the 2.5 litre motor and the inside appointments including heaps of leg room both front and rear and loads of boot space. We hired one before buying, to travel on a holiday around Tasmania and with 4 adults and all their luggage the car performed well with comfort. I just love the media system, it is top class and gives you easy contol over appearance and performance of all navigation, media, dashboard appearance and courtesy lighting in the car. All controlled via the beautifully set 7inch screen. I also like the range of controls on the steering wheel although the controls on the stem are sometimes a little hard to see through the spokes of the wheel. Push button start electric brake and auto headlights and wipers are all a new experience for me but they work well. This car is replacing a Nissan Pathfinder so I just hope that it gives us the same fantastic reliability. I will be reporting more on this in the future but with 5 years warranty I hope to have good motoring. Oh I forgot to mention the Sales Manager Lachlan at Metro Renault really looked after us.

Koleos Intens - Excellent

We have just done 10,000km in 6 mths in our new Koleos Intens and I could not fault this vehicle. I Fuel economy averages 7.6L per 100kms. Features are fantastic, seating is not only heated but air conditioned & we use it all the time. Tyre pressure monitored alerted me to a puncture & you get free roadside assistance. The side mirrors fold in which is great for car parking. Just have to remember to top up the windscreen wiper reservoir bottle as servicing is at 30,000 kms and is free for 3 years. It has auto parking features which I am yet to use, multiple storage compartments in the front and good leg room in the back. Sensors all round and reversing camera comes in handy. Love the panoramic sunroof. Checked out a top of the range Honda CRV and no comparison on features and the price was around the same. Absolutely love this car and Cricks at Springwood Qld have given great customer service.

BadgeIntens 4x4
Date PurchasedOct 2016

Provides Perfect Professional Purpose

As a full-time share ride provider, I needed a vehicle which would deliver a professional experience to all my clients. I wanted a mid-size SUV which would be economical and roomy. Renault's marriage with Nissan has delivered a vehicle which is the best in class, in my opinion. I have received numerous comments from riders regarding the roominess and set out of the interior. They have been almost as impressed as I have been. And the external appearance has also drawn attention. Add to this the 30000 km service schedule with the first 3 services free (Yep you heard right) and the 5 yr warranty (an extra year added on by the dealer to make it 6 yrs) and I couldn't go past the Koleos. I chose the Zen 2WD and it has delivered above and beyond what I expected. I can only throw superlatives at my Renault Koleos. The CVT is smooth. The fuel economy is around 8 litres per 100 km and the majority of my driving is around town. The features are impressive and by no means gimicky. It is a comfort to drive. My work adds about 2000 km per week so I consider I am very qualified to comment on the vehicle's performance. I am converted.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

I have a 2016 Renault Koleos that I have had the bonnet completely replaced because it was moving about everywhere when experiencing wind pressure. The replacement isn’t much better. Has anyone else had this problem and had it resolved?
They’re just light, i had an xtrail with the same issue now i’ve just learned to ignore it, same as when you can see it bouncing around whilst idling in drive without the air con on.

Hi i cannot insert my Renault Koleos card why

Hi I have a Koleos 09 just wondering about when do I replace timing belt/chain which is it belt or chain thanks

HZG Intens 4WD DieselHZG Intens 4WD PetrolHZG Intens FWD PetrolHZG LifeHZG S-EditionHZG ZenKoleos H45HZG Initiale
Starting Price $47,990$47,990$45,870$30,990$44,990$37,990$45,490
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypeDieselPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Wheels18" Alloy19" Alloy19" Alloy17" Alloy19" Alloy18" Alloy19" Alloy
Doors5555555
Seats5555555
Fuel Consumption6.1L/100km8.3L/100km8.1L/100km8.1L/100km8.3L/100km8.3L/100km8.3L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 60 L60 L60 L60 L60 L60 L60 L
Engine4 Cylinder, 2L4 Cylinder, 2.5L4 Cylinder, 2.5L4 Cylinder, 2.5L4 Cylinder, 2.5L4 Cylinder, 2.5L4 Cylinder, 2.5L
Max Power130kW @ 3750rpm126kW @ 6000rpm126kW @ 6000rpm126kW @ 6000rpm126kW @ 6000rpm126kW @ 6000rpm126kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque380Nm @ 2000rpm226NM @ 4400rpm226Nm @ 4400rpm226Nm @ 4400rpm226Nm @ 4400rpm226Nm @ 4400rpm226Nm @ 4400rpm
Country of ManufactureSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth Korea
Safety Features ABS (Antilock Braking System), AEB (Auto Emergency Braking), Blindspot Warning System, ESC (Electronic Stability Control), Forward Collision Warning, ISO-fix Compatible, Lane Assist, Reversing Camera, Seat Belt Reminders and Tyre Pressure MonitorABS (Antilock Braking System), AEB (Auto Emergency Braking), Blindspot Warning System, ESC (Electronic Stability Control), Forward Collision Warning, ISO-fix Compatible, Lane Assist, Reversing Camera, Seat Belt Reminders and Tyre Pressure MonitorABS (Antilock Braking System), AEB (Auto Emergency Braking), Blindspot Warning System, ESC (Electronic Stability Control), Forward Collision Warning, ISO-fix Compatible, Lane Assist, Reversing Camera, Seat Belt Reminders and Tyre Pressure MonitorABS (Antilock Braking System), AEB (Auto Emergency Braking), ESC (Electronic Stability Control), Forward Collision Warning, ISO-fix Compatible, Lane Assist, Reversing Camera and Seat Belt RemindersABS (Antilock Braking System), AEB (Auto Emergency Braking), Blindspot Warning System, ESC (Electronic Stability Control), Forward Collision Warning, ISO-fix Compatible, Lane Assist, Reversing Camera, Seat Belt Reminders and Tyre Pressure MonitorABS (Antilock Braking System), AEB (Auto Emergency Braking), Blindspot Warning System, ESC (Electronic Stability Control), Forward Collision Warning, ISO-fix Compatible, Lane Assist, Reversing Camera, Seat Belt Reminders and Tyre Pressure Monitor
Extra Features Android Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Headlights, Automatic Parking Assist, Automatic Start/Stop Engine, Automatic Wipers, Bluetooth Connectivity, Built-In Navigation System, Dual Zone Air Conditioning, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Telescoping Steering Wheel, USB Port and Voice ControlAndroid Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Headlights, Automatic Parking Assist, Automatic Wipers, Bluetooth Connectivity, Built-In Navigation System, Dual Zone Air Conditioning, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Telescoping Steering Wheel, USB Port and Voice ControlAndroid Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Headlights, Automatic Parking Assist, Automatic Wipers, Bluetooth Connectivity, Built-In Navigation System, Dual Zone Air Conditioning, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Telescoping Steering Wheel, USB Port and Voice ControlAndroid Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Headlights, Automatic Wipers, Bluetooth Connectivity, Dual Zone Air Conditioning, Telescoping Steering Wheel, USB Port and Voice ControlAndroid Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Headlights, Automatic Parking Assist, Automatic Wipers, Bluetooth Connectivity, Built-In Navigation System, Dual Zone Air Conditioning, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Telescoping Steering Wheel, USB Port and Voice ControlAndroid Auto / Apple Carplay, Automatic Headlights, Automatic Wipers, Bluetooth Connectivity, Built-In Navigation System, Dual Zone Air Conditioning, Heated Seats, Telescoping Steering Wheel, USB Port and Voice Control
Ground Clearance210 mm210 mm210 mm210 mm210 mm210 mm
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)1,650 kg2,000 kg2,000 kg2,000 kg2,000 kg2,000 kg2,000 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateJan 2016Jan 2016Jan 2016Jan 2016Jan 2016Jan 2016Jan 2008Jan 2017