Renault Master

Renault Master (page 2 of 2)

X62 and X70

See the Best Vans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Has almost cost me more in repairs than I paid for van

BadgeAir
WheelbaseMedium
TransmissionSemi-Automatic
Engine Size2.5L Turbo

Renault Master van

I have just bought a Ford Transit, glad to get rid of my Master van, what a load of crap, had it from new 2012 nothing but trouble they had the van more than i did.
Good riddance Renault van.

good gumdrops

Andrew

Andrewbrisbane

Van is good,warranty repairs are crap in Brisbane

Engine Size2.5L Turbo

Worst van in australia

I bought my Renault Master brand new from Peter Warren Warwick Farm. After 8000kms the transmission broke completely and it needed to be changed which was a cost to Renault between $6000-$6500 and it took 3 weeks to fix at Peter Warren Mascot.

After 3.5 years on 79000kms I had to change the gear box at the cost of $8900. The person who does most of the repairs for Renault gearboxes told me it is very common recurring problem with this particular model gear box.

My advice to all...don't buy this terrible van. Its not worth your money!!

BodyVan

Very happy with our Master vans

Run two 2013 Masters. Both bought new, we do about 60K per year. Both fine so far, but I would stress the need for good regular maintenance. If you run them hard and don't service them, don't expect them (or anything else) to last. Curious about original poster - our two vehicles both older, but factory warranty was 3 yrs/200k, not 100k as claimed. Out of interest, if Mercs are as good as you say, why did you buy Renault? Serious question.

JoHSydney, NSW

We made a mistake, we bought three!

A1Aussie
A1Aussie

Im looking to buy a lwb renault, did they honour there warrenty during the first 100,000 ? and what is the van that you would recomend ? I live in the country and there is only a ford dealer locally. What are your thoughts of the ford?

lisa.hinder.7
lisa.hinder.7

Jagjit Singh T.

Jagjit Singh T.asked

Hi , i have Renault master mvd, and it is showing message check emission, anyone know how to fix , because the van is still running well.

JOHN q.

JOHN q.asked

Hi guys where is the jack in a master van & how do i lower the spare from under the van please.

Grace B.

Grace B.asked

Master X62

Saturday whilst going through a round about, the dash said the van was in gear 2, but the van was reving like it was in N.

Rolled over parked and turned van off. Went to start van again but dash was still stating gear 2 and the light on the dash suggested service now. Van wouldn't start.

So waited 10 mins then tried starting, this time it defaulted into N and started and the light on the dash was gone.

Peter L.
Peter L.

Automatic gearbox, good luck!

Get an answer from our members and Renault representatives

Renault Master X70