X62, X70 (See All)
See the Best Vans in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Renault

• Comfort
  • Features

zac
zacSydney, NSW

0/10 dangerously poor design.

There’s too many things about this vehicle that annoy me to list them all. If you’re looking for a vehicle that’s unique for the sake of it rather than to make any improvements then this is the one.

Purchased in April 2021.

Jeff
JeffGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

totally agree

I own a Renault Master Cab Chassis 2018 2.3 Turbo Diesel 6 speed auto 22,500 klms on the clock.
I had the same issue with the Gearbox stuck in Neutral. Its turns out after a Diagnostic examination
that hydro service pump has to be replaced because they cannot repair the seals???? Its like a car that may have a puncture, so lets throw the wheel away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purchased in July 2020.

Brad
BradMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Avoid it at all costs...

This is by far the worst vehicle I’ve ever driven, coming from 25+ years in the transport industry!!! The automated transmission in theses things is the worst design and technology with stalling from stand still to not knowing which gear it wants down hill chopping and changing from low to a higher gear!! The seaty position is appalling with on up and down adjustment on the steering column. We too have had our work van in and out of the dealership repairing and replaCing the sliding passenger door to still be playing up!! The people mover is an absolute embarrassment to the Renault brand... cheap for a reason, avoid it at all costs...

Purchased in January 2019.

Paul M.
Paul M.South East Queensland, QLD

After Sales Service Absolutely Terrible

After sales service is rubbish, my service centre is Springwood Qld they are rude and do not help at all, there head office is also no help, I have had my own business for 10 years and I have never dealt a company that have treated a customer in this type of way, they never call me back, lie and don't fix your van properly, get them to look at it the other day and there was a pump that was not plugged back in under the engine, dont waste your time buying one of these piece of crap!

Purchased for $42,750.

Mei Na D.
Mei Na D.Sydney, NSW

Terrible service terrible head office

I had purchased master van on17/1/20 and I just had service on August. After first service,I had experienced engine off more 4 times in one month. And reported each time but the serviceman was not really care. I reported to head office but reply is very delay. Untill now, the issue still is not fixed. Waste my time and money. I have done 3times service in a month. Now loss job and loss money . No any answer. Be careful

Purchased in January 2020 at McCarroll's Automotive Group for $46,850.

My gear box issue

I have had a gearbox issue shown up on my renault master 2015 and now the mechanic says it the hydro robotic issues and its going to cost me an arm and a leg can anybody help or guide me to a solution to this hefty bill i am going to get

Purchased in June 2018 for $22,000.

dissapointed
dissapointedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Gear problems

TransmissionAutomatic
BoughtUsed

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.7 Dec 2021
NIck lh
NIck lhBrisbane

Rubbish van

Rubbish. Door handle fell off, central locking failed, could not lock sliding doors for two weeks, blue tooth and rear camera failed, paint peeled off both sliding door rails. Replaced under warranty but they scratched the paint work when replaced, the orange paint has gone chalky and powdery. Scallops in passenger rear tyre due to suspension issues. “This issue was brought to my attention buy a Renault mechanic who I did some work for”. Promises from customer service to get independent paint specialist to look at. Village motors in north lakes could not care less! Will engage fair trading now.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Leigh
LeighMelbourne

Avoid at all costs. Worst commercial Van to own, repetitive ongoing major faults and issues

Date PurchasedNov 2013

Find out how Renault Master compares to other Vans

A total nightmare...don't buy a renault....ever.

BadgeXtra long
WheelbaseExtra Long
Date PurchasedSept 2016
Pete
PeteNorwich

Gearbox gone

Gearbox gone at 60,000 miles back to a ford me thinks noisy van disappointed if this vehicle is going to cost a fortune to keep on the road only had 3 months dealer says it is common fault with Renault gearboxes so buyers beware will be bogging back to a transit cheaper to repair and more reliable.

WheelbaseLong
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedMar 2017

renault wear and tear

I bought a new Renault master dci 100 in 2012 medium wheel base from main dealer in limerick city milage at present 50 000 klms .only myself drives it van is very well looked and always serviced on time my problem is if fault happens they always seem to put something down to wear and tear and bill me for it with such small milage I cant see why I have had lots of new vans over the years and with 5 year warranty on vans this is a joke. cant get customer services on phone to complain 5 year warranty is only a sales plot Renault are a complete rip off and treat customers like rubbish so my advise is run away from Renault they only rip u off if u want good commercial transport look at any other vans Renault are your worst night mare

BadgeIntegral
TransmissionManual

KJ
KJVictoria

The worst van I ever had. Please avoid to purchase it.

If you are looking to buy this sort of van please think a lot. As me and 15 other people we got the contract and we all have bought this van. And everyone has some issues with this van. Don't buy if you are thinking it's cheaper than others. But truth is better pay more rather than feel cheated later.. The issue with this van is poor quality doors, not a great van to drive, poor suspension, in my van many parts were missing. Better check if you still buying this van that everything is working..good luck

WheelbaseLong
Stewart S
Stewart STara

Continuing saga of another blown gearbox at 75,000 klms

Engine Size2.5L Turbo

Renault Master van

I have just bought a Ford Transit, glad to get rid of my Master van, what a load of crap, had it from new 2012 nothing but trouble they had the van more than i did.
Good riddance Renault van.

Graeme S.
Graeme S.asked
Master

Am I right in assuming that there is no park mode in the auto gearbox of the Renault Master 2021 series?
The handbrake is the only method of securing the vehicle

Richard H.

That’s correct, weird hey. Would have actually thought it unroadworthy in days gone by as park brake was one check they did

EggChair J.asked
Master

Hi please help with opinions. Looking for a van to do deliveries, found a lwd renault master bus 2016. We need to finance the lot so wouldn't have $ for costly repairs or gearbox replacement. Please let me know your thoughts on this van, before I visited this site I've heard nothing but good, but now I see real feedback it looks scary. Please help. We are in a hurry to get deliveries out. My email [Personal Details Removed] Regards and thanks in advance John.

Joshua D.
Joshua D.

Great van much better than hiace or smaller vans used all over europe will go the distance

Richard H.

Good van apart from the auto, it’s a piece of outdated crap. Get a manual and you’ll be fine. $8000 later and my auto still isn’t fixed

Marek P.
Marek P.asked
Master

When I need to do gear box service?

rob14
rob14

The autos don't need alot of servicing as they are just a manual gearbox with a hydraulic module that changes the gears automatically. Alot of time when the auto gearbox has "failed" its just a worn clutch plate so the gearbox cant engage and starts throwing up errors. Usually happens 180,000-250,000km. Fit an new clutch kit, and usually as good as new. Also for those backing up hills with the heavy loads. Push the KG button on the dash. It changes the clutch engagement for heavy loads, and may improve things.

EggChair J.

Hi Rob can I ask if your a mechanic or own the same van? We are struggling our foton blew up now looking at getting a loan to buy a 2016 master bus lwb. Want to rip out the seats and use for delivering. The van has 80,000klm on it. Wonder your opinion compared to a small Mitsubishi express van at only few thousand more but much smaller carry space. Thanks for your time, not sure how this site works if you could email me or text/call would appreciate your feedback. [Personal Details Removed]

Get an answer from our members and Renault representatives

Compare both Renault Master