X62, X70 (See All)
See the Best Vans in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Renault

• Interior Design
  • Comfort
  • Features

2008 Renault Master Van

Purchased at Ford Dealers.

scottdooley1970
scottdooley1970Sydney, NSW

Renault refuse gearbox warranty claim

I have had an ongoing gearbox problem since the warranty period. Now it's out of warranty Renault is refusing to repair it! I have pointed out that I have been dealing with this problem for three years and now this problem had become dangerous I have sort to have the problem fixed. The gearbox won't select a gear and I'm stuck in the traffic. Apparently this is a gearbox problem with the earlier models , mines a 2012 model!

Purchased in March 2013 for $40,000.

Gaz f
Gaz f

Brand new Renault master no aircon

I brought motorhome and its built on Renault master, found out later aircon doesn't work was told by pary Renault the part would take 2 weeks to get here from France, now they are saying another 2 weeks I can not believe they have no spare parts in Australia. I'm not a very happy customer especially living in townsvile where aircon is a must all year round, the van is only 5 weeks old and has been sitting in my driveway for 4 of them.

BodyCab Chassis
Badge100.000
WheelbaseMedium
Engine Size2.3L Turbo
Date PurchasedOct 2018

expensive to maintain tyres, brake pads and rotors ,plus service every 30,000 kms

front wheel drive worst thing ever driven, turning circle need plenty of room to turn around and useless in hilly areas.interior cheap looking if use every day for work will cost a lot.i change tyres and brake pads ,rotors thee times a year where my second van is a transit only need to change once a year for same amount kms

Badge(No Badge)
WheelbaseLong
TransmissionManual
Engine Size2.3L Twin-Turbo
Date PurchasedApr 2015
Vans

Find out how Renault Master compares to other Vans

Renault Master Quickshift Gearbox

Loved the look and way the van drives but the gearbox has died at 75,000 km. Still not fixed after 3 weeks but thankfully still under warranty. Looks like the 75k mark is when lots of people start to have trouble with the gearbox. Only got 6mths left on the warranty so not looking forward to an 8k rebuild if it does it again. Help from dealers and Renault Australia was poor. Looks like a return to the merc sprinter. Dealer said they have 5 vans in the shop at the moment with similar issues. Renault need to look at providing loan vehicles when under warranty.

Badgemaster tech
WheelbaseLong
Engine Size2.5L Turbo
Date PurchasedMar 2013

Good van spoiled by brake binding problems

BodyCab Chassis
Badge1
WheelbaseExtra Long
TransmissionManual
Engine Size2.3L Turbo
Date PurchasedApr 2015

Has almost cost me more in repairs than I paid for van

BadgeAir
WheelbaseMedium
Engine Size2.5L Turbo

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.7 Dec 2021

Graeme S.
Graeme S.asked
Master

Am I right in assuming that there is no park mode in the auto gearbox of the Renault Master 2021 series?
The handbrake is the only method of securing the vehicle

Richard H.

That’s correct, weird hey. Would have actually thought it unroadworthy in days gone by as park brake was one check they did

EggChair J.asked
Master

Hi please help with opinions. Looking for a van to do deliveries, found a lwd renault master bus 2016. We need to finance the lot so wouldn't have $ for costly repairs or gearbox replacement. Please let me know your thoughts on this van, before I visited this site I've heard nothing but good, but now I see real feedback it looks scary. Please help. We are in a hurry to get deliveries out. My email [Personal Details Removed] Regards and thanks in advance John.

Joshua D.
Joshua D.

Great van much better than hiace or smaller vans used all over europe will go the distance

Richard H.

Good van apart from the auto, it’s a piece of outdated crap. Get a manual and you’ll be fine. $8000 later and my auto still isn’t fixed

Marek P.
Marek P.asked
Master

When I need to do gear box service?

rob14
rob14

The autos don't need alot of servicing as they are just a manual gearbox with a hydraulic module that changes the gears automatically. Alot of time when the auto gearbox has "failed" its just a worn clutch plate so the gearbox cant engage and starts throwing up errors. Usually happens 180,000-250,000km. Fit an new clutch kit, and usually as good as new. Also for those backing up hills with the heavy loads. Push the KG button on the dash. It changes the clutch engagement for heavy loads, and may improve things.

EggChair J.

Hi Rob can I ask if your a mechanic or own the same van? We are struggling our foton blew up now looking at getting a loan to buy a 2016 master bus lwb. Want to rip out the seats and use for delivering. The van has 80,000klm on it. Wonder your opinion compared to a small Mitsubishi express van at only few thousand more but much smaller carry space. Thanks for your time, not sure how this site works if you could email me or text/call would appreciate your feedback. [Personal Details Removed]

Get an answer from our members and Renault representatives

Compare both Renault Master