X62, X70 (See All)
See the Best Vans in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Renault

• Comfort
Bugs
BugsBowral nsw

Gear box problem

New Dec ‘20. When stopping trans would take over & select N or Drv3 would not allow acceleration..twice back to Cairns from Cooktown..10 days wait for pump..very scary for a senior solo lady when it selected neutral 1/2 way up one of steepest narrow roads in Oz. If I turned it off n on I could select Drive but then it started to stay in 1st or 2 Nd gear. Still waiting for girl to ph me back from head office since July.

Purchased in March 2021.

Worried about 6 speed auto

Have this reno under our motorhome and yes we find reversing up a hill hopeless. The clutch releases with a scary bang. It's great on the hyway heaps of power at 100 klm/ hr. The gearbox now at 20 thousand k has a clack between 2nd and 3rd gears up and down speeds. Renault said it was a noisy bearing on the tailshaft and apparently replaced it at 6 thousand k... The noise is still there and at the twelve month service they thought they could hear a noise.

BodyCab Chassis
Badge(No Badge)
WheelbaseMedium
TransmissionSemi-Automatic
Engine Size2.3L Turbo
Date PurchasedSept 2015

Great to drive but costly to keep

I bought two Renault Master one mid wheel base one long wheel base in June 2015 have already done a gearbox under warranty a manifold at my expense having problems with software and have done another manifold under warranty have done 70000 kilometres in one van and 200000 kilometres in the other I think when I come to replace these vehicles I'll go back to Volkswagen Crafter after winning best van 2017 award

BodyVan
Date PurchasedJune 2015

Graeme S.
Graeme S.asked
Master

Am I right in assuming that there is no park mode in the auto gearbox of the Renault Master 2021 series?
The handbrake is the only method of securing the vehicle

Richard H.

That’s correct, weird hey. Would have actually thought it unroadworthy in days gone by as park brake was one check they did

EggChair J.asked
Master

Hi please help with opinions. Looking for a van to do deliveries, found a lwd renault master bus 2016. We need to finance the lot so wouldn't have $ for costly repairs or gearbox replacement. Please let me know your thoughts on this van, before I visited this site I've heard nothing but good, but now I see real feedback it looks scary. Please help. We are in a hurry to get deliveries out. My email [Personal Details Removed] Regards and thanks in advance John.

Joshua D.
Joshua D.

Great van much better than hiace or smaller vans used all over europe will go the distance

Richard H.

Good van apart from the auto, it’s a piece of outdated crap. Get a manual and you’ll be fine. $8000 later and my auto still isn’t fixed

Marek P.
Marek P.asked
Master

When I need to do gear box service?

rob14
rob14

The autos don't need alot of servicing as they are just a manual gearbox with a hydraulic module that changes the gears automatically. Alot of time when the auto gearbox has "failed" its just a worn clutch plate so the gearbox cant engage and starts throwing up errors. Usually happens 180,000-250,000km. Fit an new clutch kit, and usually as good as new. Also for those backing up hills with the heavy loads. Push the KG button on the dash. It changes the clutch engagement for heavy loads, and may improve things.

EggChair J.

Hi Rob can I ask if your a mechanic or own the same van? We are struggling our foton blew up now looking at getting a loan to buy a 2016 master bus lwb. Want to rip out the seats and use for delivering. The van has 80,000klm on it. Wonder your opinion compared to a small Mitsubishi express van at only few thousand more but much smaller carry space. Thanks for your time, not sure how this site works if you could email me or text/call would appreciate your feedback. [Personal Details Removed]

Get an answer from our members and Renault representatives

Compare both Renault Master