X62, X70
See the Best Vans in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Renault

• Comfort
  • Features
Bali N.
Bali N.South East Queensland, QLD

It is a good van but mechanical improvements required.

Purchased in August 2020.

Peter
PeterGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great van with manual 5 speed gearbox

Renaut Master is great and reliable with a 5 speeds manual gearbox. Forget the semi-auto as it will send you broke....I use this van everyday and never had any issues or problems with the manual gearbox. I have now done 180 000 KMS from new and not a problem , just replaced a water pump and brake rotors twice but that is normal maintenance.. A great and easy vehicle for loading heavy cargo

Mark b
Mark bMaitland

Great van but dealers are rip offs

Engine and transmission manual is great very powerful gearbox is a bit noisy
Renault Australia services are very expensive $759 for a oil change laughable when questioned they said oh we use genuine parts the dual mass flywheel just failed it’s under warranty however if they pull it down and find something else there price for new flywheel and clutch Is $7500 the clutch place is $2300 same genuine parts so of course I could not trust Renault to replace so had to fork out of own pocket the side plastic bumper still came off $280 from Renault $31 on eBay for a genuine part now come on I think I’ll buy a vw next time what a shame but I do 100 000 km a year and can’t offord there ridiculous prices on parts and services

Badge(No Badge)

Vans

Find out how Renault Master compares to other Vans

Andrew
Andrewbrisbane

Van is good,warranty repairs are crap in Brisbane

Engine Size2.5L Turbo
BodyVan

Very happy with our Master vans

Run two 2013 Masters. Both bought new, we do about 60K per year. Both fine so far, but I would stress the need for good regular maintenance. If you run them hard and don't service them, don't expect them (or anything else) to last. Curious about original poster - our two vehicles both older, but factory warranty was 3 yrs/200k, not 100k as claimed. Out of interest, if Mercs are as good as you say, why did you buy Renault? Serious question.

Graeme S.
Graeme S.asked
Master

Am I right in assuming that there is no park mode in the auto gearbox of the Renault Master 2021 series?
The handbrake is the only method of securing the vehicle

Richard H.

That’s correct, weird hey. Would have actually thought it unroadworthy in days gone by as park brake was one check they did

EggChair J.asked
Master

Hi please help with opinions. Looking for a van to do deliveries, found a lwd renault master bus 2016. We need to finance the lot so wouldn't have $ for costly repairs or gearbox replacement. Please let me know your thoughts on this van, before I visited this site I've heard nothing but good, but now I see real feedback it looks scary. Please help. We are in a hurry to get deliveries out. My email [Personal Details Removed] Regards and thanks in advance John.

Joshua D.
Joshua D.

Great van much better than hiace or smaller vans used all over europe will go the distance

Richard H.

Good van apart from the auto, it’s a piece of outdated crap. Get a manual and you’ll be fine. $8000 later and my auto still isn’t fixed

Marek P.
Marek P.asked
Master

When I need to do gear box service?

rob14
rob14

The autos don't need alot of servicing as they are just a manual gearbox with a hydraulic module that changes the gears automatically. Alot of time when the auto gearbox has "failed" its just a worn clutch plate so the gearbox cant engage and starts throwing up errors. Usually happens 180,000-250,000km. Fit an new clutch kit, and usually as good as new. Also for those backing up hills with the heavy loads. Push the KG button on the dash. It changes the clutch engagement for heavy loads, and may improve things.

EggChair J.

Hi Rob can I ask if your a mechanic or own the same van? We are struggling our foton blew up now looking at getting a loan to buy a 2016 master bus lwb. Want to rip out the seats and use for delivering. The van has 80,000klm on it. Wonder your opinion compared to a small Mitsubishi express van at only few thousand more but much smaller carry space. Thanks for your time, not sure how this site works if you could email me or text/call would appreciate your feedback. [Personal Details Removed]

Get an answer from our members and Renault representatives

Compare both Renault Master