X62, X70 (See All)
See the Best Vans in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Renault

• Comfort
  • Features

Andrew N.
Andrew N.Sydney, NSW

Was a good price, but now has cost a bomb.

I use the van everyday, I drive it easy and nice but it just breaks down. Gearbox issues, clutch issues, map sensors and other sensors, now water pump has failed.

Purchased in February 2019 for $40,000.

zac
zacSydney, NSW

0/10 dangerously poor design.

There’s too many things about this vehicle that annoy me to list them all. If you’re looking for a vehicle that’s unique for the sake of it rather than to make any improvements then this is the one.

Purchased in April 2021.

Jeff
JeffGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

totally agree

I own a Renault Master Cab Chassis 2018 2.3 Turbo Diesel 6 speed auto 22,500 klms on the clock.
I had the same issue with the Gearbox stuck in Neutral. Its turns out after a Diagnostic examination
that hydro service pump has to be replaced because they cannot repair the seals???? Its like a car that may have a puncture, so lets throw the wheel away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purchased in July 2020.

Brad
BradMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Avoid it at all costs...

This is by far the worst vehicle I’ve ever driven, coming from 25+ years in the transport industry!!! The automated transmission in theses things is the worst design and technology with stalling from stand still to not knowing which gear it wants down hill chopping and changing from low to a higher gear!! The seaty position is appalling with on up and down adjustment on the steering column. We too have had our work van in and out of the dealership repairing and replaCing the sliding passenger door to still be playing up!! The people mover is an absolute embarrassment to the Renault brand... cheap for a reason, avoid it at all costs...

Purchased in January 2019.

Paul M.
Paul M.South East Queensland, QLD

After Sales Service Absolutely Terrible

After sales service is rubbish, my service centre is Springwood Qld they are rude and do not help at all, there head office is also no help, I have had my own business for 10 years and I have never dealt a company that have treated a customer in this type of way, they never call me back, lie and don't fix your van properly, get them to look at it the other day and there was a pump that was not plugged back in under the engine, dont waste your time buying one of these piece of crap!

Purchased for $42,750.

Bali N.
Bali N.South East Queensland, QLD

It is a good van but mechanical improvements required.

Purchased in August 2020.

Mei Na D.
Mei Na D.Sydney, NSW

Terrible service terrible head office

I had purchased master van on17/1/20 and I just had service on August. After first service,I had experienced engine off more 4 times in one month. And reported each time but the serviceman was not really care. I reported to head office but reply is very delay. Untill now, the issue still is not fixed. Waste my time and money. I have done 3times service in a month. Now loss job and loss money . No any answer. Be careful

Purchased in January 2020 at McCarroll's Automotive Group for $46,850.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Clara V.
Clara V.14 Feb 2022

My gear box issue

I have had a gearbox issue shown up on my renault master 2015 and now the mechanic says it the hydro robotic issues and its going to cost me an arm and a leg can anybody help or guide me to a solution to this hefty bill i am going to get

Purchased in June 2018 for $22,000.

Peter
PeterGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great van with manual 5 speed gearbox

Renaut Master is great and reliable with a 5 speeds manual gearbox. Forget the semi-auto as it will send you broke....I use this van everyday and never had any issues or problems with the manual gearbox. I have now done 180 000 KMS from new and not a problem , just replaced a water pump and brake rotors twice but that is normal maintenance.. A great and easy vehicle for loading heavy cargo

dissapointed
dissapointedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Gear problems

TransmissionAutomatic
BoughtUsed
Mark b
Mark bMaitland

Great van but dealers are rip offs

Engine and transmission manual is great very powerful gearbox is a bit noisy
Renault Australia services are very expensive $759 for a oil change laughable when questioned they said oh we use genuine parts the dual mass flywheel just failed it’s under warranty however if they pull it down and find something else there price for new flywheel and clutch Is $7500 the clutch place is $2300 same genuine parts so of course I could not trust Renault to replace so had to fork out of own pocket the side plastic bumper still came off $280 from Renault $31 on eBay for a genuine part now come on I think I’ll buy a vw next time what a shame but I do 100 000 km a year and can’t offord there ridiculous prices on parts and services

WheelbaseLong
TransmissionManual
Engine Size2.3L Twin-Turbo
Date PurchasedMay 2016
NIck lh
NIck lhBrisbane

Rubbish van

Rubbish. Door handle fell off, central locking failed, could not lock sliding doors for two weeks, blue tooth and rear camera failed, paint peeled off both sliding door rails. Replaced under warranty but they scratched the paint work when replaced, the orange paint has gone chalky and powdery. Scallops in passenger rear tyre due to suspension issues. “This issue was brought to my attention buy a Renault mechanic who I did some work for”. Promises from customer service to get independent paint specialist to look at. Village motors in north lakes could not care less! Will engage fair trading now.

WheelbaseMedium
Date PurchasedOct 2015

Leigh
LeighMelbourne

Avoid at all costs. Worst commercial Van to own, repetitive ongoing major faults and issues

WheelbaseMedium
Date PurchasedNov 2013

A total nightmare...don't buy a renault....ever.

BadgeXtra long
WheelbaseExtra Long
Date PurchasedSept 2016
Pete
PeteNorwich

Gearbox gone

Gearbox gone at 60,000 miles back to a ford me thinks noisy van disappointed if this vehicle is going to cost a fortune to keep on the road only had 3 months dealer says it is common fault with Renault gearboxes so buyers beware will be bogging back to a transit cheaper to repair and more reliable.

WheelbaseLong