X62, X70 (See All)
See the Best Vans in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Renault

• Features
Bugs
BugsBowral nsw

Gear box problem

New Dec ‘20. When stopping trans would take over & select N or Drv3 would not allow acceleration..twice back to Cairns from Cooktown..10 days wait for pump..very scary for a senior solo lady when it selected neutral 1/2 way up one of steepest narrow roads in Oz. If I turned it off n on I could select Drive but then it started to stay in 1st or 2 Nd gear. Still waiting for girl to ph me back from head office since July.

Purchased in March 2021.

Bali N.
Bali N.South East Queensland, QLD

It is a good van but mechanical improvements required.

Purchased in August 2020.

Peter
PeterGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great van with manual 5 speed gearbox

Renaut Master is great and reliable with a 5 speeds manual gearbox. Forget the semi-auto as it will send you broke....I use this van everyday and never had any issues or problems with the manual gearbox. I have now done 180 000 KMS from new and not a problem , just replaced a water pump and brake rotors twice but that is normal maintenance.. A great and easy vehicle for loading heavy cargo

Mark b
Mark bMaitland

Great van but dealers are rip offs

Engine and transmission manual is great very powerful gearbox is a bit noisy
Renault Australia services are very expensive $759 for a oil change laughable when questioned they said oh we use genuine parts the dual mass flywheel just failed it’s under warranty however if they pull it down and find something else there price for new flywheel and clutch Is $7500 the clutch place is $2300 same genuine parts so of course I could not trust Renault to replace so had to fork out of own pocket the side plastic bumper still came off $280 from Renault $31 on eBay for a genuine part now come on I think I’ll buy a vw next time what a shame but I do 100 000 km a year and can’t offord there ridiculous prices on parts and services

Badge(No Badge)
WheelbaseLong
TransmissionManual
Engine Size2.3L Twin-Turbo
Date PurchasedMay 2016
Vans

Find out how Renault Master compares to other Vans

Worried about 6 speed auto

Have this reno under our motorhome and yes we find reversing up a hill hopeless. The clutch releases with a scary bang. It's great on the hyway heaps of power at 100 klm/ hr. The gearbox now at 20 thousand k has a clack between 2nd and 3rd gears up and down speeds. Renault said it was a noisy bearing on the tailshaft and apparently replaced it at 6 thousand k... The noise is still there and at the twelve month service they thought they could hear a noise.

BodyCab Chassis
Badge(No Badge)
WheelbaseMedium
TransmissionSemi-Automatic
Engine Size2.3L Turbo
Date PurchasedSept 2015

Great to drive but costly to keep

I bought two Renault Master one mid wheel base one long wheel base in June 2015 have already done a gearbox under warranty a manifold at my expense having problems with software and have done another manifold under warranty have done 70000 kilometres in one van and 200000 kilometres in the other I think when I come to replace these vehicles I'll go back to Volkswagen Crafter after winning best van 2017 award

BadgeMaster
Harrietmouse
HarrietmouseLaunceston, TAS

good gumdrops

BodyVan

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
Clara V.14 Feb 2022
Andrew
Andrewbrisbane

Van is good,warranty repairs are crap in Brisbane

Engine Size2.5L Turbo
BodyVan

Very happy with our Master vans

Run two 2013 Masters. Both bought new, we do about 60K per year. Both fine so far, but I would stress the need for good regular maintenance. If you run them hard and don't service them, don't expect them (or anything else) to last. Curious about original poster - our two vehicles both older, but factory warranty was 3 yrs/200k, not 100k as claimed. Out of interest, if Mercs are as good as you say, why did you buy Renault? Serious question.

Vans

Find out how Renault Master compares to other Vans

Graeme S.
Graeme S.asked
Master

Am I right in assuming that there is no park mode in the auto gearbox of the Renault Master 2021 series?
The handbrake is the only method of securing the vehicle

Richard H.

That’s correct, weird hey. Would have actually thought it unroadworthy in days gone by as park brake was one check they did

EggChair J.asked
Master

Hi please help with opinions. Looking for a van to do deliveries, found a lwd renault master bus 2016. We need to finance the lot so wouldn't have $ for costly repairs or gearbox replacement. Please let me know your thoughts on this van, before I visited this site I've heard nothing but good, but now I see real feedback it looks scary. Please help. We are in a hurry to get deliveries out. My email [Personal Details Removed] Regards and thanks in advance John.

Joshua D.
Joshua D.

Great van much better than hiace or smaller vans used all over europe will go the distance

Richard H.

Good van apart from the auto, it’s a piece of outdated crap. Get a manual and you’ll be fine. $8000 later and my auto still isn’t fixed

Marek P.
Marek P.asked
Master

When I need to do gear box service?

rob14
rob14
EggChair J.

Get an answer from our members and Renault representatives

Compare both Renault Master