X62, X70 (See All)
See the Best Vans in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Renault

Ryan
RyanIllawarra, NSW

Towbar

Struggling to get a after market towbar no one can give me a Hayman Reece code the vehicle is a 1/2020 jayco rm19-1 does anyone know if the year older one fits it’s also Rwd

Purchased in March 2020.

sydneyo
sydneyo

Motorhome base

Very happy with the Mater cab chassis. Had it for two years and done 20,000 kms with zero issues. Capped price servicing is good at the $349 price I qualified for when I bought mine. Only issue I have is occasionally have to have more than one attempt to engage resverse gear - only a slight annoyance and reminds me of manual gearboxes of days gone by.

BodyCab Chassis
Badge(No Badge)
WheelbaseExtra Long
Date PurchasedAug 2016
Thomas
ThomasSydney, NSW

MotorHome

Very efficient. No problems so far. 15000kms and no issues except cant turn off lights. I’m told it’s standard in Europe but I drive a Citroen car same age and lights go off. Even though it’s a large MotorHome it handles like a normal van. For its size it’s surprisingly fuel efficient.

Body?
BadgeIntegral
Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Great van. could be improved

BodyVan
Badge(No Badge)
Date PurchasedJune 2015
Vans

Find out how Renault Master compares to other Vans

fan motor gave up

Totaly happy with master lwb. I am courier & have owned & driven 160k in 2.5 years, Manual gears, Good changes had no trouble at all until hot & humid qld took its toll on fan motor. Renault southport replaced & lent van for 2 days totaly free of charge. It would seem many of you have gearbox problems but mine perfect, Ave 8.6 per 100k every tank & 9.6 with a/c on. Most comfortable seat & cruises effortless on m1 @ 100/110kph. Service every 30k uses 1/2 ltr oil between. 80k new pads due now for 2nd set.
Very very good van & enormous inside. Merc was 1st choice but another $25k so think a bargain for money & extras as standard

BodyVan
BadgeX62
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedJan 2015

Graeme S.
Graeme S.asked
Master

Am I right in assuming that there is no park mode in the auto gearbox of the Renault Master 2021 series?
The handbrake is the only method of securing the vehicle

Richard H.

That’s correct, weird hey. Would have actually thought it unroadworthy in days gone by as park brake was one check they did

EggChair J.asked
Master

Hi please help with opinions. Looking for a van to do deliveries, found a lwd renault master bus 2016. We need to finance the lot so wouldn't have $ for costly repairs or gearbox replacement. Please let me know your thoughts on this van, before I visited this site I've heard nothing but good, but now I see real feedback it looks scary. Please help. We are in a hurry to get deliveries out. My email [Personal Details Removed] Regards and thanks in advance John.

Joshua D.
Joshua D.

Great van much better than hiace or smaller vans used all over europe will go the distance

Richard H.

Good van apart from the auto, it’s a piece of outdated crap. Get a manual and you’ll be fine. $8000 later and my auto still isn’t fixed

Marek P.
Marek P.asked
Master

When I need to do gear box service?

rob14
rob14

The autos don't need alot of servicing as they are just a manual gearbox with a hydraulic module that changes the gears automatically. Alot of time when the auto gearbox has "failed" its just a worn clutch plate so the gearbox cant engage and starts throwing up errors. Usually happens 180,000-250,000km. Fit an new clutch kit, and usually as good as new. Also for those backing up hills with the heavy loads. Push the KG button on the dash. It changes the clutch engagement for heavy loads, and may improve things.

EggChair J.

Hi Rob can I ask if your a mechanic or own the same van? We are struggling our foton blew up now looking at getting a loan to buy a 2016 master bus lwb. Want to rip out the seats and use for delivering. The van has 80,000klm on it. Wonder your opinion compared to a small Mitsubishi express van at only few thousand more but much smaller carry space. Thanks for your time, not sure how this site works if you could email me or text/call would appreciate your feedback. [Personal Details Removed]

Get an answer from our members and Renault representatives

Compare both Renault Master