Renovator Paint Runner Pro

Renovator Paint Runner Pro Questions & Answers (page 2 of 4)

64 questions from our users

Kenesha

Keneshaasked

How do you change the pad?

Estel N.asked

How long does it for paint to absorb on sponge

Tom

I didn’t dilute the paint I pour it straight in. It does take a few minutes I just keep rolling it until it starts to come through. Maybe 5 minutes.

Estel N.

Waited and waited nothing happened now its leaking all over

Janette W.

Janette W.asked

How much water do you mix with 5ltr for paint runner

Tom

I didn’t dilute it at all I just put it straight in and rolled it until it soaked through

Graham K

Graham Kasked

Can I use prp with watered down paint for fresh plaster?

Keith  H
Keith H

No No No and No

Sherrie

Sherrieasked

How can I send this back?

Val

Valasked

Can you use wood stain in the roller?

Marty K
Marty K

I think that wood stain would be too thin and would tend to run out of the cover even while filling and while rolling.

Andrew

Andrewasked

Paint won't flow, I'm using crown emulsion. Any suggestions?

Diane

I used dulux which wasn’t extremely thick. Although info gives you advice regarding humidity and thinning the paint I didn’t thin mine down. Mine took quite some rolling to get the paint flowing even after moistening the roller as instructed. All adverts, I believe show very sloppy paint. Either way mine still splashed on the handle and my hands. If you do thin it I think it’s trial and error with regard the coverage. Hope this helps.

Quig

Quigasked

What type of paint can u use?

Its so heavy, you'd have to use a very thin paint for it to go through. It clogs too. Seriously, use a good paintbrush and roller it's much quicker than wasting your time trying to get the paint pro to work for you.

Tom

I fillled mine with normal paint, filled it to the top, took a fair few minutes of rolling to soak through. Job done not one drip and works twice as fast as a brush.

steve

steveasked

can you get renewable roller head and how much will it cost?

jules
jules

saw one on Amazon for £19.99 which is stupid really as the whole lot costs £29.99 with all the other accessories included

Kamla

Kamlaasked

Can I paint doors with paint runner pro?

goodluck
goodluck

There is a seperate painter for doors Thanks Good Luck

Jackie M

Jackie Masked

Bought one of these & it has a small hole in the roller is it meant to be there?

sylvi
sylvi

to be honest im not sure they are so badly made im not sure. i bought 2 and they both looked different although if paint is keaking from that hole i would imagine its not supposed to there. either way i hope you have better luck than i did using this product

Andydm
Andydm

No.take it back.

Kev

Kevasked

Can you use gloss paint?

Vicki R.
Vicki R.

Can you use undercover and gloss paint ?

Dianeasked

How do you fix the handle to the edger?

Paulr
Paulr

Just purchased a Paint Runner Pro and I used a pair of pliers, I hope this helps you.

sue

sueasked

When I'm trying to use the small edger round lights nothing's happening, I've tried pressing harder no paint comes out.

Dave
Dave

After I filled the edger with paint I then loaded a roller tray with paint to and rolled the edger in that until the paint started to flow I then cleaned the plastic strip on the edger and I was good to go

Phil

I found my edger tool totally useless too had the same problem when I inspected the edger i found that the foam was too thin so that the edger was just rolling on plastic discs on either side and the foam was making little or no contact with surface to be painted again another inoperable part of this product.

footy

footyasked

can i use paint runner pro with decking oil?

BillyC
BillyC

The one I tried before only suitable for water base paint (read from the leaflet in the box). Please read your instructions. I use sheep skin pad (from Bunning) to paint my deck every year. Its easy to use and quick application no matter water based or oil base paint like deck oil. All the best.

Pammy

Sadly this product is not suitable for use with any paint what so ever from what I can tell. Go for a conventional good quality roller which is vastly superior. Using this product will result in getting bits of foam and streaks all over your wall, which you will then have to peel off and remwdy before ending up using a conventional roller after all. Complete waste of money, time and effort.

faezeh

faezehasked

Hi,

I've purchase 3 sets of 5 PCS Professional GENUINE RENOVATOR PAINT RUNNER PRO Painting Roller, for my family and friends as gift.

However, i cant use the roller as the paint inside the roller does not come out when trying to pain the wall no matter how hard you press the roller against the wall.

Please advise what i need to do to fix this problem?

jeff
jeff

we have all been conned by tv adds the company should not make such a crap product just bin them all . don't watch those TV Shopping shows and don't buy from them they badly demonstrate the products and tell you they work well, but they don't. The funny thing is they made money from us, they are the ones laughing at us, they wont refund either. looking around, I did find a Wagner Roller System that may work better, runs one 2 aa batteries, better than these crappy things we have brought AND COSTS $50.00 + A STANDARD ROLLER COVER

Pammy

You can’t fix the problem sadly. The adverts do not accurately describe the product. Like their paint pad pro, this is 100% not fit for purpose. Try for a refund asap

MarkC

Hi Faezeh I would ask if you picked up in the instructions about watering your good quality 'water based' paint down by 10%? It's a bit of trial and error with different paint manufacturers as they all produce paint with slightly different consistency but when you get it right the roller works fine. Don't use very cheap paint as this is already too thin and you will get the roller leaking and leave streaks on the wall as it's too thin. I've had mine for at least 6 years and apart from bobbling on the felt roller due to usage it's been great (just took a razor to the rollers to shave off the bobbling. Have only now had to look at replacement due to the felt finally wearing though after painting my house and in-laws house numerous times. Just make sure you follow the cleaning instructions to extend product life. And No I'm not on the payroll! A free sample from the suppplier fr giving a great review wouldn't go amiss though!

Jenny

Jennyasked

Very pleased first time of use. Cleaned carefully and stored. Now, it won't release any paint at all and I'm wasting paint trying to get it to work. Washed out carefully again,but can see lots of dried paint in the outlets. I've tried to dig them out but not successfully. Can you take the 'sleeve' off to clean the plastic inside properly?

Stephen

Send it back where you bought it as it is junk.

Jules
Jules

It is very good to use its not ahalf day job but you dont need to wait for it to dry before giving a second coat it is quick . It can make a little mess few dribbles so just put a towel where your painting not a lot but still does i love it

airexpress
airexpress

you should be using water based paint only

Ravi

Raviasked

Hi, Could you please tell the price for Renovator Paint Runner Pro? Thank you!

Stephen

There are lots of prices over the TV but it is also on EBay and elsewhere sometimes 2 for 1

damon
damon

60 bucks I paid for it privately from a guy that had 3

Phil

I saw in my local Reject Shop a very similar product which also included an extension handle as well for $20. The roller looked slightly smaller and the edger roller was a little different but it looked like it might actually work.

Cecile Burce

Cecile Burceasked

For quick drying enamel paints used on wood or steel which is not washable by water. How can the tool be cleaned?

MarkC

I'm afraid Cecile that it's only any use for water based paints.

Tanya

Tanyaasked

How would I paint the a corner that the two walls will be different colours would I use tape?

MAC
MAC

That's one way. I normally just cut in the edges very carefully with a 25mm brush

janaka
janaka

You can buy a bag type of material with sticky tape on the end of it and all you have to do is just type it up they have roles of this for sale lot of panel shops use this as well for the cars to spray paint so they don't spray the windows or any other part of the car it's not necessary

Get an answer from our members and TV Shop representatives