Renovator Paint Runner Pro

Renovator Paint Runner Pro Questions & Answers (page 3 of 4)

65 questions from our users

Tanya

Tanyaasked

How would I paint the a corner that the two walls will be different colours would I use tape?

MAC
MAC

That's one way. I normally just cut in the edges very carefully with a 25mm brush

janaka
janaka

You can buy a bag type of material with sticky tape on the end of it and all you have to do is just type it up they have roles of this for sale lot of panel shops use this as well for the cars to spray paint so they don't spray the windows or any other part of the car it's not necessary

researchingconsumer

researchingconsumerasked

MIke Z you sound like you work for the company selling this product and if so why should anyone believe what you say.I have checked out many sites for this product and the majority say not to buy.I agree it sounds tremendous but when checking sites that hire professional painters to test the unit they found it did not go as far as it should with the paint and was next to next to impossible for those with sore shoulders or arthritis? would you care to address this before i make a decision on the product

Commodorehsv
Commodorehsv

No, I don't work for the company. I am 72, I have Migrating Arthritis. From day to day I am never sure where the Arthritis will be, today, my left wrist, yesterday my left ankle, and so forth. I was an Electronics and Communication Engineer in my working life. I learnt to read and apply manufacturers instructions. To use this product successfully, once filled, draw the paint thoroughly through the micro fibre rollers on a sheet of newspaper, or wall to be painted, then paint without splatter or drips. Simple, once finished clean thoroughly. I have painted half my house so far with the same roller, walls, doors, and ceilings. My $14.95 roller is as good as new, so I shall continue the rest of the house before I start the outside of my home.
Further, my wife is a very hard marker, anything less than perfect is not good enough, and she is thoroughly impressed' plus I saved myself $600 a day for professional painters, enough reason for me to be motivated. Look, even if you are a dill, you too can paint like a professional, for$14.95, savings are worth this meager investment, what have you too loose?
Cheers

Peter Cole
Peter Cole

Where do you get it for $14.95? All the other commentators say it costs around $140, for two sets

Sam L
Sam L

So stupid it is just horrible to use

Pt55

Pt55asked

How do you clean the roller? The demonstration on tv shows washing a roller which seems
Alread clean. Joe would the interior nozzles get cleaned?

robbo
robbo

I bought 3 on a fantastic 3 for 1 offer. Seriously the price was very much paying for 3 items... but I really love this product. I have painted 2 entire houses using these 3 rollers over the past 18 months. I hate the small roller and the foam corner thing. Good brushes are best for cutting in. But the coverage is great.. rarely drips and applies evenly. I now need a new cover for 2 of the rollers though as they leak. I clean them using a hose that I shove inside to clear out as much as possible. I then leave the roller inside a bucket of water for the night. Then clean again with the hose inside and again on the outside until it runs clean. It does take a while to clean properly especially if like me I used them for a whole day of painting... I would recommend only half a day to be better on the rollers. I have not purchased the covers as I am not sure how to yet but I do want to get them.

Meaghan

Meaghanasked

How do i order these paint brushes?

Lindaj

Go on line, tvsn, globol shop etc hope this helps! You can get all the information there plus there good deals going at moment. Hope this helps!

Regards

Garyasked

I just noticed that i cant use enamel/oil based paints with the paint runner pro, so i have to use traditional rollers and brushes?

ShirleyH
ShirleyH

Hi Gary. Personally, I have only used acrylic paint with the Paint Runner Pro. I did read on the front page of the Owners Manual #1: to only use acrylic or latex paints (no enamel or oil-based paints. For acrylic paint, the product has worked a treat for me!

Gary

I have to use oil for the sealer which is going onto plaster (new house)

Mike Z

Hi Gary, Yes you can only use water based paints with the items. The items have limitations. Do not try to water down the paints as the items will leak/ooze water. When finished using the items, wash thoroughly and allow to "totally dry" before refilling the roller. I soak the roller in a bucket of warm soapy water and allow to dry thoroughly before reusing.
MikZ

ali

aliasked

What is the price of renovator paint runner if I buy online?

Mike Z

Hi Ali, $139.88 includes 3 x all items and includes Postage.
The Phone number the TV advertisement refers you to is in a Call Centre in New Zealand and the Warehouse you are then directed to is in Port Melbourne Victoria Australia.
I suggest you have a look at Reviews of items on this Website.

King3154

King3154asked

The review here make it seem it is bad. Is the product really that bad? Can someone provide pictures or a video of the faults it has?

Allen
Allen

I found no glaring faults - here is my video review:

jules
jules

I cannot access the video review.

vln
vln

O.notice on tv ads that the finish is thin & patchy. While the announcer is chatting.he goes back and forth to get the.oaint even. Don't be dazzled by the colours. Look at the coverage

Ver

Verasked

how to remove the open cap from the renovator paint runner pro?

Mike Z

Hi Ver, I have used a flat knife to loosen the end (not the sharp end). The plug is very tight to start to remove initially. Work the plug gently and it will loosen to then remove the plug by your fingers.

Gts Mango

Gts Mangoasked

What does it cost?

Gossy
Gossy

My partner purchased it ,i believe it was around $130 and you got 2 extra .So you finished up with 3 .

StephD
StephD

We brought this kit last year and it cost $100.00 and it was a promo where you Buy One Get One Free..... plus Freight $19.99 It came from Port Melb to West Melb about 10 mins drive so not so sure about freight pricing !! I have not used it yet as all the negative comments about the results have put me off

Mike Z

Hi Gts Mango, I bought the items x 3 including Postage for $139.88 including Postage by Australia Post.

Phil

Philasked

Where can you purchase the Renovator paint roller Pro here in Adelaide? An what is the cost?

Ardnas
Ardnas

I am in NSW and ours was purchased last year for Christmas but we only used it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It was advertised on the TV and that is the only place that I have seen it, the ad still runs today. I would suggest if it is not on Adelaide TV then Google it as they have a website with a phone number that you can order from. I can't remember how much it cost but we got two for the price of one.

Don't waste your money -

Mike Z

Hi Phil, when you ring the telephone number as advised on the TV you will be referred to New Zealand Call Centre and then to Port Melbourne Victoria Warehouse. Postage is then by Australia Post. The total cost including Postage was $139.88 for 3 items as advertised.

Winny

Winnyasked

Why is there no replacement rollers

Als

Because no one has used them enough or been happy enough to buy more rubbish

jeff

that's how they market this product the roller wont last very long and soon you need to by a new set up for me you cant bet a mohair 230cm roller the finish is brilliant they may market and sell a lot of paint runners is all in the art of marketing of them but they have a lot of unhappy customers too.They don't care about you the whole adds are very well thought of to get you hooked show you the things you want to see & hear but not the real truth regards jeff

Hi Winny,
The latest add for the item on TV offers "buy one get 2 free. You will need all three items unless your walls and ceilings are "FLAT WITHOUT ANY SHARP EDGES AS THE ITEMS ARE PRONE TO TARE AND THEN PAINT WILL OOZE OUT"!.
Like cheap paint brushes they are not meant to last and have a used by date.
If you are very very careful and gentle with the rollers and wash and dry completely after each use and use the rollers on flat surfaces then you will be happy with the result.
I have nearly finished painting the interior of my weatherboard house using the items.
The items assist and do save time and effort on flat surfaces. I suggest you have quality paint brushes on hand as I found them necessary for painting my 1938 California Weatherbord house.

Pearl

Pearlasked

I've just been told that the sponge's tend to tear very easily, has this happened to anyone else?

Als

It's very thin and gets loose, only used mine once on a ceiling and wall then gave up because it was dripping aint more than a normal roller and the spread was very uneven

MikeH
MikeH

Got my roller as part of ladder deal. Not too bad to use, reasonable coating, but uses lots of paint and heaps is wasted when washing roller and interior. Caught roller on a couple of small nail heads that I missed and it tore very easily. Wrapped it in plastic to keep moist for next coat then forgot about it and it dried out - my mistake, but will be getting conventional roller considering price vs value.

JILLEATON
JILLEATON

I have just used my roller for the first time. It took a bit of priming, 5 minutes rolling on a scrap price of wall board. I found it a bit heavy, but it does hold nearly a litre of paint. I had no issues with drips or runs. I did make sure the cap clicked to the second "click" though. I am no professional painter by any means, but it did a very good job. I did 1 coat on a 4 metre square room in just under an hour, walls only, not the ceiling. I like it. It took over half an hour to clean. I figured this may be the case. Just kept rinsing and hosing it through till the water ran clear. Its not a cheap and nasty product, it's well made and sturdy, so I made sure it was very clean for next use. The microfibre cover looks rather durable, but like all heavy use things, it will eventually wear out. I guess correct care will keep it longer.

Kanne

Kanneasked

For those who have used this do you need to thin the paint? If so how much?

jeff

in summer time you may need a thinner paint but dont leave the paint on the roller too long and dont leave the top off your paint tin as it dries out, the paint you need to put in about 20mls per load but mix in another paint tin before you load the roller, only on hot days good lukck with it

Mike Z

Hi Kane, I have used and am still using the rollers with having used Haymes and now Dulux Waterbased Paints.
No, I have not needed to thin the paints and would "not recommend it". I tried this and found that the water diluted paint will ooze water and little paint.
Make sure to wash the roller in a bucket of warm soapy water and "dry completely" before using again.

Ivok

Ivokasked

How much it cost to by product

Gethro
Gethro

Check the website but I think about $100. Well worth it

Pat
Pat

It cost $140. I'd save the money and buy good quality paint, rollers and associated gear. It would be too heavy!

Mike Z

Hi Ivok, $139.88 includes 3 x all Units and Postage.

Rhonda

Rhondaasked

Can you buy extra covers without having to buy the whole thing again? I have let mine dry out or is there a way to clean already really dried rollers. (Water based paint)

Als

I bought extra rollers waste of money, you cant fill them and use them latter as the tele marketer said as the paint leaks out and then drips every where, buy an conventional roller and extra sleeves cheaper and will do a better job

Mike Z

Hi Rhonda, I soak my rollers in a bucket of warm soapy water after use and then allow to completely dry before using again.
If completely dry before reuse, then I have found no problems with refill and use.

Jodie Quattrocchi

Jodie Quattrocchiasked

Can you buy additional parts for it ??

Im sorry i dont know

Im sorry i dont know

Juneasked

Why didn't I look at reviews first- I just received my orders today & not sure if should even open the box.
Should I send back or give it go??? I'm thinking send back before the 2 more installments are taken out of my account

doggydoo
doggydoo

Hi molly. I have not tried it but by other reviews I would send it back. Was going to buy one have now decided against it

June

Thanks doggydoo - I will be returning today.

Kim T
Kim T

I would send it back after using it, it's a waste of money

David Jackson

David Jacksonasked

How much does the package cost?

Voldemaras
Voldemaras

I don't know - as I said, my uncle bought it for me

petercia
petercia

A$120 includes delivery. And includes an extra paint pro.

BSG
BSG

Too much. They should be paying you to dispose of their rubbish product.

Samgoggins

Samgogginsasked

What is full price of rollers?

Bim
Bim

Check this link for the price -http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/122009517549?lpid=107&chn=

When I rang TV ppl, they said it was gonna cost 129 including postage and 1 free runner.

newoldbee
newoldbee

$129 if you buy on the phone. $40 if you buy in store. How can they get away with this???

Caroline

Carolineasked

what is the total cost of the paint runner pro system? Does it come with the pole to paint the ceilings included in the pack? Does the buy one get one free offer still exist?

Jo Heard
Jo Heard

Hey
I'm only a customer like you, we love it, we bought it as a 2 for 1 deal & not sure if that's still on & any paint extension pole from your local hardware will suit for additional cost

Wiseup
Wiseup

Ad is still on. Costs $99.99 full price. Extension pole extra. Very terrible reviews. All but one person gave it only 1/10. Bad experience trying to return it and was told by Co that 3+ coats were needed to hide the steeaks.

Get an answer from our members and TV Shop representatives