Renovator Paint Runner Pro

Renovator Paint Runner Pro

See the Best Garden & Power Tools in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by TV Shop

Tash
TashMid North Coast, NSW

Disapointed

Yeah I wouldn't rave on it did paint ok but laps the paint up and after a bit of painting the foam got holes In it and paint dripped out didnt last long thought it would of lasted a lot longer, would not buy product again.

Purchased in August 2019.

Waste of money

Used it for the first time today and was very disappointed .Takes an age to prime .It started leaking almost straight away and the foam has already come away and gone all saggy . As for cleaning it you better warn the neighbours because you are going to be using half the water in the neighbourhood .

Not worth the money

First use and one of the end kept coming off then leakages from that end of the roller. Could not get it to distribute paint evenly and took 2-3 painted to cover one wall. Small roller did not go right to the end of the wall so have to use brush anyway. Don't waste this amount of money on this product. Standard broom stick does not fit. Tried three different ones and none small enough.

Good idea - poor product

Will need at least 3 coats of paint. Had to keep getting down the ladder to pick up the end of the roller which secures it to the handle - the lid keeping the paint in also came off. The sleeve is now very loose although it has only been used one to paint a bathroom which is half tiles, so a small room and only half of it. Will stick to regular rollers and brushes from now on.

Find out how Renovator Paint Runner Pro compares to other Garden & Power Tools

Back to my trusty old roller and tray!!

Used twice. Thought I'd give it a second chance. Takes ages to prep the roller once filled with paint. There is no consistent flow of paint from the roller whist in use. Using only with Dulux matt emulsion which produces a rippled effect on the walls and drys as this. I have tried varying amounts of pressure but the roller does not cover the walls consistently. Sorry Renovator, this does not satisfy my expectations. I'll be completing my daughters house with brushes and normal roller. Your article will be returned.

Bad

Not good, wish I had read these reviews before buying.
Back to the old tray and roller for me.
Back breaking up and down ladders.
I would not recommend this to anybody.
On the positive found it easy to clean to send back.

no good on rough surfaces

I bought this product to use on high ceilings on my stairs and landing as it avoided keeping refilling the roller with paint. The product works fine on smooth surfaces but on artex type surfaces the material of the roller gets caught on the artex which tears chunks out of it which then lets the holes in the inner plastic roller leak paint straight out as drips. The other factor is the thinning of the paint. In order to flow properly the paint has to be thinned to the level of runny cream, meaning more coats are needed. For £30. Not a happy bunny

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

Not what they advertise

Good in the fact it doesn’t drip. A+ on that front. The fact they say paint your room in just one coat is a load of crap, still had to donthreee coats then finish off with a normal roller to get rid of all the streaks this leaves, making that 4 coats. So to me that more coats than normal, more time and more money. I like the bone drip factor and the fact you aren’t up up and down a ladder to refill your roller. But CERTAINLY not what they advertise. Stick to normal rollers.

damon
damonSYDNEY

only thing thats good abt it ..it doesnt drip

other than that.... u still have to tape up! so don't be fooled by what they say on tv .i don't know how they made it look that good ,but sure as hell didn't work like that on my wall .

Adrian
AdrianOberon

Not Happy

The product leaked, one was broken so I sent it back 2 months ago and I'm still waiting for a replacement. Not Happy, wouldn't recommend this product, keen to advertise but one get one free they didn't advertise one would be broken.

Dreadful.

The roller is very heavy when filled with paint, the edger makes a mess, the foam fill is not as high as the plastic edge. Glad I had myusual painting gear with me

TES72
TES72Perth

It Could Be Worse....

To all the unhappy Paint Roller Pro users take heart at least you didn't fall for the con of all cons- a Thermomix OMG! $2,000 for a very small 2-3 people max -at the end of the day 'a puree machine/blender', I think these promoters are the ones laughing all the way to the bank!!

Shane11
Shane11GEELONG

Nowhere as good as they make out!

Being a novice painter and having an entire house to paint, we saw the ads, thought that will make the job easier and more efficient, well weren't we wrong. Clean up time is outrageous, paint flow is hit and miss, evenness of paint across the roller is unachievable and when they state that's it will never leak or drip, well that's just an out and out lie, when doing the ceilings I had more paint on my face, head and floor then I managed to get on the ceiling, and it was dripping from where you fill not the roller (happened with both rollers), the "flocker " is useless, refuses to do a clean even run.
Do yourself a favour and just buy a decent roller and edger, you will get the job done twice as fast, neater and waste less paint.

Paint renovator roller

We're very disappointed because the paint renovator roller didn't have any instructions on what paint to use. We're not professional painter hence we used oil based paint and the roller just got stiff and hard.

Doesn't last

I am on the third room and the roller skin is already flaky. It's heavy and the skin oozes paint. So there is no even release of paint. The edger is crap too. The product does not last normal use.